Sponsored

Window sticker missing several packages

Jc2430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang
After a very disappointing back and forth with a dealer over the Lightning and misinformation over the process and what info they could give me, I went ahead with a Lariat Powerboost order early Feb. I gave them the benefit of the doubt since most dealers didn't know much about what was going on and they agreed to X-Plan pricing, but now I see that was still an obvious mistake.

Ordered on the website Feb 6th, went in to the dealer next on the 7th to confirm the order. He went over everything I wanted and we printed out the spec sheet and gave me a copy of it. Signed and gave a copy of my drivers license.

Mid-March I decide to shoot him a message asking if there was a build date. He said yes, and it was scheduled to be built "late this month" (March). I ask for the VIN since I should be able track the order myself now, and he replies with "No VIN yet, they aren't available until well into the build." Obviously that isn't true, but this is the kind of misinformation I was given during the Lightning so I was used to it by this point, such as not being able to tell me how many orders they had, what my spot was, if there was a priority list, etc. Even when I linked to documents that were sent to dealers for the Lightning, still nothing.

Today I ask if the build date had changed for the Powerboost or if its still on track, and also linked to a Ford page that showed dealers should have the VIN and order number once it was scheduled and I could look up info there. He replies back with a VIN and order number finally.

I look it up, and holy shit. This isn't even my truck. Well it is, but it isn't what I ordered and what we printed off together. Looks like it was confirmed Feb 9th, two days after we sat down and went over it.

It has Co-Pilot 2.0 Assist, not Active that I ordered. (this was ordered in early Feb, should have been available.) So no Bluecruise and Active Park assist.
No Tow Package
No Bed Utility Package
No Continuously Controlled Damping

They did actually manage to get the 502A package, 7.2kw Pro Power Onboard, and interior work surface.

After a few texts back and forth, I'm basically told "it appears there was a big mix up with the ordering system, the Active 2.0 was unavailable, the tow package, CCD, and bed utility package were deleted in the mix up. We apologize and I know this isn't what you wanted to hear but we can re-order or you can have this cheaper truck"

What in the actual fuck. No wonder this truck was built quick, it doesn't have shit on it. I don't even know if this truck has the 360 camera on it at this point.

So I can re-order and get everything I want, with the exception of Bluecruise and park assist (which I believe are not even available as of mid-March?) with a $1,500 price increase (as of Feb 15th) and 4+ month wait.

How the hell does something like this happen? I'm guessing they have no incentive to make this right, since if I don't take delivery then not only do they not have to give it to me at X-Plan pricing, but they can also mark it up 10-15k over MSRP. Beyond frustrating experience.
Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
OP
OP

Jc2430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang
That sucks. :(

I'd suggest you reorder from Granger instead of your local dealer. You'll get a better price and experience. There are other options here that'll save you a little more, but Granger is the closest to you.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/3-under-invoice-2022-f-150-order-granger-ford.353/

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/4-under-invoice-on-new-orders-chapman-of-horsham.3737/

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...dge-ford-offering-up-to-5-below-invoice.5844/
Thanks, I’ve been considering ordering from Granger and may have to pull the trigger finally.

Does anyone know if there is a way to see if an order was modified after it was placed? I vaguely remember seeing that in a similar thread and someone’s order was actually modified after the original date. I have a call with the GM tomorrow with low expectations but curious if this is something that could be looked up and not just rely on the dealership.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
If your dora/order sheet doesn't match the trackers, then that's all on your dealer and I wouldn't trust them for anything going forward. My $.02.

MaybeF150

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
After a very disappointing back and forth with a dealer over the Lightning and misinformation over the process and what info they could give me, I went ahead with a Lariat Powerboost order early Feb. I gave them the benefit of the doubt since most dealers didn't know much about what was going on and they agreed to X-Plan pricing, but now I see that was still an obvious mistake.

Ordered on the website Feb 6th, went in to the dealer next on the 7th to confirm the order. He went over everything I wanted and we printed out the spec sheet and gave me a copy of it. Signed and gave a copy of my drivers license.

Mid-March I decide to shoot him a message asking if there was a build date. He said yes, and it was scheduled to be built "late this month" (March). I ask for the VIN since I should be able track the order myself now, and he replies with "No VIN yet, they aren't available until well into the build." Obviously that isn't true, but this is the kind of misinformation I was given during the Lightning so I was used to it by this point, such as not being able to tell me how many orders they had, what my spot was, if there was a priority list, etc. Even when I linked to documents that were sent to dealers for the Lightning, still nothing.

Today I ask if the build date had changed for the Powerboost or if its still on track, and also linked to a Ford page that showed dealers should have the VIN and order number once it was scheduled and I could look up info there. He replies back with a VIN and order number finally.

I look it up, and holy shit. This isn't even my truck. Well it is, but it isn't what I ordered and what we printed off together. Looks like it was confirmed Feb 9th, two days after we sat down and went over it.

It has Co-Pilot 2.0 Assist, not Active that I ordered. (this was ordered in early Feb, should have been available.) So no Bluecruise and Active Park assist.
No Tow Package
No Bed Utility Package
No Continuously Controlled Damping

They did actually manage to get the 502A package, 7.2kw Pro Power Onboard, and interior work surface.

After a few texts back and forth, I'm basically told "it appears there was a big mix up with the ordering system, the Active 2.0 was unavailable, the tow package, CCD, and bed utility package were deleted in the mix up. We apologize and I know this isn't what you wanted to hear but we can re-order or you can have this cheaper truck"

What in the actual fuck. No wonder this truck was built quick, it doesn't have shit on it. I don't even know if this truck has the 360 camera on it at this point.

So I can re-order and get everything I want, with the exception of Bluecruise and park assist (which I believe are not even available as of mid-March?) with a $1,500 price increase (as of Feb 15th) and 4+ month wait.

How the hell does something like this happen? I'm guessing they have no incentive to make this right, since if I don't take delivery then not only do they not have to give it to me at X-Plan pricing, but they can also mark it up 10-15k over MSRP. Beyond frustrating experience.

Im going through this exact same thing right now with my lariat... It doesn't have the tow package, 360 camera or the co pilot assist features and now if i buy something else my interest rate will be higher and the same truck now cost $6,600 more...

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jc2430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang
I ended up not taking delivery of the truck, it was missing everything including the 360 camera. Ended up buying a Model 3 Performance instead. The buying experience could not have been more of a polar opposite and extremely pleased 4 months in.

Also, this dealership ended up ordering another truck “for me” even after I told them I didn’t want to order another one. They left me a voicemail about a month or two ago asking if I’m still interested so I’m assuming they just used my ID to make another order. I didn’t bother calling them back and assume they just threw it straight on the lot to mark it up as they probably planned on doing to begin with.

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
I ended up not taking delivery of the truck, it was missing everything including the 360 camera. Ended up buying a Model 3 Performance instead. The buying experience could not have been more of a polar opposite and extremely pleased 4 months in.

Also, this dealership ended up ordering another truck “for me” even after I told them I didn’t want to order another one. They left me a voicemail about a month or two ago asking if I’m still interested so I’m assuming they just used my ID to make another order. I didn’t bother calling them back and assume they just threw it straight on the lot to mark it up as they probably planned on doing to begin with.
I would absolutely report that to Ford. That’s how dealers were trying get around the limitations on dealer stock orders. I’m glad you’re happy with your Tesla purchase, though. At the end of the day, I think that’s all we want.
Sponsored