• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
True, but I am at a loss there. Our dealership hardly got any Mach-E reservations so I have no real experience with that program. If anyone with experience could inform me of how that worked that would be awesome for me. We are in truck country so our Bronco and Lightning reservations have been absolutely stellar.
I think that with MME there was no dealer allocation. It was driven strictly by orders. And everyone who reserved before order books were opened, had the opportunity to convert to order and have it delivered in the first few months of 2021 (except GT). Also MMEs went to individual consumers. Lightning demand is much higher than MME, supply may end up lower, and some number needs to go to fleet sales. I think the best we can really do is wait for when Ford clarifies what they are going to do. So far it seems that Ford is still trying to figure out what's the best way to transform sales process.
Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Will Build 15K Lightning in 2022, 80K+/yr by 2024 1630496607806

I came across the video at:

Town and Country TV
Aug 23, 2021

It shows how power can be used mobile/static and on the job (total available 9.6 Kw).
Many other important facts in the video I had not seen/heard before. Stated that with the extended range battery Ford will give you everything needed to set up at home charging and reverse power (Charger/Breaker/Transfer Panel) but installation extra.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Stated that with the extended range battery Ford will give you everything needed to set up at home charging and reverse power (Charger/Breaker/Transfer Panel) but installation extra.
I wouldn't trust this to be true. AFAIK, no one else has said that all of the necessary components for V2H would be included. I like his videos, but I don't think he has as much knowledge of the F150L or BEVs as he's trying to project. Plus, he didn't know which side the charging port was on, which is a minor hit to his credibility :)

It doesn't make financial sense to include all of the hardware for free since there's going to be a lot of people that won't/can't use the V2H. I'd much rather have a lower MSRP with the V2H hardware added as an option.

Last edited:

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Agreed. Take everything with a pound of salt but in one of his videos on the work truck it shows him opening the charge port on the right side. I can believe my lying eyes.

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Which video and time stamp? His Pro video shows Ford stock B-roll of the charge port when he is on the passenger side but you can tell by the shape of the opening it’s from the driver side (hinge on left).

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumber
Which video and time stamp? His Pro video shows Ford stock B-roll of the charge port when he is on the passenger side but you can tell by the shape of the opening it’s from the driver side (hinge on left).
I think this is the video you're referring to (link goes to 1:08):

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Guess I Can Not trust my lying eyes!

Thanks for the correction on the charge port!

I went back and watched carefully and he clearly is shown saying port is on passenger side and he gets ready to open it. Then quick EDIT! He opens it but you can tell by its shape it is now on the driver's side. This is at the 1:10 mark of the video at:

ATLANTA MOTOR SPEEDWAY
F150 Lightning Pro! The $39k Model - Walkaround and Test Drive!

266,626 viewsPremiered Aug 24, 2021

On the statement that the Extended Battery Pack comes with all the fixin's. That is at the 4:25 mark of:

Inside look at the new F150 Lightning!

67,540 views Aug 23, 2021

He also states in the same video that the battery pack can easily be dropped and changed out or repaired because there are just 4 bolts (+electrical connections).

Thanks again and this should be another reminder of being super careful about Facts vs Fantasy on the web.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumber
He also states in the same video that the battery pack can easily be dropped and changed out or repaired because there are just 4 bolts (+electrical connections).
Not sure where he got the four bolt thing--maybe the battery is as big as 4 Chevy Bolt batteries?

It also made me chuckle because 4 bolts would make the battery an easy, very valuable target for thieves.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Maybe 4 bolts that hold the cover down, probably just looked down and saw 4 bolts LOL

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Not sure where he got the four bolt thing--maybe the battery is as big as 4 Chevy Bolt batteries?

It also made me chuckle because 4 bolts would make the battery an easy, very valuable target for thieves.
Even with only 4 bolts (which I'm sure there are way more) a theif is going to have a real hard time moving that battery pack, it probably weighs somewhere around 2000lbs. They're probably just going to steal the entire vehicle at that point.

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
After reading about this and hearing about the Bronco debacle, I have also placed a reservation for a Rivian. I would rather have a Ford, but I am going to need a truck at some point- can’t wait forever!

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
At the Phoenix Lightning Tour today, I asked about the 4 bolts quote. They laughed. They said this guy came with his own script and really didn't pay attention. They said it is 4 bolts on each side. He only heard half the comment.

They said he stayed until the end and as they were cleaning up he did his filming. Just a FYI.

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
After reading about this and hearing about the Bronco debacle, I have also placed a reservation for a Rivian. I would rather have a Ford, but I am going to need a truck at some point- can’t wait forever!
I like the thought process here. Whatever fully electric vehicle coming down the pike that can fit my big butt and the family gets my money first. Having an EV just makes a lot of sense on several levels, but I’m not convinced the Rivian is any closer than anyone else (in the truck/full sized suv category)…or are they?

Last edited:

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
I'm not to terribly concerned about my place in line (assuming there is even a line) but Ford really could do a better job of keeping customers informed.
FWIW, On Aug.5th, many of us received an email from Ford, not the dealership, that “ Your place in line has been reserved. Here’s what’s next”. Ford also stated in the same email, “ Great news: the date and time of your reservation* have been verified. We’ll be sure to keep you posted throughout the process and will send more info on how to order your new F‑150 Lightning this fall.”
Based on that information, Ford maybe doing something different from the past (taking control of the ordering process away from the dealership). Ford maybe creating a window of opportunity to place your order based on your time stamp. If Ford tells me it’s time to order? I’m off to the dealership the next second to place my order, there may only be a few days of opportunity before Ford moves on to the next group within a “Time Stamp” range till the first 15k units are full for 2022?? Ford MAY also give some the opportunity to order directly through Ford Motor? We’ll have to wait and see on that.
Sponsored