Sponsored

Service / repair manual for the 2021 F-150?

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
Typically some online sites will sell the PDFs for a few bucks. I’ve never bought them because usually I can find enough snapshots through googling whatever I am trying to do with my vehicles. With this truck being so new I imagine there will not be as much information out there initially. I’m the kind of guy that will watch YouTube videos on how to perform my own service on a vehicle, but also verify with the actual OEM service manual instead of relying entirely on you tubers opinions and occasionally incorrect methods. I’ve never bought a new vehicle before and with the cost of this truck it seems justifiable to spend a few bucks on the actual repair/service manual.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TruckGuy2020

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
Bump: has anyone been able to find the repair manual? The owners manual is impressively useless. Even for a simple oil change it doesn’t even include drain plug torque specs. The owners manual lists several routine maintenance requirements but there are no subsequent pages with instructions or diagrams.

I’ve looked at some popular online repair manual websites but I haven’t been able to locate anyone selling one for the 2021s yet. Has anyone left had any more luck than me? Will my dealer be able to sell me one?

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Ford's factory service manuals are obtained through a company called Helm Inc. I don't know if the 2021 versions are available yet, but I would start there. See attached screen shot of their purchase page.

Ford F-150 Service / repair manual for the 2021 F-150? Screenshot_20210131-090102_Samsung Internet

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Bump: has anyone been able to find the repair manual? The owners manual is impressively useless. Even for a simple oil change it doesn’t even include drain plug torque specs. The owners manual lists several routine maintenance requirements but there are no subsequent pages with instructions or diagrams.

I’ve looked at some popular online repair manual websites but I haven’t been able to locate anyone selling one for the 2021s yet. Has anyone left had any more luck than me? Will my dealer be able to sell me one?
impressively useless”

I would concur, lol.

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Typically some online sites will sell the PDFs for a few bucks. I’ve never bought them because usually I can find enough snapshots through googling whatever I am trying to do with my vehicles. With this truck being so new I imagine there will not be as much information out there initially. I’m the kind of guy that will watch YouTube videos on how to perform my own service on a vehicle, but also verify with the actual OEM service manual instead of relying entirely on you tubers opinions and occasionally incorrect methods. I’ve never bought a new vehicle before and with the cost of this truck it seems justifiable to spend a few bucks on the actual repair/service manual.
Have you tried AllDatadiy.com. There have a very extensive set of repair procedures, wiring diagrams, and troubleshooting procedures. I would give them 6 months and check them out. I pay about 23.00 for each vehicle.

Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Helm is the company that publishes a lot of this data for the OEMs. I found what I believe will be the service manual for $186 for the CD-ROM. Not sure if that is really what we are looking for or not, and it isn't available yet. I tried copying the link but it wasn't working, and when I hit the link it wasn't going back to this info, so here is a screen shot:

Ford F-150 Service / repair manual for the 2021 F-150? 1612109769553

I bought the actual printed books from Helm way back in 2001 for a previous new truck, and it was 5-6 volumes that were 2-3 inches thick and it was printed on the thinnest paper I had every seen. It was around $125 at the time, and worth it. Since then I have bought a DVD-ROM that had the service manual for every GM vehicle from 1965 - 2010, and it was the same information as my paper back books, but much better due to the search features, and the fact that I used it for 3 different GM cars in my fleet. That thing cost maybe $25 and was likely not from a legitimate source.

OP
OP
TruckGuy2020

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
Ford's factory service manuals are obtained through a company called Helm Inc. I don't know if the 2021 versions are available yet, but I would start there. See attached screen shot of their purchase page.

Screenshot_20210131-090102_Samsung Internet.jpg
that explains why I cannot find it, looks like I may need to be patient and wait for Ford to release it. I’m hoping soon for my first oil change.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
that explains why I cannot find it, looks like I may need to be patient and wait for Ford to release it. I’m hoping soon for my first oil change.
Shouldn't need it for an oil change, but I get wanting the data. Depending on if your drain pan is metal or plastic there may not be a torque for the drain bolt. The plastic ones have a weird drain plug that is removed / installed by hand without tools. If you have a metal pan then the drain plug would likely have a torque spec of between 20 - 30 Ft-Lb based on my other vehicles, and I have even seen torque for the filter at 9-12 ft-lb which to me was a little tighter than hand tight, probably half a turn past hand tight, which I wouldn't recommend since these filters are not in an easy place to get to, so I would be afraid if you go more than hand tight it will be a PITA to get off the next time. Now when I say hand tight, I'm cranking it as hard as I can with my bare hand, so YMMV.

aika1

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
'21 F-150, '08 4Runner, '66 LeMans, '21 CanAm X3
Occupation
sales idiot
Has anyone picked one of these up yet? And if so, is it a searchable .PDF or do you need the damned CD running to use the catalog? Meaning can you download the .PDF and use it on a Mac or other computer after pulling it off the CD?

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
I've had a hard copy on order for almost a month now from Helminc. Backordered

Sponsored

markt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I've had a hard copy on order for almost a month now from Helminc. Backordered
Unfortunately there is no paper copy of the Service Manual available.. I bought the CD and it doesn't work on Win10. Tried 2 copies thinking the first one was defective. After not being able to use the second disc either, Helm said the CD does not work with Win10. Hard to believe Ford/Helm are that bass ackwards.

So I purchased from factory-manuals. Got full PDF Service Manual + wiring diagrams.

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
I did receive my hard copy of the owner's manual from Helminc. It was about a 2 month wait but I did get it and it was worth the wait.

markt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I did receive my hard copy of the owner's manual from Helminc. It was about a 2 month wait but I did get it and it was worth the wait.
They do indeed have a paper copy of the Owners Manual. TruckGuy2020's post is in reference to a Service Manual. The Service Manual is nearly 19,000 pages (with the wiring diagrams).

Last edited: