Sponsored

For F$&#$ sakes

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
How a gloss black grille would hold up to bugs and stone chips is one of my concerns as well. Have to probably PPF it, at least the large surfaces. Not sure if this is the grille you were talking about but I have always wondered if Ford would offer the lower bumper grille as a Ford Performance part. That would look good with a BAP/Tremor grille. Now if us standard hood guys could get the BAP/Tremor grille to work with our hoods that would give me another option. Unfortunately as long as the hood release notch is at the top of those grilles, I will have to keep figuring out what to do with the Lariat Sport grille.

2022-Ford-F-150-Street-Performance-Concept-SEMA-2021-Live-Photos-Exterior-001-front-end-Black-...jpg
Cruise radar can't see out of that

thanks for clearing that up. so its an OEM grill essentially modified. If it has clear, that would be awesome. not having it scares me haha.
but let me get this straight...the painted parts on that ebay grill (our lariat grills) pop off?! so if i felt froggy i could just pop it off myself and paint it?!
It's just painted, not modified. Yes, the top and bottom U shaped areas come out, as does the center 2 bars.
Sponsored

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
I bet it looked something like this.

C9E1A8D3-E39D-426D-A1E4-FE08A48466CD.jpeg

This is a non-BAP with a BAP grille. They are compatible from a fitment standpoint, but not from a design standpoint as can be seen by the large hood latch notch in the grille which would normally be covered by the bull-nose BAP hood (and Tremor hood).
@DK4 Did you leave the BAP grille on your truck? Did you leave the hood latch notch exposed or did you do anything to try and fill/cover it?

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
@DK4 Did you leave the BAP grille on your truck? Did you leave the hood latch notch exposed or did you do anything to try and fill/cover it?
Also would like to see a pic with the missing bumper trim piece installed...

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Also would like to see a pic with the missing bumper trim piece installed...
That’s not my truck guys. I have a BAP so mine already has the bull nose hood that covers the notch.

Here is another pic from the other forum where a gentleman installed a Tremor/BAP grille on a non Tremor/BAP truck.

Ford F-150 For F$&#$ sakes DDB81BB5-6AB2-411F-9DC6-34DF1BFC1BD6

It doesn’t look terrible, but leaving that notch would be a dealbreaker for me personally. I’d have to find a bull nose hood, or somehow figure out a way to fill in that notch on the grille and make it look factory.

Sponsored

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That’s not my truck guys. I have a BAP so mine already has the bull nose hood that covers the notch.

Here is another pic from the other forum where a gentleman installed a Tremor/BAP grille on a non Tremor/BAP truck.

DDB81BB5-6AB2-411F-9DC6-34DF1BFC1BD6.jpeg

It doesn’t look terrible, but leaving that notch would be a dealbreaker for me personally. I’d have to find a bull nose hood, or somehow figure out a way to fill in that notch on the grille and make it look factory.
I agree that the notch makes it a no-go for me unless there is a way to fill or cover the notch.

Reactions: DK4

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pardon the awful renderings but I was just messing around trying to see if it was possible to make the Lariat grille look better (anything would be better than the OEM grille). Anyway, I think it's the small vertical bars that make it way too busy and if they could be removed would clean it up a little. Adding plastic mesh similar to what is on the STX grille is what would look best in my opinion or even the plastic mesh on the BAP/Tremor grille.

Ford F-150 For F$&#$ sakes Lariat Grille 1

Ford F-150 For F$&#$ sakes Lariat Grille 2

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Pardon the awful renderings but I was just messing around trying to see if it was possible to make the Lariat grille look better (anything would be better than the OEM grille). Anyway, I think it's the small vertical bars that make it way too busy and if they could be removed would clean it up a little. Adding plastic mesh similar to what is on the STX grille is what would look best in my opinion or even the plastic mesh on the BAP/Tremor grille.

Lariat Grille 1.jpg

Lariat Grille 2.jpg
No pardons necessary, and thanks for doing this! Your second rendering with the mesh looks awesome and is exactly what we need! I bet on the truck it would look at least as good as the BAP/Tremor grille if not better. I agree that the silly little vertical pieces on the stock grille are the issue. I actually ordered the inserts from the eBay link below but decided to return them; they didn't look so great in person. We really need somebody to make a nice mesh kit to replace the vertical pieces in our grilles...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3847754399...uid=MWKRHw97Tl-&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The problem is there's no easy or clean way to remove those vertical bars. If so they would have been gone a long time ago. If only the BAP/Tremor grille didn't have that notch for the hood latch.
Sponsored