First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
My finance guy gave me the quotes for 7yr/100k and told me "this is a special deal since you are x-plan, normally they are this" and showed a higher number then a lower number. That lower "special" number was about 2x what Flood charges.

I showed him the whole printout I brought with all of Flood's rate tables. He said I should just buy that because their dealership would never let him sell that low. So just out of curiosity, he checked what FORD charges them (the dealer) for that 7yr/100k in the internal tool. It was HIGHER than what Flood is SELLING it for. He had no idea how they can do that unless Ford corporate is offering some kind of even lower amount to let that dealership do that.

So once I get my 42,000 points I will be snatching up the Flood premiumcare ESP and maintenance plans!
Sponsored

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
My finance guy gave me the quotes for 7yr/100k and told me "this is a special deal since you are x-plan, normally they are this" and showed a higher number then a lower number. That lower "special" number was about 2x what Flood charges.

I showed him the whole printout I brought with all of Flood's rate tables. He said I should just buy that because their dealership would never let him sell that low. So just out of curiosity, he checked what FORD charges them (the dealer) for that 7yr/100k in the internal tool. It was HIGHER than what Flood is SELLING it for. He had no idea how they can do that unless Ford corporate is offering some kind of even lower amount to let that dealership do that.

So once I get my 42,000 points I will be snatching up the Flood premiumcare ESP and maintenance plans!
Tom Hillier didnt even offer me a ESP! :ROFLMAO:

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
I would skip the key - & for I don't need the rental - have it on my insurance policy

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Tom Hillier didnt even offer me a ESP! :ROFLMAO:
You're kidding!! They make a lot of money off those (obviously) and he was so excited to show me the killer offer until I really took the wind out of his sails. I said I'd love to, just match what is on this printout and you can get the sale, otherwise I'll go online and he just yielded.

Mine were also very persistent on me buying Cilajet protectant. I declined that as well and they couldn't believe the audacity of my "risk taking" against bird $hit!

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
You're kidding!! They make a lot of money off those (obviously) and he was so excited to show me the killer offer until I really took the wind out of his sails. I said I'd love to, just match what is on this printout and you can get the sale, otherwise I'll go online and he just yielded.

Mine were also very persistent on me buying Cilajet protectant. I declined that as well and they couldn't believe the audacity of my "risk taking" against bird $hit!
Lol there was no Finance Manger. It was with Ryann the entire time, I think he was recommended by 21Caliplati. But yeah it was super straight forwards, he didnt even try to sell me on anything.

Dude I was ready to go into the Finance Manager office and be "no no no" I was almost disappointed :ROFLMAO:. i also brought my phone loaded with Flood Ford's stuff

Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I am going for 8/100K version. What are the pro/con arguments for the add on:
  • First Day Rental ($30/day max) - $50
  • Enhanced Rental (doubles the per day to $60, not including day 1) - $95
  • Bulb Coverage - $95
  • Key Services - $80
I am a bit confused about the rental options. Concerns are:
  • To take the truck to the dealership and to teleport oneself to a car rental place to get a car at short notice for $30/less and to drop off when the truck is ready seems like more trouble than it is worth. So, thinking that the first day rental (cheap) is useless. The Extended rental might be worth something.
  • I assume one will need to buy insurance for the car rental. Again, $30 isn't going to cut it.
Bulb coverage - This might be worth it, as we do expect to be one a few dirt roads.

Key service - Haven't lost a key in my life yet. Hope it stays that way. So, not inclined to take this.

It'd be great to get some other perspective, if only to make sure I am not missing something.
Man they really got a price hike or it is higher for your location, not sure which. There was a price hike early in Jan but I just got my purchased in time.

First day rental was $10 and enhanced was $30 I think. Had it on my 2018, had a recall that was to take a couple of hours. I dropped the truck off and said I have 1st coverage, they gave me a car to drive. I came back in 4 hours and picked my truck up. I was like, heck yeah!

I got both for the rental car features which my dealer provides the rental car. I drop the truck off and they give me a rental. I don't have to purchase insurance.

Got the bulb coverage because of the LEDs up front.

Like you no key service. Never have lost a key or key fobe.

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
Thank you, @currybob ! This is helpful as I think about it.

I don’t have my truck yet. It reached Kansas City yesterday - and still needs a 3 hour road trip for drop off to Granger Ford. Once I pick it up, I will get the ESP. I tried all 3 links that you kindly provided at the start of the thread. The price was same across all of them.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thank you, @currybob ! This is helpful as I think about it.

I don’t have my truck yet. It reached Kansas City yesterday - and still needs a 3 hour road trip for drop off to Granger Ford. Once I pick it up, I will get the ESP. I tried all 3 links that you kindly provided at the start of the thread. The price was same across all of them.
It was my pleasure kavm, I am very pleased so many here were able to use this information to save themself some serious cash. Knowledge is power...

