Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
Just got this email From OTA Escalation Dept

Subject: Ford OTA 1.7.1 - CAS-3580XXX-W8XXX

Good afternoon,

The Ford engineers have advised that a fix for your Ford Power-Up failure for 1.7.1 has been released. Please make an appointment with your dealership, referencing TSB 22-2117. They will know where to find this information.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

For any separate concerns, please contact our Customer Relationship Center:
Ford US - 800-392-3673
Contact Us | Ford® Customer Service, Help & Live Chat | Ford.com
Sponsored

blackhawkrider

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F-150 PowerBoost
Just got this email From OTA Escalation Dept

Subject: Ford OTA 1.7.1 - CAS-3580XXX-W8XXX

Good afternoon,

The Ford engineers have advised that a fix for your Ford Power-Up failure for 1.7.1 has been released. Please make an appointment with your dealership, referencing TSB 22-2117. They will know where to find this information.

Ford US - 800-392-3673
Contact Us | Ford® Customer Service, Help & Live Chat | Ford.com
Attachment is from the mach e forums. Is this what folks are doing themselves with the 2 day license from FDRS?

Attachments

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Received the same email.. See attached associated TSB

Good afternoon,

Ford US - 800-392-3673
Contact Us | Ford Ford F-150 Finally!! a dealer fix for OTA Power-Up 1.7.1  -- TSB 22-2117 {filename} Customer Service, Help & Live Chat | Ford.com

Regards,

Attachments

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
The procedure detailed in the TSB is different than what people are doing on their own with FDRS. Reviewing it though, it may make for an easier time for those trying to do the work on their own having this procedure.

blackhawkrider

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F-150 PowerBoost
The procedure detailed in the TSB is different than what people are doing on their own with FDRS. Reviewing it though, it may make for an easier time for those trying to do the work on their own having this procedure.
Thanks. I made an appointment with the local dealer and he said it should take half a day. That seems pretty quick from what I've seen with users doing this update themselves. I'm interested to see how long it actually takes for the dealer to complete and if there will be similar variations that members have already experienced when doing themselves.

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
This is only updating one or two modules, APIM and/or TCU. Those that have been updating on our own were updating everything. The APIM at least doesn't take too long once it starts up, I haven't had to update my TCU, but I don't think that would take too long either. It would be interesting to know what the initial process does that fixes updates.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT
So likely this update just gets past the stuck 1.7.1 and then they plan on OTA picking back up from there it would seem. If it does, then truly they've done what they have to to get things working again. Another couple of weeks and many more downloads most should start to get caught back up.

I hope they've learned from what ever caused the 1.7.1 fiasco. Having to touch several hundred thousand or more vehicles will get costly. I would think Farley has one goal right now and that would be to raid Tesla of some of their brain trust for OTA updates.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It's not like Tesla didn't have a few hiccups along the way of becoming an automobile/software company.

I'm not dissing them, but it's easy to be an early adopter for Ford OTA and then prop up Tesla with a bit of revisionist history.

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport 2.7 SCREW
Finally! Just reached out to my dealer, luckily I had an appt tomorrow to replace the front air damn so asked if he could address the TSB. Said he should be able to get it all done in a day! Will follow up with ya'll tomorrow.

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
I have my appointment setup for tomorrow. For some reason I don’t have faith that this will work but fingers crossed

Sponsored

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
How can you tell what version you are on? I've had my truck since Sept and I don't believe I've received any OTA updates, of course I'm still waiting on my check engine light "parts" to come in from December, when I checked a couple of weeks ago, they said they were still waiting on one item.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What Sync version does your truck say it has?
For example, this is the most current :
(released in the last few days in order to enable Bluecruise for Job1 2021)

Ford F-150 Finally!! a dealer fix for OTA Power-Up 1.7.1  -- TSB 22-2117 20220320_201702

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine says rev 244 - is there a way to upgrade it?
I show 244 as 2 updates before the current.

And there's a fair amount of other modules that need updates before the APIM updates are applied. In other words, you can't just update the APIM module from 244 to 364

Your choices are to wait on FORD to apply all the updates OTA, or do them yourself with an FDRS license and appropriate ODB device.
Sponsored