First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2024 Escape Platinum
Occupation
Instructional Designer
Thats great news. I'm a month older than yours and stuck on 1.7.1. So Ford replaced your APIM last month and now you are getting OTAs again. Was that it, or did you also do some FDRS updates as well?
Hopefully the dealer fix for 1.7.1 will allow OTAs to resume. If not, I'm seeing a Mongoose in my future.
Yes, three weeks ago I got an OTA. However, they updated everything using FDRS after installing APIM. My first OTA was 2.4.0, then 2.4.3, and lastly 2.4.4.
Sponsored

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport 2.7 SCREW
Dropped mine off for this fix yesterday and they realized they needed to order the cable from Ford as well. Anyone setting up times for this should probably make sure the dealership has the cable or you're just wasting your time and theirs.
Dealer just reached out today stating they have the wire coming today, should have it update tomorrow ??.

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES
Waiting on cable at dealer.............................................

airwolf1999

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4
Occupation
LW
Waiting on dealer to get cable. Ford said we should receive letters for recall per OTA team.

Sponsored

Soccergk2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Dealer just reached out today stating they have the wire coming today, should have it update tomorrow ??.
Glad to hear the cables are at least showing up quickly. My dealer said they expected to have it in before the end of the week.

ChiefD

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
Mine is going in today for the fix. Dealer called yesterday and said they had the cable. Hopefully it works and they fix the running boards that have been stuck out since they worked on it las week.

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Watching" them on the Fordpass Widget, front door has been open for about 45min.
I'm assuming they have the wire and are activley wokring on the truck. Will report back when I see that Sync has updated or get a text from the dealer.

Timuh60

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Safety Manager
After reading this I went out and checked my sync4. My software version and revision are blank. Try and check updates and it says it is up to date. It will not let me turn on the automatic update toggle. I have never received an OTA that I am aware of. Mine was a 3/21 build and I purchase 10/21.

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
After reading this I went out and checked my sync4. My software version and revision are blank. Try and check updates and it says it is up to date. It will not let me turn on the automatic update toggle. I have never received an OTA that I am aware of. Mine was a 3/21 build and I purchase 10/21.
Welcome to the club. Several of us Job 1 people are eagerly awaiting success stories from the dealer fix, including reports of OTAs restarting after the dealer fix.

Outside of the dealer fix, the options are:
1. Do nothing and hope for a future fix.
2. Update your software yourself via FDRS and a MongoosePro device (Most expensive route, but fewer issues)
3. Update your software yourself via FDRS and a Nano device (Saves you about $400 over option #2, but there are more issues reported especially on the Cruise Control Module CCM and network scanning).

I'm sitting tight right now as I do not "need" my BlueCruise until my trip in June. Hopefully we will start seeing success stories from the dealer fix later this week. Otherwise, I'm either looking for a used Mongoose or may even try to get as far as I can with the Nano and hope that lets OTAs take over and get me across the BlueCruise finish line.

Sponsored

Timuh60

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Safety Manager
Welcome to the club. Several of us Job 1 people are eagerly awaiting success stories from the dealer fix, including reports of OTAs restarting after the dealer fix.

Outside of the dealer fix, the options are:
1. Do nothing and hope for a future fix.
2. Update your software yourself via FDRS and a MongoosePro device (Most expensive route, but fewer issues)
3. Update your software yourself via FDRS and a Nano device (Saves you about $400 over option #2, but there are more issues reported especially on the Cruise Control Module CCM and network scanning).

I'm sitting tight right now as I do not "need" my BlueCruise until my trip in June. Hopefully we will start seeing success stories from the dealer fix later this week. Otherwise, I'm either looking for a used Mongoose or may even try to get as far as I can with the Nano and hope that lets OTAs take over and get me across the BlueCruise finish line.
Thanks! Its nice to be included! I will be taking option 1. I don't "need" blue cruise either but I did own a Cadillac CT6 with supercruise and that is the only thing I miss about that car. That and the OTA updates were the reasons I traded in my 17' King Ranch and neither are working. :( I have it going to service later today and I will see if they can do anything with that and a few other issues. The good news is all of our Bluecruises will work by Thursday! At least isn't that what the CEO said?

RyanStroeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost - Leadfoot
Thanks! Its nice to be included! I will be taking option 1. I don't "need" blue cruise either but I did own a Cadillac CT6 with supercruise and that is the only thing I miss about that car. That and the OTA updates were the reasons I traded in my 17' King Ranch and neither are working. :( I have it going to service later today and I will see if they can do anything with that and a few other issues. The good news is all of our Bluecruises will work by Thursday! At least isn't that what the CEO said?
Link?

mhoffman54

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT (302A), 2016 Harley Davidson Sports
Occupation
Car Sales Consultant
Dealer fixed mine last week. Had zero cellular connectivity since 1.7.1 was downloaded back in November. The Ford TSB has it listed as a 2.6 hour job. I watched my tech (I work at the dealership, so I pass through service quite often) perform the work. He had to remove the entire center console, temperature controls, and touch screen to access the GWM behind the APIM. A half day sounds reasonable.

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok , just got off the phone with the dealer. Update was "successful" but I havent seen it in person yet. Service notes state that the TSB was performed and the module was updated. Not sure if they pushed through any of the other updates like they were supposed to but hey if the OTAs now work I can be a little more patient I suppose. Will have the truck back around 4p and will follow up with pictures of SYNC version when/if visable! Hold tight fam, the end may be near.