First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Occupation
IT
Let’s hope they put features back in like zone lighting, trailer check and pro power. Taking things away that we use is not the way forward. I own a GM vehicle as well and their app is very nice only one complaint, no scheduled remote starting, at least they don’t take that away too!
Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
So is this update for Android only? I'm not seeing any update in the App Store for the iPhone version.
I didnt have to install anything. Showed up on its own.

Also a Try Beta button on current app.

Also a survey when i exit beta.

Everyone should be completing this so developers know they screwed up.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Let’s hope they put features back in like zone lighting, trailer check and pro power. Taking things away that we use is not the way forward. I own a GM vehicle as well and their app is very nice only one complaint, no scheduled remote starting, at least they don’t take that away too!
Agreed. Aren't updates usually to add features / benefits for the users?

This seems like a step backwards.

I'm still bent they took away the OnBoard scales and SmartHitch features on a previous update.
Ford should keep the current features and add stuff in like being able to roll down windows like FordPass does for the Mach E. Maybe they could add in being able to control the climate so when you start it up you could adjust the temp / air flow as needed.

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
My app appears to be the same as before, except for one small change. Some where along the way, the nickname I added/changed when I first downloaded in the app back in Feb of 2023, was deleted and now it just says "F-150".

Sponsored

OP
OP
HammaMan

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Yeah, agree on these points. The app should have more features than the version it replaced yet it's lacking quite a bit. Need remote generator control for PPOB, remote lighting control, remote climate settings would be nice, but not needed. The auto climate remote start setting is sufficient to swing it good-nuff. Everything on the gauge cluster should be viewable like total miles, vehicle status (off, fuel, MIL, etc), could even take it up a notch for parents including door openings vs seatbelt usage as well as speed/acceleration/braking narking (this is already built into the vehicle).

They also need to make vehicle changing just a solid swipe across the vehicle image which should be smaller in size (long swipe vs flick swipe). EV remote start should also be changed to "slide to start" like ICE is. EV remote start button is easy to unintentionally push.

But it does have a nice skin to it.
Look, your truck doesn't have the magic double set of mirrors! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: 780

Addabob64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Limited 900A
I just got the Ford beta via Apple TestFlight invite today for the 5.0 beta. In the invite message, they say it is beta and doesn't include all of the features from 4.0, but will be working to get things added back over time. And as others have said, I guess there is a button to revert back to V4 if/as desired. I have not yet received the Apple invite, but will install it when I do.

I found the old FP V4 version pretty lack luster anyway, and rarely use it for anything but remote locking from time to time when I forget if I hit the lock button when I walked away. The one feature I liked from early on was the Secure Alert that they took away. I am hoping that gets back in the development plan, but I doubt it will. I am not hopeful for great things with this, but will take one for the team to give it a go and provide Ford with feedback to help make it better. We will see how responsive they are to beta feedback I guess. My hope is that eventually they will figure out how to deliver software apps and get things together.

OP
OP
HammaMan

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
V4 with EVs sucks because when you enter the app, the buttons are further up but as the app gathers the SOC / range, the buttons magically jump down significantly to where if you're holding a function button to do something, suddenly the button jumps down and you then have to go back through the press-hold to activate whatever it is you wanted to do as it reminds you to press and hold, even though you were and the button moved.

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
Now supports dark theme (if default in phone) and is much better for EVs as it doesn't move buttons while it's trying to figure vehicle state of charge. It's now open beta. Some people update the app and it's there, some iphone users are reporting it not being there. I installed and rebooted the phone and it went into v5 native.

1711223626545-3g.png

1711223888508-e9.png
1711223866630-bs.png
Mines still the old version

Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Actually the new version blows. There is no service history. No tire pressure. No trailer light test. There is nothing but start and locks.

Horrible.
All of you who have tested V 5 and found it wanting have convinced me to leave well enough alone. I'll stick with my current Ford Pass version.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Fordpass 5.0 seems to be missing many features.
1. No Zone lighting
2. Missing Time since last parked.
3. Trailer checklist
4. Trailer light test
5. Service information with owner entry.
5 Maintenance guide
6. Warranty information
7.Vehicle health report settings
8. Oil life is nolonger updating. Just changed my oil on Thursday reset in Vehicle to 100% three days later Fordpass still says 30%

All in all 5.0 seems to be a dumbed down version leaving the owner in the dark about many things. The 4x version presented tiles that were easy to understand and click on. Now you need multiple clicks to drill down and find the same information. Why? lot's of wasted screen space for a sleek look with little upfront functionality.

I don't think secure alert will ever return. I think the dealer's made it perfectly clear to Ford that they don't want customers to monitor the vehicle while being serviced. This way they can continue to give you BS stories about working on your truck.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It's listed as "beta" in FordPass, on my Android.

I consider it as a sneak peek at what they are developing for the near future. From what I've read elsewhere, it's a total re-write on a new platform. The coding nerds seem to agree that it was the right decision for the future of the app, but they are still very critical of the UI. (aren't most UI designers going to be? It's in their artistic DNA 🤣)

On Android you can switch back and forth in seconds, without even relaunching the app. So that's convenient!

I use the beta every evening to set the charging target on the Mach-E. And it monitors the progress with a substantially quicker auto-refresh. I suspect that is one of the aspects that the coders were discussing about a it as being a superior software platform?

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
True, it's only 'beta" hopefully they will incorporate the missing features. The oil life monitor seems to be a connection problem with Ford servers, as the 4x app is nolonger updating as well.
I would have thought that the baseline beta would have at least carried forward all of the existing features. With new features to be added later. But given the there history, dropping the blue tooth control of the pro power, then secure alert with out mention. It would seem every update takes away from the app, instead of enhancing it. We know the technology is there we've seen it. Why move backwards?

Last edited:
Reactions: 780

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I got an email from the Early Access team on this a few days back. They invited me to be a ver 5 beta tester. The email had a link to sign up which took me to a survey. Also there was an agreement to share my comments only with Ford. They also made it clear that it’s a beta version so an unfinished product. I am supposed to be getting a link to install the software when it’s ready. I have an iPhone and haven’t got the link yet.
Sponsored