Sponsored

Twin panel moonroof changed for 2021 F-150?

bam2880

First Name
brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150
Does anyone know if they changed anything about the moonroof on the 21 model compared to the 15-20s?
Sponsored

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
I loved my roof on my '18 XLT sport, and fortunately had no issues with it. With the shade open it was often a bit too noisy to take a call, but simply shutting the shade did the trick. I did start to notice a squeak noise when it would close... sadly, it was totaled a few days later so I never even had a chance to try to correct it.

I now have the '21 in the same trim. The only noticeable difference in the roof operation is that the shade seems to open a bit faster (could totally just be in my head lol) and the noise is significantly dampened with the shade open. The noise level between having the shade open and closed is barely noticeable. I can't say the same for the temperature, but I suppose that's the point.... ?

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
I had my 18 and opened the sunroof every single day with zero issues!!! I will never get any vehicle without a sunroof!!!!

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
I had my 18 and opened the sunroof every single day with zero issues!!! I will never get any vehicle without a sunroof!!!!
Did you ever do any prev maintenance on your sunroof?

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
Did you ever do any prev maintenance on your sunroof?
every time I washed my truck, I would open the sunroof and clean and lube the rubber strip, also wipe down the the inside of the frame where the sunroof sits. You also have to put the roof in vent mode and wipe down that strip area too---only takes a few minutes to do all of that!
Sponsored