First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
So I ordered a new F150 Lariat back on 8/27 and got a call from the dealer that it will be here tomorrow. I was super excited until they started telling me that some of the packages have been removed from the truck when they were comparing what was on my order summary vs what's on my window sticker?

1 - I ordered the truck with the Trailer Tow Package which was removed...

2 - I ordered the 360 degree camera package which was also removed...

3- I ordered the Ford Co Pilot 360 assist 2.0 which I guess the assist part was removed because the truck won't have assisted cruise control now from what they are telling me?.. which I have assisted cruise control now on my 2015 Chrysler 200C and really liked it, so i definitely wanted that in my truck but won't have it now?

4- Advanced security package was removed? and from what I was reading on another forum on here that means the interior motion sensor has been removed so now if someone breaks into my car it won't go off?

5- Heated steering wheel removed - Which I've read is from all Ford trucks?

I'm just kind of bummed now. This truck is a big purchase for me and I've been working my absolute a$$ off to be able to afford this truck and was stoked waiting for it and seeing the emails come through that i had a VIN and then it was built and then shipped and now find out that a lot of the stuff i chose to be built into it has been removed and is missing? just sucks.. and i was locked into that 2.9% rate but talking with the dealer if i order another one i can't get that rate and who knows how long it will be until its finished and i can't have a car any longer.. anyone else having these issues?
Sponsored

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew / 2020 Expedition MAX 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I ordered my F150 Lariat on Sept 17th. I just got the window sticker today. They removed the heated steering wheel, not happy but not a deal breaker, Advanced Security Package, and Autostart Stop. I am excited about the autostart stop being removed!!!

I would be a deal breaker if they removed the Trailer Tow, that is the main reason I purchased the truck was for the trailer tow package. The 360 degree camera was another must have package. I guess I could do without the camera but not the trailer tow

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Maybe start hunting around lots and seeing if there is something closer to what you ordered sitting on a dealer lot?

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
I would walk away from that truck and that dealer.

from what I recall in ordering there is some connection to the trailer tow package and the 360 cameras, cant have one without the other or some BS.
If they deleted the co-pilot, why bother buying a new truck?
I can live without the interior motion detector. but if my truck isnt what the sticker says, or what I asked for, I would keep shopping.

Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Those are some major deletes there. It would be a deal breaker for me.

With that said you have been waiting less than 3 months so that really is not a lot of time for the ordering game. Since you are in Ohio you are not that far from Granger Iowa. If you were paying anything close to MSRP you could reorder from Granger (High Volume) and either save a lot of money or get more for the same price. I do not know if you have to have it real quick but if you do not mind waiting (and saving) for another 5-6 months you will be able to get something better.

Tough call for you and it is a pity that it happened. Good luck.

Jaysonics

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0
Shame on Ford and your dealer for not informing you of those until now. I ended up with XM/Nav and AutoSS delete but those were fine with me and my dealer called to tell me and if I wanted to accept and move forward. Those are some pretty significant items you get by going with a Lariat vs lower trims. That would be hard to accept if it were me. Like others have said, start hunting online or see if your dealer will work with you and help you find something closer to your build. Good luck!

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Trailer tow is a big one. That means you're either 6000lbs or 7000lbs max towing depending on which engine you have. While I am sure the dealer will say how shocked they are, they are most likely the responsible party for no communication on this.

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
You should have been informed these items were being deleted. Several of these (the 360 cameras, the heated steering wheel, advanced security package, etc) are well known deletes that are happening a lot, plenty of reports about it on the forum here and dealers were all sent notices about it, so your dealer should have informed you. That said, these items are limited commodities, so you may not be able to find them elsewhere or by placing a new order.

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
So I ordered a new F150 Lariat back on 8/27 and got a call from the dealer that it will be here tomorrow. I was super excited until they started telling me that some of the packages have been removed from the truck when they were comparing what was on my order summary vs what's on my window sticker?

