Sponsored

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
I know there are other posts with regard to the active air dam removal. What needs done (if anything) to prevent the warning display “Active Air Dam Fault?” Do tell…
There won't be a CEL on the dash but with the motors unplugged a "soft" code will get thrown. I didn't want that so I removed the motors from the housing and zip tied them back in place. Post #233 in this thread.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-f-150-tremor-skid-plate-swap-parts.8244/page-16
Sponsored

Boyk1182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost
I know there are other posts with regard to the active air dam removal. What needs done (if anything) to prevent the warning display “Active Air Dam Fault?” Do tell…
There is no warning or light. I hooked my ForScan up to my computer and there is a soft code for the air dam, but there are some other soft codes for random things so I’m not worried about it.

My MPGs are almost exactly the same as stock with 35’s and no air dam. I drive a lot more conservatively with the big tires, so that probably has a lot to do with it, but it’s about the same.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I compared lot of Tremor vs normal asbuilt and found a value appearing to be only on Tremor but that could be anything. Didn't want to break truck changing value.

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
so in the end, some Acetone and a little elbow grease and its the actual tremor silver painted part.
looks like it has clearcoat as well.

makes me feel better about ordering this kit.
So I picked up some acetone and had a quick go at it and it literally just wiped off. No elbow grease required. I’m surprised how easily it comes off and it makes me question what kind of cheap paint ford just half assed over the silver. This is good news for the guys who already mounted theirs and would like to go silver.

Boyk1182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Where is that Ford bot I see on here sometimes, I’d like to ask it why this piece is painted.

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Looks more like plastidip than real paint. 🤔🤷‍♂️

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
2 things

AWESOME job,

and pressure washer :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
i remember my house in florida, every freaking year had to scrub the concrete from the gunk
Power washing the driveway and sidewalks in Florida seemed like an annual rite of passage.

Looks like you removed the spoiler as well. That probably took the MPG away.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Anybody in Canada track one of these down? Seeing some resellers online but sold out, and nothing on the accessories.ford.ca site :(

Boyk1182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m already thinking about getting these parts sprayed with Line-X. If you look at the skid plate wrong the paint flakes off. I’m debating if I should do it in black or try metallic silver to keep it similar to how it looks. Not looking forward to taking it all apart again so we’ll see.

Sponsored

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
That’s crazy, I paid to have mine painted. It really seemed like black plastic but I didn’t look very closely at it.
Hmm, did the shop actually paint it, or just wipe off the coating? o_O:unsure::sneaky:

Boyk1182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hmm, did the shop actually paint it, or just wipe off the coating? o_O:unsure::sneaky:
The shop painted both the skid plate and the plastic piece I think to avoid having to paint match, but the paint on the skid plate is flaking off. The plastic piece is holding up fine.

Last edited:

Cheeeese

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Couldn’t take it any longer and ordered the kit! Between the 15% off Ford Accesories site and ford pass points, only cost $150 shipped to a dealer. Can’t wait to get it installed!

OP
OP
tysonkim16

tysonkim16

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT FX4 Sport 3.5L Ecoboost
Ive had it on for awhile now and haven’t noticed any crazy cchanges to how truck handles. People just compliment on the front end haha. I think its worth it. No engine lights at all. Ive had it at 85mph on highway steady with no shaking at all.

Ford F-150 F-150 Tremor Skid plate installed IMG_0014

Ford F-150 F-150 Tremor Skid plate installed IMG_0013

somecatchyphrase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150, 2023 Audi Etron Quattro
Occupation
Doer of stuff and things.
For those of you that have painted the plastic bumper piece and/or the skid plate itself, how are you doing it? Going to a body shop to get it professionally done or using some other products? I'm thinking I will be getting mine powder coated black but then I wonder how well that would match the black paint to match plastic bumper piece.
Sponsored