• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Will Lightning cause a jump in Ford stock?

Lightning.Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna x 2
Ford stock has been going up lately (3x over last 3 years). Do you think it will jump again when the Lightning begins deliveries?

Ford F-150 Lightning Will Lightning cause a jump in Ford stock? ford.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I think so. That's why I started buying Ford at $6.xx last year.

Ford is going to do well with EVs and EVs are going to push people to more trucks and big SUVs because EVs shrink the cost difference between fueling cars vs trucks/SUVs... and Ford excels at trucks/SUVs, as everyone here knows.

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
Ford stock has been going up lately (3x over last 3 years). Do you think it will jump again when the Lightning begins deliveries?

ford.JPG
I have wanted to buy Ford stock but its just not a good investment. Five years ago it was around $12, now $15, not much of a money maker, I will invest elsewhere.

dldsm7

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus HB MT
I think the jump started with the Mach E and I don’t think F is a company that will ever be valued in the hundreds due to number of shares. Maybe upper 20s but I am not sure about a long term play.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I think the stock will be much more affected by being able to deliver the 1000s of cars and trucks sitting in parking lots.

Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
I have wanted to buy Ford stock but its just not a good investment. Five years ago it was around $12, now $15, not much of a money maker, I will invest elsewhere.
I bought a bunch of $F at $4-5 per share. I have a lot of faith in Ford's move into electrification. The Lightning reservations already punched up share prices and think the same will happen when deliveries start.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I don't think you'll see a Tesla sized jump in Ford stock. The biggest advantage to currently owning Ford stock would be X-Plan access if that pricing is allowed on the F-150 Lightning.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
I own enough for x-plan pricing but that’s it. It has been pretty steady over the years and does pay a small dividend but nothing exciting. Will it see a bump from EV’s, yeah but as was mentioned if growth is your interest, better to look elsewhere. Ford is already mature company.

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
I bought Ford at $6 late last year.... I am a happy boy

cstring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
I just bought some ford stocks to take advantage of x-plan. It looks like there is a 6 month holding period before I am eligible, can I still apply during delivery/payment time it if I need to build my truck this fall?

Sponsored

OSKARF150LARIAT

First Name
OSCAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150 LARIAT
I just bought some ford stocks to take advantage of x-plan. It looks like there is a 6 month holding period before I am eligible, can I still apply during delivery/payment time it if I need to build my truck this fall?
from my understanding you need to be 6 months exactly when you submit your proof to ford. There is no exemptions based on what I was told.

cstring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
from my understanding you need to be 6 months exactly when you submit your proof to ford. There is no exemptions based on what I was told.
I meant to say can I proof it by delivery time (sometime next year) or do I have to prove I am x-plan eligible by the time I place the order (sometime this year)? Obviously I won't be eligible if I have to prove it this year.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I meant to say can I proof it by delivery time (sometime next year) or do I have to prove I am x-plan eligible by the time I place the order (sometime this year)? Obviously I won't be eligible if I have to prove it this year.
You will need to have the pin at delivery time.
Sponsored