Good luck to ya and have a safe drive home!!

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
Thank you, @currybob ! I have learned a lot from you and others on this board. Very nice and helpful experience.

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
I have seen some of this mentioned during various threads and thought it would be a good idea to centralize it in one place.

Online Ford extended service plans are much cheaper purchasing through an online Ford ESP seller. They sell tons of plans and save you tons on the price. I am listing several I have found that are close in price but there is difference. They are selling the same Ford backed plan, good at any Ford dealer.

I will tell you, it is cheaper to start the plan the first year with less than 12,000 miles.

You can purchase these right up till the end of the bumper to bumper warranty. 3 years 36,000 miles which ever comes first.

They offer options of various years, mileage and deductibles.

They also offer two enhanced car rental services, bulb replacement and key options. With LEDs and their expense, I get it and both car rental options. Both are cheap for the time period they are covering me, like $70 for the 6 year plan that I get.

All rebate back unused portions not used anytime you want. They are transferable so a good selling tool if you ever do that.

These plans start day one of the trucks service date. So a 2021 with a 6 year plan, expires in 2027.

https://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/
https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/
https://www.floodfordesp.com/

I have used Flood and service was excellent but currently after pricing these on line to compare, Zeigler was the cheapest for me but you have to pay in full up front. I did not see that discount at Flood. In the coupon box type payinfull and it will save you something like $250 off. Without that, Flood was cheaper, I believe Anderson was the same as Flood.

Anyway just another tool for ya'll to consider and if you want one, here is way to save a good bit of money.

If anyone knows of others, feel free to post it here.

Update... Ford ESP plan had price increased starting early Jan 2021

I would suggest you give your dealer the option to price match. Watch their faces when you tell them what you can get it for.

It's priceless!!

1605836128701.png

Admin-I may have started this thread in the wrong spot. Move if it you need to. thanks
I just did the quick quote on Zeigler’s site... holy shit! The 8 year/100K is the same price as the 6 year/60K that the dealership offered me. That is definitely a much better deal. Once again, Bob - Thank you!

BTW, noticed you are in Calhoun County - I grew up in Anniston ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thank you, @currybob ! I have learned a lot from you and others on this board. Very nice and helpful experience.
That is great to hear, just pay it forward.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I just did the quick quote on Zeigler’s site... holy shit! The 8 year/100K is the same price as the 6 year/60K that the dealership offered me. That is definitely a much better deal. Once again, Bob - Thank you!

BTW, noticed you are in Calhoun County - I grew up in Anniston ?
Wow, Roll Tide then! :ROFLMAO:

The place is growing like everywhere else I guess. I grew up mostly in Albertville just North of where I am now. The military had me bouncing around but came back close to my roots, country boy I guess.

Very glad the info helped you out!

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Man they really got a price hike or it is higher for your location, not sure which. There was a price hike early in Jan but I just got my purchased in time.

First day rental was $10 and enhanced was $30 I think. Had it on my 2018, had a recall that was to take a couple of hours. I dropped the truck off and said I have 1st coverage, they gave me a car to drive. I came back in 4 hours and picked my truck up. I was like, heck yeah!

I got both for the rental car features which my dealer provides the rental car. I drop the truck off and they give me a rental. I don't have to purchase insurance.

Got the bulb coverage because of the LEDs up front.

Like you no key service. Never have lost a key or key fobe.
I signed up with Flood:

8yr
100,000 mi
Light replacement
Enhanced car rental
Key Fob
0 deductible
$2355

Thanks Bob..

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Another question. The truck is still under the initial 3/36 bumper-to-bumper warranty. I buy an ESP plan with First Day rental. I bring the car in for a recall (maybe to fix rust on the diff ;)) during the initial 3/36 period. Obviously I don't pay any deductible because I am within the initial 3/36 period. Do I get the first-day rental, or is that only after the initial period?

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
Another question. The truck is still under the initial 3/36 bumper-to-bumper warranty. I buy an ESP plan with First Day rental. I bring the car in for a recall (maybe to fix rust on the diff ;)) during the initial 3/36 period. Obviously I don't pay any deductible because I am within the initial 3/36 period. Do I get the first-day rental, or is that only after the initial period?
Yes you get the rental. You’re paying for the ESP starting on first day of ownership. Many don’t realize that if you get a 6 year ESP and you trade the truck in at 3 years, you will only get a refund on the ESP for half the cost. It seems kind of like a ripoff because you’re coved by Fords bumper to bumper warranty during your first 3 years. I think the best thing to do if you decide to keep the truck longer than 36/36000 is to buy a warranty just before the factory warranty runs out. Waiting to get the warranty after 1 year costs $100 more.
Sponsored