First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I don't remember (there are so many) which thread that someone asked when OTA update the cameras in motion start working for Job1 trucks. I used Forscan to enable them on mine, and I added the "Bed Camera" card at the same time. While cameras in motion worked, the card did NOT work, so I removed the card. I saw someone mention that the card started working once they got all the updates including the BlueCruise versions. So I added the card back in and have been testing it on every OTA update.

So I can happily announce that 2.5.1 fixed the Bed Camera card in motion. I do *not* know if it added cameras-in-motion for non Forscan users, however. They don't ever mention cameras in motion in the powerup wiki. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Power-Up_Version_History

Ford F-150 FYI: Can confirm bed camera card works at OTA 2.5.1 20220407_123227
Sponsored

JFR0317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
I didn't try the cameras in motion or the Bed Camera card until after my truck was already on 2.5.3, but they are all working now, and I have not done any Forscan or FDRS changes/updates, just OTA.

OP
OP
daemonic3

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I didn't try the cameras in motion or the Bed Camera card until after my truck was already on 2.5.3, but they are all working now, and I have not done any Forscan or FDRS changes/updates, just OTA.
Question: When you bought the truck, did it have the bed camera card option?

When I bought mine, I had the original powerboost cards only - no Trip1/2, no Fuel Economy, no Bed Camera. So are you saying that newer updates enabled the full set of cards without any forscan mods?

JFR0317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Question: When you bought the truck, did it have the bed camera card option?

When I bought mine, I had the original powerboost cards only - no Trip1/2, no Fuel Economy, no Bed Camera. So are you saying that newer updates enabled the full set of cards without any forscan mods?
When I bought my truck in January 2021 (December 2020 production), it did not have the bed camera card option. As I posted, I have it now and have not done any Forscan mods. I do not have cards for Trip 1/2 or Fuel Economy.

OP
OP
daemonic3

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
When I bought my truck in January 2021 (December 2020 production), it did not have the bed camera card option. As I posted, I have it now and have not done any Forscan mods. I do not have cards for Trip 1/2 or Fuel Economy.
Interesting! Can you name your cards? I'm guessing the originals plus bed camera?
  1. Zone lighting (useless!)
  2. Nav
  3. Audio
  4. Propower
  5. Eco behavior (useless!)
  6. [NEW] Bed camera?

Zone lighting is useless because I find the cards a convenient way to flip through things while DRIVING. I would not turn on zone lighting while driving. There are other ways to turn on zone lighting when parked.

Eco behavior is useless after the first few weeks of ownership. Like, ok I get it, I use the brakes and I accelerate. It is also redundant because I can add it to the cluster in MyView where I regularly cycle screens.

Trip1/2 [requires Forscan] is useful as a "this trip" indicator (have to reset it each trip) so that I can watch Eco Coach or Fuel Economy in my cluster to know when I need to do lockouts when towing. So I don't have to continually cycle in MyView to see how I'm doing on This Trip.

Fuel Economy [requires Forscan] is not as useful as I thought it would be, since it doesn't have as many hashmarks as when it is in the cluster. And harder to keep glancing at. I'll be removing it next time I Forscan for adding tremor mode front cams.

Bed Camera is extremely useful! I can now check on the dogs, or cargo while moving, obviously.

Sponsored

JFR0317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Interesting! Can you name your cards? I'm guessing the originals plus bed camera?
  1. Zone lighting (useless!)
  2. Nav
  3. Audio
  4. Propower
  5. Eco behavior (useless!)
  6. [NEW] Bed camera?

Zone lighting is useless because I find the cards a convenient way to flip through things while DRIVING. I would not turn on zone lighting while driving. There are other ways to turn on zone lighting when parked.

Eco behavior is useless after the first few weeks of ownership. Like, ok I get it, I use the brakes and I accelerate. It is also redundant because I can add it to the cluster in MyView where I regularly cycle screens.

