First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
01 GMC 1500, 93 Mustang LX SSP
Occupation
Product Marketing
After waiting 9 months 3 of which were in transit my 22 lariat black pack shows up and it’s got the wrong hood🤦🏻
WTF?!?!?!?! How the hell could they mess that up?

OP
OP

LeadFoot-Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Not sure,,it has the regular f150 hood which doesn’t blend in with the grill,I’m not taking it till they fix it and even then I’m not sure

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
"Funny" (well not really, just reminds me) - my family went on a tour at the BMW plant in Greer SC. The guide's main 'wow'/impressive point throughout the tour was how the right doors, that were separated after the paint process and went one direction, all met their correct chassis that went a different direction and that not a single BMW vehicle ever left the factor with wrong color doors.
My family still joke about this.

I am sorry to hear this @OP, this is major B.S. on Ford's part.

jaggah

First Name
Joban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Powerboost
Pics?

Sponsored

OP
OP

LeadFoot-Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Sorry didn’t take picks wasn’t impressed,not sure how this happens cause every part of a car is sequenced in the order of there builds.and all body panels are attached to the vehicle through out the build until paint

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
The BAP package has the Tremor style hood with the vents and a straight front edge. The regular hood has a "2 level" hood, lower section in the grill area. I do not know how it could even close at all without breaking the grill. Dang.

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I bet it looked something like this.

Ford F-150 For F$&#$ sakes C9E1A8D3-E39D-426D-A1E4-FE08A48466CD

This is a non-BAP with a BAP grille. They are compatible from a fitment standpoint, but not from a design standpoint as can be seen by the large hood latch notch in the grille which would normally be covered by the bull-nose BAP hood (and Tremor hood).

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Sorry didn’t take picks wasn’t impressed,not sure how this happens cause every part of a car is sequenced in the order of there builds.and all body panels are attached to the vehicle through out the build until paint
Are you positive it was a BAP? It definitely has the solid gloss black wheels?

That really sucks. Not sure how that even happens.

How long did it sit at the dealer after it arrived? I would have looked to see if there were any signs of foul play (like hood being removed and replaced after dropped off at dealer).

OP
OP

LeadFoot-Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
It just arrived today,and I ordered it with bap,and that’s what it looks like..and what sucks more is it’s a long weekend here in Canada as well as the USA Plus all ford plants are on summer break for 2 weeks so by the time they build and paint a replacement hood it will September at which point they can keep it

Sponsored

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
It just arrived today,and I ordered it with bap,and that’s what it looks like..and what sucks more is it’s a long weekend here in Canada as well as the USA Plus all ford plants are on summer break for 2 weeks so by the time they build and paint a replacement hood it will September at which point they can keep it
Do you have your window sticker or VIN?

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
The plants are off 1 week not 2, but thar has no bearing on a replacement hood. Those do not come off the line.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Sorry to hear that, man. That's a long wait to get something that is not right. I sure hope they can remedy this to your liking.

My SCREW with BAP is supposed to be built the week of 7/18. I'll be none too happy if it shows up like yours did.

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
I bet it looked something like this.

C9E1A8D3-E39D-426D-A1E4-FE08A48466CD.jpeg

This is a non-BAP with a BAP grille. They are compatible from a fitment standpoint, but not from a design standpoint as can be seen by the large hood latch notch in the grille which would normally be covered by the bull-nose BAP hood (and Tremor hood).
This is non-related to the OP, but this picture is what I have been waiting to see since I was thinking about swapping my Lariat grille for a BAP grille. I assumed everything would line up but didn't know about the hood latch opening so thanks for clarifying that.
Sponsored