• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner; F-150 Lightning order
Occupation
Corporate Physical Security Manager
What order number(1st 15,000 order?)would my reservation be if the number is on 5/20/21 Reservation 10869848?
Short answer: nobody knows.

Reservation numbers are not sequential, and also include all other Ford vehicles that can be ordered online.

What matters more is your timestamp. If you reserved on the night of the reveal, you're probably okay.
Sponsored

Ciancagl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
Sales
I REALLY don’t think the reservation # is going to matter.
It all has to deal with dealer/regional allotments and how many trim levels they are going to produce, then the 3rd factor might be reservation number.
But I think each dealer is going to have their order/delivery slots and honestly it might be up to them who’s slotted where.

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Damn, Gonna be a bunch of impatient and upset people. Hopefully I'm not one. I put my reservation in very early.
I put mine in the first 5 minutes.
That is early. Now....when in the spring of 2022 will start delivering.
I am itching for mine.
Good luck.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
It all has to deal with dealer/regional allotments and how many trim levels they are going to produce, then the 3rd factor might be reservation number.
But I think each dealer is going to have their order/delivery slots and honestly it might be up to them who’s slotted where.
I think Ford is really trying to reduce the amount power dealers have but it will be a long journey before we order factory direct. The reservation process is intended to give people a place in line although there are very few details about the Lightning reservation process. There is a lot of detail on the Bronco reservation process however and the timestamp (not the number) was/is an important factor although it got muddied by dealer pushback that lead to allocation models. This ultimately led to a reservation being a place in one of many lines (one per dealer) and certain dealers found ways around the process allowing "special customers" to move up in line.

The sooner dealers are removed the sales process the better. Then we can shop for dealers that actually add value to the delivery and service side.

I put mine in the first 5 minutes.
That is early. Now....when in the spring of 2022 will start delivering.
I am itching for mine.
Good luck.
Me too and can't wait!

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Placed my reservation 8/26 at 11:50 am and received a confirmation email from Ford at 11:52 am.

At 12:33 pm 8/26, I received a “thank you” email from the lead business manager at my selected dealership. She also indicated whenever they receive pricing order information they will be in touch by email.

At 11:45 am 8/29, I received an email from my selected dealership’s GM stating if I had any issues or questions that his customer care team could not resolve, please email him directly for a personal response.

A traditional salesperson has not been involved n the process to date making me think my selected dealer is adapting quickly to Ford’s new business model emphasizing customer orders for purchases rather than a large in-stock inventory.

Based on my experience, reservations are immediately sent to the selected dealer. I checked my credit card and the $100 fee was billed from my selected dealer, not Ford.

Reservations are not orders. Dealers are responsible for placing orders and all dealership level factors previously discussed in other threads are now in play.

Oh, but wait there’s more. Depending on the dealer, if reservations are assigned to a salesperson, do you really think they will stop what they are doing and immediately place orders for vehicles that they may not receive a commission on for months or maybe even years?

Personally, I believe the reservation numbers and time stamps are for Ford’s internal use.
you have a reservation already so there is no race to place an order. I'm sure there will be a window for orders. So you salesmen could be the last one to place an order and you would have the same place inline

Sponsored

Ciancagl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
Sales
Placed my reservation 8/26 at 11:50 am and received a confirmation email from Ford at 11:52 am.

At 12:33 pm 8/26, I received a “thank you” email from the lead business manager at my selected dealership. She also indicated whenever they receive pricing order information they will be in touch by email.

At 11:45 am 8/29, I received an email from my selected dealership’s GM stating if I had any issues or questions that his customer care team could not resolve, please email him directly for a personal response.

A traditional salesperson has not been involved n the process to date making me think my selected dealer is adapting quickly to Ford’s new business model emphasizing customer orders for purchases rather than a large in-stock inventory.

Based on my experience, reservations are immediately sent to the selected dealer. I checked my credit card and the $100 fee was billed from my selected dealer, not Ford.

Reservations are not orders. Dealers are responsible for placing orders and all dealership level factors previously discussed in other threads are now in play.

Oh, but wait there’s more. Depending on the dealer, if reservations are assigned to a salesperson, do you really think they will stop what they are doing and immediately place orders for vehicles that they may not receive a commission on for months or maybe even years?