1 - I ordered the truck with the Trailer Tow Package which was removed...

2 - I ordered the 360 degree camera package which was also removed...

3- I ordered the Ford Co Pilot 360 assist 2.0 which I guess the assist part was removed because the truck won't have assisted cruise control now from what they are telling me?.. which I have assisted cruise control now on my 2015 Chrysler 200C and really liked it, so i definitely wanted that in my truck but won't have it now?

4- Advanced security package was removed? and from what I was reading on another forum on here that means the interior motion sensor has been removed so now if someone breaks into my car it won't go off?

5- Heated steering wheel removed - Which I've read is from all Ford trucks?

I'm just kind of bummed now. This truck is a big purchase for me and I've been working my absolute a$$ off to be able to afford this truck and was stoked waiting for it and seeing the emails come through that i had a VIN and then it was built and then shipped and now find out that a lot of the stuff i chose to be built into it has been removed and is missing? just sucks.. and i was locked into that 2.9% rate but talking with the dealer if i order another one i can't get that rate and who knows how long it will be until its finished and i can't have a car any longer.. anyone else having these issues?
Do you have a copy of your window sticker? I’m just assuming here, but if they were Ford deletes, it would say so and show a credit like the auto start/stop and a $50 credit and the advance security pack with a $50 credit. It sounds to me like the dealer screwed up. -OR- maybe they’re confusing your order with a stock order?

Edited to add: you would have to sign an acknowledgement agreeing to the deletes. I did and mine was only missing the auto start/stop. I also had to sign acknowledging that I was missing fender badges and they would be installed at a later date and I got a $50 credit.

Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Welcome to 2022. Might want to find a truck on the lot someplace that has what you want. Ford deletes stuff these days and they do not care what the customer ordered. I bailed on my ordered truck back in May, if finally was built in September and has been on chip hold since. It has several items removed and bogus credits applied by Ford, plus some features on the order were just changed outright from the original order. If I was still waiting on what I ordered, I would have been pissed. But now it just makes me happy I bit the bullet and bought a truck sans discount in May. I have everything I wanted.

MQZ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 F150 Raptor | 19 F150 XLT | 22 F150 Raptor
This was mentioned above. GM or SM... has access to VVR and commdoty restraint report and production issues every week. Order change requests are not done automatically by Ford unless its a published bulletin with dealer delete deadline submission otherwise Ford will delete per bulletin and make sure dealer is heavily informed and has time to either communicate to customer to agree to optional changes and submit change request or accept mandatory deletes. Ford will delay production of that order if changes that can or can not be accepted are not accepted. Dealer, based on your list, had some changes that should have run by you for agreement and others that should have been communicated as mandatory deletes had you not known otherwise. Another case of either incompetent employees with multiple levels of resources and access to your order to best keep you in the loop... yet fail to do so or they never had your interest in mind. All smoke coming out of their mouths most likely. I would question them as you have invested time and money into this purchase and they failed you.

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver
I ordered my F150 Lariat on Sept 17th. I just got the window sticker today. They removed the heated steering wheel, not happy but not a deal breaker, Advanced Security Package, and Autostart Stop. I am excited about the autostart stop being removed!!!

I would be a deal breaker if they removed the Trailer Tow, that is the main reason I purchased the truck was for the trailer tow package. The 360 degree camera was another must have package. I guess I could do without the camera but not the trailer tow
I'm going through some of the same issues as well. I think if we, what I mean by we being the F150 customers should hold on to our current vehicles for another year or two.

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
Just for what it’s worth maybe spec’ing a 9.75 standard axle versus the 9.75 HD will save you guys the broken axle bolt failure issue. I’d trust a classic run of the mill test of time 9.75 way more.

to get the standard 9.75 all you need to do is order a 3.73 gearset

the other stuff would tick me off tho, I’d love a heated wheel but I ordered a work truck so no luxuries for me!

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
Where is this 6k towing limit coming from without the tow package?
Sponsored