Sponsored

2021+ F-150 Tremor Skid Plate Swap Parts

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
I just received mine after about 6 weeks from Lethal Perm. I too have some scuffs , especially some black ones towards middle. Annoyed but not enough to send it back .
Are the guys color matching the middle part to match the actual skid plate , are you guys paining or wrapping ?
I had mine painted to match the skid plate. Cost me almost exactly $200.
Sponsored

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry if missed it but can you post what the color was and is it exact/close match ?

thanks
Sorry but the paint shop I took it to had to custom match it so I don't have a color to give you. Initially I told them it was Ford's Ingot Silver UX but after they compared the skid plate to a paint swatch of the Ingot Silver they said it wasn't the same color.

SpaceWhite22FX4

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Hey everyone. Hope this is the right spot to post this. I’ve been lurking on the forum for a while and recently bought the Tremor Skid Plate Kit directly from Ford (M-5018-FSP). I was able to use a combination of a 20% off Coupon for Black Friday and a bunch of FordPass points, so the cost was very reasonable.

The kit was just delivered today. Unfortunately, one of the Lower Valence Bumper Covers had the plastic clips broken off (see image). Not sure this is a big deal. However, I’m also missing the Lower Bumper Caps and the Bumper Cover Stiffener. I reached out to Ford via a message and they want me to send it back, but wont honor the prior discount. I was hoping they would just send me the missing parts. The missing parts are circled in red in one of the pictures.

I was hoping to get some guidance/help from others that have bought this kit to see if the Lower Bumper Caps and Bumper Cover Stiffener are necessary for installation? Some of the other pictures I’ve seen appear to re-use the Lower Bumper Caps. But I’m insure about the Stiffener.

Thanks so much. Looking forward to getting this installed on my 2022 FX4 Lariat (Space White).

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Tremor Skid Plate Swap Parts Damaged Part
Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Tremor Skid Plate Swap Parts Included in Box
Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Tremor Skid Plate Swap Parts Missing Parts

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
No pre installed scratches but you don't get all the parts. That sucks. :(

I don't see point in changing the bumper caps but I would be pissed at missing parts.

Sponsored

SpaceWhite22FX4

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I know. Definitely sucks but I don't want to deal with sending it back (and risk the actual Skid Plate becoming scratched). I know the Bumper Caps aren't necessary to make the conversion happen (and I'm going to use my existing ones that came on my truck). Does anyone have experience with the "Bumper Cover Stiffener"? Is it a necessary part to successfully install this kit?

Last edited:

jim80proof

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT FX4
Has anyone that did the switch seen a change in fuel economy? If so what was it? I am seriously debating on doing the switch to the Tremor skid plate as it looks awesome (the part set is in my cart ready to hit buy), but I am getting around 20 mi / gal combined on my 3.5 EcoBoost XLT FX4 and want to know what type of MPG hit I may expect.

Last edited:

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Has anyone that did the switch seen a change in fuel economy? If so what was it? I am seriously debating on doing the switch to the Tremor skid plat as it looks awesome (the part set is in my cart ready to hit buy), but I am getting around 20 mi / gal combined on my 3.5 EcoBoost XLT FX4 and want to know what type of MPG hit I may expect.
+1

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I haven't noticed any difference with mine but the majority of my driving is non-highway. For me, the look alone would be worth the mpg hit since I would assume it's probably minimal. I guess if you wanted to do a test to find out, you could unplug the air dam motors and go through a tank or two to see the results. It wouldn't be exactly the same as adding the skid plate but it would give you an idea as to what effect the active air dam has on fuel efficiency if you do a lot of highway driving.

jim80proof

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT FX4
I haven't noticed any difference with mine but the majority of my driving is non-highway. For me, the look alone would be worth the mpg hit since I would assume it's probably minimal. I guess if you wanted to do a test to find out, you could unplug the air dam motors and go through a tank or two to see the results. It wouldn't be exactly the same as adding the skid plate but it would give you an idea as to what effect the active air dam has on fuel efficiency if you do a lot of highway driving.
I watched this test and while not the only data point I'll factor in, not having the lower air damn vs having one resulted in roughly a 4mpg difference. I was surprised it made that much difference, which is what peaked my curiosity for this set up.

Sponsored

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I watched this test and while not the only data point I'll factor in, not having the lower air damn vs having one resulted in roughly a 4mpg difference. I was surprised it made that much difference, which is what peaked my curiosity for this set up.

Thanks. I'll have to watch that video. 4 mpg is way more than I would have thought.

somecatchyphrase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150, 2023 Audi Etron Quattro
Occupation
Doer of stuff and things.
Has anyone installed this Tremor front skid plate kit with RCI skids? I have full RCI skids on my truck and am curious if this tremor skid would play nicely with the 2nd engine skid plate in the RCI package. In theory I could ditch the front most RCI engine skid and replace with this one, assuming this plate lines up with the same holes...

savage250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2020 F350, 2020 Bullitt, 2020 Aviator
Reading through this thread it mentions that you wouldn't need to remove the grill if you have a 5.0. Do you still need to remove the bumper or are you able to get at all of the bolts/clips with the bumper in place?

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reading through this thread it mentions that you wouldn't need to remove the grill if you have a 5.0. Do you still need to remove the bumper or are you able to get at all of the bolts/clips with the bumper in place?
I have a 5.0 and after I did the install I was thinking I probably could have done it without taking off the grille or even the trim piece above the bumper, but that's what the directions said to do so I followed along. The bumper however, I would say you would need to remove it. For me, the metal radar mounts would have been hard to remove and trying to get the many nuts loose to remove the fixed air dam would have made it a nightmare. But I don't have all the fancy swivel extensions and things like that to remove hard to reach nuts.......just sockets, ratchets and wrenches.

TXjweav96

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
Occupation
Construction
Hey everyone. Hope this is the right spot to post this. I’ve been lurking on the forum for a while and recently bought the Tremor Skid Plate Kit directly from Ford (M-5018-FSP). I was able to use a combination of a 20% off Coupon for Black Friday and a bunch of FordPass points, so the cost was very reasonable.

The kit was just delivered today. Unfortunately, one of the Lower Valence Bumper Covers had the plastic clips broken off (see image). Not sure this is a big deal. However, I’m also missing the Lower Bumper Caps and the Bumper Cover Stiffener. I reached out to Ford via a message and they want me to send it back, but wont honor the prior discount. I was hoping they would just send me the missing parts. The missing parts are circled in red in one of the pictures.

I was hoping to get some guidance/help from others that have bought this kit to see if the Lower Bumper Caps and Bumper Cover Stiffener are necessary for installation? Some of the other pictures I’ve seen appear to re-use the Lower Bumper Caps. But I’m insure about the Stiffener.

Thanks so much. Looking forward to getting this installed on my 2022 FX4 Lariat (Space White).

Damaged Part.jpg
Included in Box.jpg
Missing Parts.jpg
Email Ford performance. They'll send what you're missing. I went back and fort with them when I ordered mine last summer.
Sponsored