Sponsored

Bduchateau

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 xlt
Today I finished installing this kit on my Rattler. No real surprises but it did take most of the day. If you're mechanically inclined the instructions found online from Ford will work. The grill and bumper have to come off. The mounts on the inside of the bumper have to be removed and the fog lights if you have them. This is so you can remove and install stuff on the bumper. Overall not a bad job and I really like how it looks. Now I don't have to worry about tearing off that air dam.

20231020_164727 (Medium).jpg

20231020_165024 (Medium).jpg

20231020_164749 (Medium).jpg
Mine is done too. I painted the bumper cover to match. Wondering if black would be better. Red hooks to come..

Ford F-150 Ford Performance Tremor Skid Plate Kit install... Done! 20240318_170412
Sponsored

2022rockyridge

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Occupation
Military
Yes, the proper way to dead head the active air dam electrical connectors. Listed here from Mouser Electronics

1-2141520-1 Qty 1
1-1564559-1 Qty 1
967056-1 Qty 9

IMG_8005.jpeg
Was this a simple plug and done fix? I left my motors on for now so it would just throw the soft code for blocked motion. Instead of the engine code for not detecting

Boyk1182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost
Was this a simple plug and done fix? I left my motors on for now so it would just throw the soft code for blocked motion. Instead of the engine code for not detecting
I put some dielectric grease on the connectors and plugged the blanks on and haven’t had any issues. I still have a soft code that I can see with FORScan but it doesn’t seem to matter.

Sponsored

2022rockyridge

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Occupation
Military
I didn’t bother with plugs and just removed the whole assemble. No codes.
Yeah mine for some reason had the check engine light come on when I removed them. Right now they are on and I trimmed them up to where they don’t come down except touching edges of skid plate. Throws a soft code you can’t see unless you hooked in but no check engine light

Meatballs697

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Gym Owber
Yeah mine for some reason had the check engine light come on when I removed them. Right now they are on and I trimmed them up to where they don’t come down except touching edges of skid plate. Throws a soft code you can’t see unless you hooked in but no check engine light
I probably misused the word code there since I’m not using any scan tools. But yeah I didn’t get any kind of check engine or warning indications.

volvofan94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 3.5L EcoBoost
My truck is one of the lucky Job 1 trucks - built April 2021. ML34 is the frame prefix on my truck in case others want to check theirs.
Got around to install the skid plate today and it worked very well. Followed the instructions and the truck is rolling with a new style.

Very happy with the upgrade! Also installed the illuminated Ford logo while I was there.
Sponsored