Personally, I believe the reservation numbers and time stamps are for Ford’s internal use.
Completely agree. Reservations are basically for Ford to know how much $$$ and time to ramp up production and to see what the market is telling them.
I doubt Reservation #1-100 will get the first 100 units. So many more factors because ultimately it’s up to the dealer to give the orders to Ford.

Also, should you really have first “dibs” because you saw the commercial first?

*ducks and runs*

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
you have a reservation already so there is no race to place an order. I'm sure there will be a window for orders. So you salesmen could be the last one to place an order and you would have the same place inline
I got very different advice from my dealer - they told me to order as soon as I was able to get the best place in line. Not sure that is accurate though.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I got very different advice from my dealer - they told me to order as soon as I was able to get the best place in line. Not sure that is accurate though.
Ford has not revealed much about how reservations will work for the Lighting yet. For the Bronco the order banks were open for several weeks and Ford was clear that when the order was entered did no matter as long as it was completed before the window closed. My impression was that some dealers gave conflicting information which led to a great deal of confusion. Take a look at https://www.bronco6g.com/ for a wide array of horror stories about the reservation/order process. Hopefully this one runs more smoothly.

There is certainly little harm in ordering right away but it isn't supposed to impact your place in line. Also I wouldn't hold off ordering because you have a "late reservation". The Bronco showed us that commodity constraints, dealer allocations, and many other variables can impact the actual build schedule and I have seen reports of late reservation holders getting lucky.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Ford has not revealed much about how reservations will work for the Lighting yet. For the Bronco the order banks were open for several weeks and Ford was clear that when the order was entered did no matter as long as it was completed before the window closed. My impression was that some dealers gave conflicting information which led to a great deal of confusion. Take a look at https://www.bronco6g.com/ for a wide array of horror stories about the reservation/order process. Hopefully this one runs more smoothly.

There is certainly little harm in ordering right away but it isn't supposed to impact your place in line. Also I wouldn't hold off ordering because you have a "late reservation". The Bronco showed us that commodity constraints, dealer allocations, and many other variables can impact the actual build schedule and I have seen reports of late reservation holders getting lucky.
Agreed - My plan is to put in my order as soon as I can and hope that I can get an allocation before the redesign for the 2026 model year. Hopefully with expectations that low I won't be disappointed.

doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost & 2019 Mustang GT Conv
Occupation
Real estate
If my reservation doesn't get selected for allotment in 2022, I'm going to forgo my reservation. It doesn't seem unreasonable to think my truck ight not get delivered until 2024 (unless I'm lucky). At that point, I'd rather hold out for the redesigned 2026 model on the TE1 dedicated architecture. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited for this lightning and I hope (like everyone else) I can get mine next year. It just seems like it's a 3 year place holder model to gain some learnings for the TE1 platform. If I can't jump in early on the ownership train, then I'll just wait.

Sponsored

BottledLightning

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crown Vic, Explorer
What were those region/dealership factors?

On a somewhat related note, I saw one of the big Broncos in the wild for the first time. It was parked next to a Wrangler Unlimited and absolutely dwarfed that thing.
For Bronco they took three items into account with the following percentages. 25% based upon competitive registrations in the area of the dealership (wrangler and 4runner), 25% based upon dealerships overall sales performance, 50% based upon the conversion ratio of reservations turned into orders.

I'm not sure that they will use the same formula with Lightning but that's currently our only real world example to go off of.

BottledLightning

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crown Vic, Explorer
Ford gave us one slot we could put anybody in for Bronco. I doubt they will let us choose all of them for Lightning. You are correct on the importance of dealer allotment and trim brake down

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
I'm not to terribly concerned about my place in line (assuming there is even a line) but Ford really could do a better job of keeping customers informed.

BottledLightning

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crown Vic, Explorer
It's not. Mustang Mach-E process may be more relevant.
True, but I am at a loss there. Our dealership hardly got any Mach-E reservations so I have no real experience with that program. If anyone with experience could inform me of how that worked that would be awesome for me. We are in truck country so our Bronco and Lightning reservations have been absolutely stellar.
Sponsored