Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

tag1399

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 501A
Want to take a minute and give some love to Koons. My experience with them was very good, they honored the price Dexter quoted me when I ordered in early Feb, I did all the paperwork virtually, and when I got there this morning I was in and out in an hour and already back home in NC. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.

Also to the post above, Dexter actually took a call while I was there with this exact question - 2023s are going to be 4% under but the deal does go on.
Sponsored

SomebodyInGNV

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 4WD 301A 3.5L w/ HDPP
Occupation
retired
Same thing happened to me. Right after cancelling my order, my truck was scheduled on Thursday of the same week. I did receive a refund immediately. Your email is still listed with Ford under your build, so you’ll continue to receive notifications.
If scheduled, can you reactivate the order at the original price? I canceled mine because Ford is unilaterally removing features and options that are valuable to me but, if they actually schedule it, I'd like to see the window sticker.

The only thing I've received so far from Ford is the initial order acknowledgement.

Viper

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, 2022 F-150 Limited Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher for the Military
Picked up my Limited today from Dexter, even got 1,500.00 incitive from Ford while it took a couple of hours all went went quite well, very good experience and cant say enough about how well it went. I recommend them!!!

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Picked up my Limited today from Dexter, even got 1,500.00 incitive from Ford while it took a couple of hours all went went quite well, very good experience and cant say enough about how well it went. I recommend them!!!
Good to know. Any missing or removed features you expected or did not?

Sponsored

Donnelly713

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
is dexter doing 4% under invoice on 2023 tremors when ordering opens up later this month?

lacartus

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 F150 PB
How was your trade experience, if you had a trade-in? Did you agree on a price before driving to Koons? If so, did you get that price or was there some haggling? My local dealer will buy my Ridgeline, but then I'll have to rent a car to drive from NC to VA and I won't get the tax shield (I'll pay taxes on the full purchase price vs. purchase price minus trade-in).
TIA,
Ian

tag1399

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 501A
How was your trade experience, if you had a trade-in? Did you agree on a price before driving to Koons? If so, did you get that price or was there some haggling? My local dealer will buy my Ridgeline, but then I'll have to rent a car to drive from NC to VA and I won't get the tax shield (I'll pay taxes on the full purchase price vs. purchase price minus trade-in).
TIA,
Ian
I can give you a pretty good comparison - they offered me $1500 less than a local dealer for (also) a Ridgeline. So the $900ish tax break, $125 flight, and $300 for a rental for a week still came out cheaper and there was no chance of Murphy’s law happening while I drove up to DC to trade. I flew in to Reagan and took an Uber down to the dealership (that Koons is reimbursing). Also made the day go by a lot quicker.

lacartus

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 F150 PB
Thanks @tag1399, that's helpful. And quite a coincidence, that you're in NC and went from a Ridgeline to 501a. LOL

Sponsored

Thinbluef150

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
Police Officer
Does anyone know if we can apply the Ford $1,000 retail order incentive and the first responder incentive on top of this deal?

greyphox

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 5.0 Lariat SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone know if we can apply the Ford $1,000 retail order incentive and the first responder incentive on top of this deal?
You should be able to do the incentive from Ford; not sure about first responder, you'd have to check fine print. My understanding was the retail cash offers are payments from Ford to the dealer, and should show up in the VINCENT system when you do your purchase paperwork.

Grov58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 lariat, powerboost, (on order)
Incentive should apply. Also shout out to dexter and the team. I just picked up my lariat 500a powerboost. Phenomenal pickup experience, got solid trade offer, all incentives (including one I didn’t know about) were included without asking and no issues on finance side (ford credit since I had 0%). 👏. As an aside I think I am close to highest payload I’ve seen for a powerboost lariat.

You should be able to do the incentive from Ford; not sure about first responder, you'd have to check fine print. My understanding was the retail cash offers are payments from Ford to the dealer, and should show up in the VINCENT system when you do your purchase paperwork.
Ford F-150 F150 Ford Tough - Koons Woodbridge Ford Offering Up To 5% Below Invoice 51330B73-5CDA-49EA-B2FD-A9196F654322

Ford F-150 F150 Ford Tough - Koons Woodbridge Ford Offering Up To 5% Below Invoice 08941707-CF14-4341-885D-58E0BE929F05

Last edited:

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Maybe somebody can explain to me how any dealer can sell 4% below invoice. As far as i know invoice is what dealers are billed for by Ford, essentially being dealer cost. Even selling at invoice would mean to me, that they're not making any profit and selling below that would be selling at a loss. What am i missing here? Anybody? Are they such large dealer, that they get bonuses in exess of 4 % and recover that way or what?

masterwaiter

First Name
taos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC/CHEV/FORD
Maybe somebody can explain to me how any dealer can sell 4% below invoice. As far as i know invoice is what dealers are billed for by Ford, essentially being dealer cost. Even selling at invoice would mean to me, that they're not making any profit and selling below that would be selling at a loss. What am i missing here? Anybody? Are they such large dealer, that they get bonuses in exess of 4 % and recover that way or what?

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/what-is-the-dealer-invoice-price
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.