Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Hi all,

I am looking to purchase a front/rear dash cam combo for my 2021 XLT SCREW PB. This will be a two cam set up with the rear cam mounted to the rear window. The cams I am looking at do not have displays but rely on either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi for viewing video.

I use wireless CarPlay which uses a combo of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. What I don’t want is for the dash cam to interfere with the trucks systems and CarPlay. So, anyone out there have a setup that works well and does not cost more the$250?

Thanks, Mosey.
Sponsored

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
No, they won’t interfere. I would recommend you go to Blackboxmycar And Research dash cams.

OP
OP
Mosey

Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Thanks, I’ll check that site out. I was looking at Ford‘s OEM solution but it looks like it is not compatible with the powerboost.

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
Highly recommend the VIOFO A129 Pro Duo Dash Cam 4K.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I'm not sure how Carplay operates, but if it's like wireless Android Auto, it'll be a huge PITA to connect to the camera via WiFi to view reviews video. My Android phone does not want to disconnect from Sync. Even when I connected to my dashcam WiFi, it wanted to disconnect and then rejoin Sync's WiFi network...

Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I use a blackvue dr900x and I love it. I have no issues signing into it to view my videos. I only sign in when I want to see a video. It connects by wifi. It has its own network. I use wired android auto.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
As others have said, no they won't interfere. However if you are trying to view recorded vids, your phone will likely jump WiFi from the camera back to the truck for wireless Carplay even when you are using it on the camera. To stop it from doing that you will need to go into the phone settings and shut off auto join when you want to connect to the cameras. Then turn the auto-join for the truck's carplay connection back on.

OP
OP
Mosey

Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
As others have said, no they won't interfere. However if you are trying to view recorded vids, your phone will likely jump WiFi from the camera back to the truck for wireless Carplay even when you are using it on the camera. To stop it from doing that you will need to go into the phone settings and shut off auto join when you want to connect to the cameras. Then turn the auto-join for the truck's carplay connection back on.
The jumping back to the truck‘s Wi-Fi is my concern.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
You can either not use wireless android/carplay or tell the phone to not auto connect when in range.

LeadFoot-Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Hi all,

I am looking to purchase a front/rear dash cam combo for my 2021 XLT SCREW PB. This will be a two cam set up with the rear cam mounted to the rear window. The cams I am looking at do not have displays but rely on either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi for viewing video.

I use wireless CarPlay which uses a combo of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. What I don’t want is for the dash cam to interfere with the trucks systems and CarPlay. So, anyone out there have a setup that works well and does not cost more the$250?

Thanks, Mosey.
Hi I ordered fords front rear combo with obd connector was told it won’t interfere with powerboost

Sponsored

mla_anderson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Has anyone found a camera that uses the truck's WiFi? It seems silly to have WiFi available all the time and not have the camera use it.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
i have thinkware U1000 front and rear set up
getting it to WIFI to the phone is at times a pita. you have to make sure truck wifi is OFF

but once all the settings are done, you leave truck wifi on and thinkware camera wifi on and it auto connects to internet to talk to thinkware account
or you can remove the memory chip and watch video
i have mine set to NOT talk to me,, except at first start when it verify s its up and running
i used the odb dongle sold at thinkware to power the system so it knows when truck is running, moving etc
they also make a dongle that plugs into your rear view mirror power if you have that
research is your friend repeat.
i dont use AA or apple car play so i have no input on the interference.
i can say it does not intefer with trucks wifi talking to my phone
mine works for me
Sponsored

Last edited: