Sponsored

Extremely loud electrical POP followed by loud static

maj24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
This happened to me for the second time tonight. The first time, I turned the truck off and back on and the issue was gone. This time the issue will not go away. I'll contact the dealership tomorrow.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RedTXV

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
You are the only second person here that I’ve read had it happen more than once.

I was hoping there wouldn’t be more of you. Please keep us updated.

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT sport CCSB 5.0
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
My truck should arrive right around the same time as my newborn. It freaks me out anytime I see the update on this thread. I hope it will never happen with the kid in my truck. I have a regular B&O. Not the unleashed version
I’ve never heard of this issue on the regular b&o without the unleashed

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
This happened to me for the second time tonight. The first time, I turned the truck off and back on and the issue was gone. This time the issue will not go away. I'll contact the dealership tomorrow.
Hi there. This noise concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

maj24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Hi, I sent a DM. This morning the issue was gone. Last night it reproduced even after turning the truck off 4-5 times and waiting to make sure everything was shut down. I had to drive 20 minutes with the noise.

Sponsored

Anthony0230

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 lariat powerboost hybrid
I had it happen to me a month ago, but I turned off the truck and it stopped. I just let it ride. Today my wife had the truck and it did it to her. Loud pop then crackle sounds like shattering glass. Accompanied by loud static, ear piercing and completely not tolerable. I have a video to prove it. Here is the link. Downs Ford in Toms River NJ
VIN-1FTFW1ED2MFC83966

Anthony0230

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 lariat powerboost hybrid
So unfortunately the Dealer visit went about as expected. They told me that they were unable to replicate the problem and they would need to do that in order to do anything. They "reinstalled" the latest update and sent me on my way. Total waste of time. Ford corporate did reach out via phone to see what the dealer did and when I said they did nothing they asked me if I was satisfied with that, lol. Supposedly a case was created, I requested a sync software engineer be made aware and the customer service rep didn't really know how to respond. Good luck everybody.

For anyone just tuning in, based off of the information provided so far in various other forums I follow, The issue seems to be affecting any truck with the B&O unleashed speaker system. I also believe it takes place when the truck is attempting connection to android auto or apple car play, but that is still a question mark.

So far the way I have been able to mitigate this is by starting the truck and verifying connection of android auto, playing music through android auto and when that starts then I start driving. I feel like that is the moment of failure and if you get past that you have a higher likelihood of a safe drive.

Trying to get the word out to anyone with these high end trucks to hopefully save them (and any children with developing ears) from the absolutely ridiculous amount of damage this sound system can do.
Any word from ford. I’m also in the same spot as you.

Getnplastered

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 f150, 2022 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Swimming pool plasterer
Hello everyone thisnis my first time posting so i apologize if am replying on someones thread. I am another victim of this same issue. I have a 22 raptor and the stereo is screaming with static just like everyone else has mentioned. I tried shutting the vehicle off a couple times and the screaming comes back everytime the vehicle is started. I have not undone the battery or pulled fuses. I figure i will tow/ take the truck to ford while the screaming of static is happening. Thank you to all who have left comments on this strange issue.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello everyone thisnis my first time posting so i apologize if am replying on someones thread. I am another victim of this same issue. I have a 22 raptor and the stereo is screaming with static just like everyone else has mentioned. I tried shutting the vehicle off a couple times and the screaming comes back everytime the vehicle is started. I have not undone the battery or pulled fuses. I figure i will tow/ take the truck to ford while the screaming of static is happening. Thank you to all who have left comments on this strange issue.
Hey there! I can look into your F-150’s stereo concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

miller6824

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Hybrid
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
This just happened to me as well in my 22 F150 hybrid. I had to pull over her out shut it off. Did a factory reset and went home still the same issue. Got home and it was doing the same. Called the dealer and they suggested I disconnect the negative battery terminal for 30+ minutes

Ktmguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum BAP
Well this just happened to me for the second time as well. The first time I turned the truck off and back on and it stopped. This time it popped while I was driving so I pulled over and tried everything including getting out and locking it. The loud static just kept playing for 5 minutes. I got back in and started heading back to the office with the volume on 0 and the radio off but it made no difference. I tried to place a call and could hear nothing but when I ended the call the noise stopped and everything went back to normal.

I was listening to XM both times this happened but I cant see how that would make a difference but worth mentioning.
22' PB Platinum with 1514 miles.

OFT42

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited 4WD. Sold my 2013 F150 Platinum
I experienced this issue today. My truck is a 2022 F150 Limited with a total of 464 miles. My audio had been set to apple car play for 2 or 3 consecutive days. While driving, I turned the radio to AM and heard the very loud pop. I thought the sun roof had exploded. This was followed by the extremely loud static that the OP and others have described. I could not make the noise stop by turning the truck off.

I drove directly to Sterling McCAll Ford in Houston, TX. The service guy came to my truck window and heard the same static. It was still screaming when I left the service department of the dealership. This is not good.

I imagine being on a road trip and this occurring and stuck 100 miles from home with this ear piercing noise.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I experienced this issue today. My truck is a 2022 F150 Limited with a total of 464 miles. My audio had been set to apple car play for 2 or 3 consecutive days. While driving, I turned the radio to AM and heard the very loud pop. I thought the sun roof had exploded. This was followed by the extremely loud static that the OP and others have described. I could not make the noise stop by turning the truck off.

I drove directly to Sterling McCAll Ford in Houston, TX. The service guy came to my truck window and heard the same static. It was still screaming when I left the service department of the dealership. This is not good.

I imagine being on a road trip and this occurring and stuck 100 miles from home with this ear piercing noise.
Hello, Jack! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this noise concern. Thanks!
Sponsored