First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport Leadfoot Gray 302a Ecoboost
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
I finally bit the bullet and ordered the skid plate this morning. I'll be using 3M Undercoating on mine. I'd prefer it black since everything is blacked out on my truck already, and I want something tough that I can scrape up and not worry about it. It is a skid plate after all.

This stuff is great because if it get's scraped up you can just spray more right over the top. I've used it before and it's awesome. Easy to apply, minimal prep, and has the look and texture of a bed liner.
Sponsored

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
has anyone else tried the Acetone trick on their kit? thinking about biting the bullet...had a sad run in with an animal this morning that may have broke my active air damn

Ewheels

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat PB, 2020 Explorer ST, 2018 Mustang GT
Ive had it on for awhile now and haven’t noticed any crazy cchanges to how truck handles. People just compliment on the front end haha. I think its worth it. No engine lights at all. Ive had it at 85mph on highway steady with no shaking at all.
Any mpg impact?

somecatchyphrase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150, 2023 Audi Etron Quattro
Occupation
Doer of stuff and things.
I finally bit the bullet and ordered the skid plate this morning. I'll be using 3M Undercoating on mine. I'd prefer it black since everything is blacked out on my truck already, and I want something tough that I can scrape up and not worry about it. It is a skid plate after all.

This stuff is great because if it get's scraped up you can just spray more right over the top. I've used it before and it's awesome. Easy to apply, minimal prep, and has the look and texture of a bed liner.
Thanks for linking that 3M product. I swear it seems like I've read through every thread concerning this mod and have not seen that yet. Definitely a strong contender. Do you think it will adhere to the plastic piece? And on the topic of the plastic bumper pieces has anyone painted original top plastic bumper piece to match the skid plate package in whatever flavor you choose?
Ford F-150 F-150 Tremor Skid plate installed IMG_1693.JPG

Sponsored

NiftyF150

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport Leadfoot Gray 302a Ecoboost
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
Thanks for linking that 3M product. I swear it seems like I've read through every thread concerning this mod and have not seen that yet. Definitely a strong contender. Do you think it will adhere to the plastic piece? And on the topic of the plastic bumper pieces has anyone painted original top plastic bumper piece to match the skid plate package in whatever flavor you choose?
IMG_1693.JPG
With a little prep yes I do.