First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150
Occupation
Construction
How does it handle compared to before? More wandering on the highway or about the same ride?
No, this is a skid plate kit. Does not affect ride at all. My truck does have a 2" spacer leveling kit. It affects the handling a negligible amount. I also replaced the sloppy FX4 shocks with a set a Bilsteins. They greatly improved the ride and handling. With the FX4 shocks it rode like a boat.
Sponsored

jim80proof

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT FX4
No, this is a skid plate kit. Does not affect ride at all. My truck does have a 2" spacer leveling kit. It affects the handling a negligible amount. I also replaced the sloppy FX4 shocks with a set a Bilsteins. They greatly improved the ride and handling. With the FX4 shocks it rode like a boat.
Thanks. I was just not sure if the increased airflow under the truck would have an effect on the ride quality or cause it to wander any on the highway. I want to replace the air damn but really like the ride quality at speed. I'm still on the stock 20" wheels & tires.

jsrobbi

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150
Occupation
Construction
Thanks. I was just not sure if the increased airflow under the truck would have an effect on the ride quality or cause it to wander any on the highway. I want to replace the air damn but really like the ride quality at speed. I'm still on the stock 20" wheels & tires.
Understood. No real issues there. There might be a slight increase in wind noise, but not enough to really notice in my opinion.

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
Got some blacked out emblems in the mail today to go along with it. I figured if I’m taking the front end apart it’d probably be a good time to swap them. I’ve been so busy at work that I forgot I even ordered them until they showed up, bonus!

Sponsored

357Sig

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Bronco Badlands
So interesting find today… the upper black piece that I was planning on painting came dinged up with some scratches. I started lightly scratching at it with my fingernail and the black paint started coming off like one of those scratch off lottery tickets exposing a metallic silver paint underneath! Wtf ford! I thought they weren’t painting it silver to keep it reserved for the tremors but it’s clearly already silver and looks/feels smooth like it’s clear coated and all. I’m going to take a fine pad to it and see what happens. Best case I’ll buff it and be good, worst case I’ll paint it like I was planning on anyways.

IMG_5752.jpeg
Here's what you will find....Acetone took the black paint off. Ten minutes of light scrubbing and a quick rinse
Ford F-150 F-150 Tremor Skid plate installed IMG_0360
Ford F-150 F-150 Tremor Skid plate installed IMG_0361
Ford F-150 F-150 Tremor Skid plate installed IMG_0362

Boyk1182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost
Here's what you will find....Acetone took the black paint off. Ten minutes of light scrubbing and a quick rinse
IMG_0360.jpg
IMG_0361.jpg
IMG_0362.jpg
That’s crazy, I paid to have mine painted. It really seemed like black plastic but I didn’t look very closely at it.

357Sig

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Bronco Badlands
I was prepping the part to paint since the black paint was scratched up.

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
IMG_0360.jpg
IMG_0361.jpg
IMG_0362.jpg
Way to go! I wish I would have known this before I had mine painted as well, although mine didn't have any scratches on it to make me think it was silver underneath. Can't wait to see the final product on your truck.

Sponsored

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
IMG_0360.jpg
IMG_0361.jpg
IMG_0362.jpg
so in the end, some Acetone and a little elbow grease and its the actual tremor silver painted part.
looks like it has clearcoat as well.

makes me feel better about ordering this kit.

AK Yeti

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F-150
I know there are other posts with regard to the active air dam removal. What needs done (if anything) to prevent the warning display “Active Air Dam Fault?” Do tell…

Lricaud81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 stx fx4
I know there are other posts with regard to the active air dam removal. What needs done (if anything) to prevent the warning display “Active Air Dam Fault?” Do tell…
You'd think there was some way to not get that. Especially when ford is selling the kit and it has to be taken off.

AK Yeti

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F-150
Ed Zachary! lol That’s why I asked the obvious question. Just waiting for those whom embarked on this journey to chime in.
I think most will know that when you add heavy/larger tires, and allow MORE air underneath your vehicle, it will cause MPG to plummet. Many will ask and eventually we’ll get the info. Better yet, I’m more curious what the Tremors are getting- there’s your comparison; stock vs Tremor then maybe stock vs modified to a Tremor. I’m thinking they’ll be similar. Again, likely there’ll be too many variables as there are too many different tire sizes floating around on the modified F-150s.
Keep adding to this thread…
Sponsored