Trip1/2 [requires Forscan] is useful as a "this trip" indicator (have to reset it each trip) so that I can watch Eco Coach or Fuel Economy in my cluster to know when I need to do lockouts when towing. So I don't have to continually cycle in MyView to see how I'm doing on This Trip.

Fuel Economy [requires Forscan] is not as useful as I thought it would be, since it doesn't have as many hashmarks as when it is in the cluster. And harder to keep glancing at. I'll be removing it next time I Forscan for adding tremor mode front cams.

Bed Camera is extremely useful! I can now check on the dogs, or cargo while moving, obviously.
Yes, those 6 are exactly what I have for cards.

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost
I don't remember (there are so many) which thread that someone asked when OTA update the cameras in motion start working for Job1 trucks. I used Forscan to enable them on mine, and I added the "Bed Camera" card at the same time. While cameras in motion worked, the card did NOT work, so I removed the card. I saw someone mention that the card started working once they got all the updates including the BlueCruise versions. So I added the card back in and have been testing it on every OTA update.

So I can happily announce that 2.5.1 fixed the Bed Camera card in motion. I do *not* know if it added cameras-in-motion for non Forscan users, however. They don't ever mention cameras in motion in the powerup wiki. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Power-Up_Version_History

20220407_123227.jpg
I checked this at every version - if you are not using Forscan, you will need to wait until 2.5.3 to have access to the Bed Camera card and bed camera at speed. They will not appear/work for 2.5.2 or earlier without Forscan.

OP
OP
daemonic3

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I checked this at every version - if you are not using Forscan, you will need to wait until 2.5.3 to have access to the Bed Camera card and bed camera at speed. They will not appear/work for 2.5.2 or earlier without Forscan.
Thanks for clarification! I don't want to mislead anyone but it definitely worked for me under the conditions I listed. Good to note there is a dependency/interaction with the other camera-at-speed mods.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
I have a job 1 truck and am still stuck on 2.3.0. No updates available.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The bed cam comes available in 2.5.1 that’s the HUGE OTA.

2.4.3 ipc stage one
2.4.4 ipc stage two
2.4.5 is the apim
2.5.1 is Ccm, ipma, pscm, cmr(enables cams)
2.5.2 gateway
2.5.3 Apim

Last edited:

Sponsored

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
I have a job 1 truck and am still stuck on 2.3.0. No updates available.
Since the ECU thread is so large you may not have seen it -> there is a bunch of us in the same boat with XLT 302A trucks all stuck at 2.3.0 even updating manually with FDRS.

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
I cannot wait! i just got to 1.7.1......

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
Since the ECU thread is so large you may not have seen it -> there is a bunch of us in the same boat with XLT 302A trucks all stuck at 2.3.0 even updating manually with FDRS.
same boat. just forced 2.3.0 with the mongoose. nothing else available. 302a.

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
hijacking this thread a bit but it's related....

I just updated my IPMA and now my bed camera card started working which is awesome.

But my question is how is your cameras in motion working for everyone? Mine has changed with this update.
  • before the IPMA update with forscan changes -> pressing the camera button while moving would show the hitch view, then the 2nd press would show the bed view with 360 overhead view on the side
  • after the IPMA update with the same forscan changes -> pressing camera button while moving shows the bed view, with a menu button to switch between bed/hitch/bumper views
Does anybody else that is fully updated (gotten to BC) have the option to have the 360 overhead view while in motion? I really liked that view. Best case would be to have the option for all 4 possible views while in motion but I may be stuck without it now (unless I can figure out forscan changes to bring it back).

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
Does anybody else that is fully updated (gotten to BC) have the option to have the 360 overhead view while in motion? I really liked that view. Best case would be to have the option for all 4 possible views while in motion but I may be stuck without it now (unless I can figure out forscan changes to bring it back).
Just updated to BC. All I have is bed and hitch camera in motion. Really like this for trailer towing. No Forscan changes on my truck this is stock.

Ford F-150 FYI: Can confirm bed camera card works at OTA 2.5.1 IMG_6543_Balanced
Sponsored