• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Torque Vectoring by braking ? Will this be included on the Lightning ?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Advancetrac is torque vectoring. I don't know how long they have has this standard but it has existed for a long time on the trucks and SUVs.

Pretty much everything that has stability control or traction control has torque vectoring.

All the 4x4 drive modes use torque vectoring in some way probably even on vehicles with front and rear lockers (which is very few).

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I would think advanced torque vectoring works better if each wheel had its own motor.
If you have a motor at each wheel you don't need brake based torque vectoring. You just control the motor output.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I would think advanced torque vectoring works better if each wheel had its own motor.
Six of one, half dozen of the other. The street/dirt can't tell the difference.

Honda has a pretty advanced torque vectoring system for their Ridgeline and some Acura models that they introduced for the Legend/RL but it really can't compete with individual wheel motors or manipulating individual brake calipers. I think that the lightest solution is using the brakes, even when you add in the weight of the differential and housing.
Sponsored