Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
sort of YES
i ordered mine straight from thinkware and got the
its a 4k camera bundle with rear and front camera

https://thinkwarestore.com/product/u1000-front-rear-dash-cam-bundle-w-radar-us/

for better value and the same cable is their adapter store, daisy chains on the obd port

https://thinkwarestore.com/product/echomaster-obd-ii-power-cable-us/

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
i did an install short write up on here somewhere
only issue i had was fishing wire to rear of truck through ceiling around the panoramic BIG glass window thing

there is also a harness made by another company that lets you tap the mirror pwr source if you dont want to use the obd port
not sure about how it operates
but the odb port pwrs up the dash cam when truck is on or running and lets the camera know somehow its parked???? there is more to it, i have just forgot most of it
both ways seem to work well from what i have read

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/think-ware-u1000-dashcam-bundle.11801/#post-244540

my original post

Last edited:

Static

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 - 2021 XL 4x4 Supercab
Looks like a Thinkware cam with an obd2 port adapter. Probably could get for quite a bit cheaper than from ford.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Reactions: sbi

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Pretty much a waste of money.

If your rearview has dimming get the Dongar adapter and an inexpensive dash cam and call it a day.
i have watched this guys video on dash cams numerous times
i have a 4k front camera and it reads license plates really well. mine displayed the license plate number that was reflected in a store window off a car that dinged my door.

he does bring up good points,

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
i have watched this guys video on dash cams numerous times
i have a 4k front camera and it reads license plates really well. mine displayed the license plate number that was reflected in a store window off a car that dinged my door.

he does bring up good points,
I had a 4K Rexing that unless it was mid-day you couldn't read plate numbers at all with. My current Galphi Q2 "1440P 60 FPS" camera on the other hand they are easily legible in any light level. Who knows..

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I had the dealer install that camera before I even took the truck off the lot.
Did not really care about the cost.
My 98 Chevrolet k1500 was totaled just 60 days earlier by a guy turning left from a thru lane and there were 2 left turn lanes.
I believe the only reason I got out with no ticket, is because one of the people in the left turn lane (who had stopped for a dead red signal after 8 other cars blew thru), waited for the police and explained what had happened.
I had no clue as to what happened.
All I know is the left turn traffic stopped and I was focused on those turning right in front of me. As I was watching those this guy came out of nowhere and I nailed him right between a 1-2 shift.

So—-cameras now
frame damage, spare tire carrier cable snapped, fuel pump snapped inside tank, AC damage, Air Intake damaged. Covid, police dept CLOSED. No police report available.
Truck was completely repaired and back in service before the other guys insurance contacted me, and my new truck showed up shortly after that.
Still have it, still use it.

Ford F-150 Ford Dash Cam and Harness A983B53F-706F-47DB-BBAC-70563DD18D5B

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
i got mine, just because people drive dumb and even a rough video is better than your memory when the insurance folks come a calling
these were setup pics
tunr up sound if you watch video and you understand the view more
and if you watch close you see the deer and the front of truck nose dive slightly on its own

Ford F-150 Ford Dash Cam and Harness dash cam screen shot (1)

Ford F-150 Ford Dash Cam and Harness dash cam screen shot (2)

Last edited:

Static

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 - 2021 XL 4x4 Supercab
I showed my dash cam footage to the insurance company after a driver ran a red light and hit my passenger side. Had the other driver told a different story, it would have just been his word against mine if I didn't have video proof. Police showed up and wouldn't even make a report, said they were only a 3rd party and to just contact insurance directly. Luckily the other driver was a stand up guy and made no attempt to lie about what happened, but I was very happy to have footage as a backup.

Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I showed my dash cam footage to the insurance company after a driver ran a red light and hit my passenger side. Had the other driver told a different story, it would have just been his word against mine if I didn't have video proof. Police showed up and wouldn't even make a report, said they were only a 3rd party and to just contact insurance directly. Luckily the other driver was a stand up guy and made no attempt to lie about what happened, but I was very happy to have footage as a backup.
In my limited experience (only 1 accident and it wasn't my fault), the police are there to basically write a police report for you to use for insurance purposes and to make sure everyone is basically OK (as long as it's not a super serious accident involving drunk driving, etc.)

In my experience (this was in an old minivan we had), I was driving in the left hand side of a double left hand turn lane and the person in the right lane of the double left hand turn lane, with their blinker on, switched to my lane and side swiped us. To her, it wasn't her fault because "I was signaling" and I should have known that the signal meant that she was changing lanes, not just turning left: 🤦‍♂️

She even tried to say "he was speeding" (no one was in my lane, so yes, I was going faster than her)...to which the cop said "Doesn't matter if he was going 100, you left your lane and hit him, it's your fault".

I do wish I had a cam then to show it, but ultimately her brother showed up, told me not to worry about it and to basically send him the bill for the repair.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I have a Thinkware P200 I picked up from Canadian Tire, on sale for $199.00 - regular $299.00. Front and rear cameras with GPS and memory card complete. I ran the power wires under the head liner and down the A pillar to the passengers side fuse block for power. Very happy with the quality and ease of use.

OP
OP
OneFiddy

OneFiddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB BAP
I ended up with this dash cam (front & rear) BlackVue DR590X-2CH Full HD Dash Cam. Has built in parking mode (monitors voltage to not drain the battery) wired into the BCM fuse panel near the passenger footwell. Also wifi so transfer clips is really simple with the app.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Pretty much a waste of money.

If your rearview has dimming get the Dongar adapter and an inexpensive dash cam and call it a day.
+1.

Got this adapter, bought a 2-channel Viofo (which I bet is equal or better quality than the "Ford" cam) and run a cable front to rear above the ceiling. This was the hardest part but saved tons of money. There is nothing special in the Ford camera, they trick you to believe it's better with the pics of all the harneses and cables. The Dongar adapter is a much less intrusive installation.
Sponsored