First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Internet Admin
Got this from Pioneer74 over in another area and thought it could help some here, not my usual source since I have received my truck. Looking like some supply disruption again

The following items may result in a delayed build.:

(96W) Spray-in Load Box Bedliner – 4-6 week additional delay
(96L) (B5EAB)Wheel Well Liner – 4-6 weeks additional delay
(53C) (C1CAP) Max Trailer Tow – 4-6 weeks additional delay
(18S) (BLBBS) 6” ext accent running boards – 4-6 weeks additional delay - XLT or Lariat Sport extended boards.
Tonneau covers 4-6 weeks additional delay
If its not one thing its another.
Foed is tacking a beating so far in 2021.
Sponsored

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne
I have max tow and spray in. My order shows in processing on the tracker. Ford performance chat says I have a production date of 2/23. There is hope.
Couple of questions - what was your order date; and where is this performance chat that you mention?

Thanks.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Sorry, I've been away for awhile but looks like everyone is figuring things out.

KC is also shutting down this week due to shortage of natural gas in the area, so all KC builds are getting pushed to next week if my info is correct. Don't know if everyone has notice but the North is getting pretty hammered with very cold/snowy weather, this can also slow down transportation of the built trucks.

Spray in bed-liners are done on site by a contractor, not sure about the wheel well liners but I would have thought they would be applied on the line.

The weather is the biggest corporate of most all of this. There is also a serious shortage of semiconductors but Ford has prioritized the F150s to received supply, so far so good.

I'm not happy with this at all, so don't anyone think I enjoy sharing bad news, I just thought everyone would want to know what is causing their delays. Hang in there everyone!

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Sorry, I've been away for awhile but looks like everyone is figuring things out.

KC is also shutting down this week due to shortage of natural gas in the area, so all KC builds are getting pushed to next week if my info is correct. Don't know if everyone has notice but the North is getting pretty hammered with very cold/snowy weather, this can also slow down transportation of the built trucks.

Spray in bed-liners are done on site by a contractor, not sure about the wheel well liners but I would have thought they would be applied on the line.

The weather is the biggest corporate of most all of this. There is also a serious shortage of semiconductors but Ford has prioritized the F150s to received supply, so far so good.

I'm not happy with this at all, so don't anyone think I enjoy sharing bad news, I just thought everyone would want to know what is causing their delays. Hang in there everyone!
I'm getting super worried as my ETA was 3/3 (and most had been beating the ETA to california) and I have a big trip on 3/6, and I need to use those as break-in miles and NOT miles on my trade in!!!!

saluki1969

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Ford Mustang GT500, 2021 F150 SC PB Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Ordered my Lariat 502A last Friday. Have been holding off on purchase as I DO not want to take delivery until this Artic weather and salted roadways have passed. We have over 10 inches of snow on the ground, winds in excess of 25 with gusts to 40mph and our current temperature is -1 below zero Fahrenheit. Do not want to see mine until very late April and hopefully not until mid May.

Sponsored

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Ordered my Lariat 502A last Friday. Have been holding off on purchase as I DO not want to take delivery until this Artic weather and salted roadways have passed. We have over 10 inches of snow on the ground, winds in excess of 25 with gusts to 40mph and our current temperature is -1 below zero Fahrenheit. Do not want to see mine until very late April and hopefully not until mid May.
The way things are going, April or May should not be a problem.

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I was actually thinking the way things are going, he should have ordered a month ago for April/May delivery...
I ordered in September and have an eta for March 20 but with these latest setbacks April is a real possibility

Icbmredrat

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT 4x4 Supercrew
Darn. Was hoping to take advantage of whatever deals was possible during March truck month...

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I'm getting super worried as my ETA was 3/3 (and most had been beating the ETA to california) and I have a big trip on 3/6, and I need to use those as break-in miles and NOT miles on my trade in!!!!
Terry
Remind me again, has you truck been built yet and if not what was your blend?

Sponsored

mathieu424

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021
Hello,

I'm from Canada and I ordered the following truck on September 25th, my dealer tells me that they currently have an issue with building the Max Tow 3.5, is this true and when could I expect my truck to be built ?

XLT 302a supercrew
3.5 Ecoboost
Max tow package
Wheel well liner
Spray-in bedliner
2kw pro power onboard

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Hello,

I'm from Canada and I ordered the following truck on September 25th, my dealer tells me that they currently have an issue with building the Max Tow 3.5, is this true and when could I expect my truck to be built ?

XLT 302a supercrew
3.5 Ecoboost
Max tow package
Wheel well liner
Spray-in bedliner
2kw pro power onboard
yes, shortages of parts is the issue.

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have a VIN. my truck is 'in production'. I have a window sticker. I have a blend date (Feb. 20). How safe, or not, am I from all these shortages. My order has the bed liner in it. Will it still proceed with production as planned or will it stall, yet again?

mathieu424

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021
I have a VIN. my truck is 'in production'. I have a window sticker. I have a blend date (Feb. 20). How safe, or not, am I from all these shortages. My order has the bed liner in it. Will it still proceed with production as planned or will it stall, yet again?
JF, is it an ecoboost or 5L ?
Sponsored