Sponsored

TrevTitan45

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat CC PowerBoost FX4
Just wanted to share the update I got from my dealer last night. The regional manager told the dealership that Ford is working on fixing all outstanding recalls before having the trucks delivered to the dealerships. He is hoping to provide a new ETA by the end of this week.

Hoping to hear back soon with good news.

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Just wanted to share the update I got from my dealer last night. The regional manager told the dealership that Ford is working on fixing all outstanding recalls before having the trucks delivered to the dealerships. He is hoping to provide a new ETA by the end of this week.

That kind of makes sense. There sure seems to be a lot of trucks built at the end of January and in February that are stuck in production. The storage lot must be getting full.

Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
That kind of makes sense. There sure seems to be a lot of trucks built at the end of January and in February that are stuck in production. The storage lot must be getting full.
When this happens they get driven around more on winter salt roads, make sure you check underneath it for rust before you accept your truck. They are highly not to do anything about it after you accept it.

A little clean up and some spray paint goes along way in rust prevention if you don't live in the North.

Timsvtgen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Bronco Spt BL , '21 Tremor Ordered
My orig order date was 9/23 for my loaded Plat cc 5.0 4x4 with everything but the max recline. Build week was moved three times. Just updated to 3/29. Getting anxious is an understatement.

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
My orig order date was 9/23 for my loaded Plat cc 5.0 4x4 with everything but the max recline. Build week was moved three times. Just updated to 3/29. Getting anxious is an understatement.
I’m sorry guy. That is a huge setback. You have to wonder how orders after you are getting priority. I ordered in September as well and it is supposedly built but these latest constraints are impacting me as well. It is a long wait for sure.

Timsvtgen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Bronco Spt BL , '21 Tremor Ordered
I’m sorry guy. That is a huge setback. You have to wonder how orders after you are getting priority. I ordered in September as well and it is supposedly built but these latest constraints are impacting me as well. It is a long wait for sure.
Thanks and Yeah, I guess it's the fact I picked options that all included either late availability and or were major constraint items. At the advice of my dealer, I dropped the max recline seats and the order was accepted. Before that , it was the 3.73 locking axle , the tonneau cover and spray in Liner. Originally though, it was the interior work surface. Whew.

Whtmale49

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Courier

Where are you from? What dealership did you purchase from?

Sponsored

Djlee1592

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic
Got this from Pioneer74 over in another area and thought it could help some here, not my usual source since I have received my truck. Looking like some supply disruption again

The following items may result in a delayed build.:

(96W) Spray-in Load Box Bedliner – 4-6 week additional delay
(96L) (B5EAB)Wheel Well Liner – 4-6 weeks additional delay
(53C) (C1CAP) Max Trailer Tow – 4-6 weeks additional delay
(18S) (BLBBS) 6” ext accent running boards – 4-6 weeks additional delay - XLT or Lariat Sport extended boards.
Tonneau covers 4-6 weeks additional delay
Hey Bob. I ordered my truck last month. On the 22nd. I don't have a build date or anything yet. If I take the spray in liner and wheel liner off my order, will that help move me up the line? Or is it too late. I think the line x is better anyway.

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
Hey Bob. I ordered my truck last month. On the 22nd. I don't have a build date or anything yet. If I take the spray in liner and wheel liner off my order, will that help move me up the line? Or is it too late. I think the line x is better anyway.
Pioneer says you cannot change order I've been waiting since 11/11/2020 I ordered the wheel well liners also.
Was due in San Antonio on 2/22/2021 now 3/8/2021 it has been built since 1/28/2021 sitting in Deerborn. Last week was crazy weather here in Texas anyway
I wish you good luck with your ordered truck.
I can't wait till I get mine.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Can't hurt, like you said, Line-X is probably as good or better and they have life time warranty vs Fords 36 month. Your dealer should be able to tell you if they would be able to changed it at this late in the stage or not.

They will most certainly hold you up.