First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 (buying soon)
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff, One month to retirement
I have seen some of this mentioned during various threads and thought it would be a good idea to centralize it in one place.

Online Ford extended service plans are much cheaper purchasing through an online Ford ESP seller. They sell tons of plans and save you tons on the price. I am listing several I have found that are close in price but there is difference. They are selling the same Ford backed plan, good at any Ford dealer.

I will tell you, it is cheaper to start the plan the first year with less than 12,000 miles.

You can purchase these right up till the end of the bumper to bumper warranty. 3 years 36,000 miles which ever comes first.

They offer options of various years, mileage and deductibles.

They also offer two enhanced car rental services, bulb replacement and key options. With LEDs and their expense, I get it and both car rental options. Both are cheap for the time period they are covering me, like $70 for the 6 year plan that I get.

All rebate back unused portions not used anytime you want. They are transferable so a good selling tool if you ever do that.

These plans start day one of the trucks service date. So a 2021 with a 6 year plan, expires in 2027.

https://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/
https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/
https://www.floodfordesp.com/

I have used Flood and service was excellent but currently after pricing these on line to compare, Zeigler was the cheapest for me but you have to pay in full up front. I did not see that discount at Flood. In the coupon box type payinfull and it will save you something like $250 off. Without that, Flood was cheaper, I believe Anderson was the same as Flood.

Anyway just another tool for ya'll to consider and if you want one, here is way to save a good bit of money.

If anyone knows of others, feel free to post it here.

Update... Ford ESP plan had price increased starting early Jan 2021

I would suggest you give your dealer the option to price match. Watch their faces when you tell them what you can get it for.

It's priceless!!

1605836128701.png

Admin-I may have started this thread in the wrong spot. Move if it you need to. thanks
I just picked up my new 2021 XLT last night. Thank you for posting this about ESP's. I took a picture in and showed the finance gut what I could buy at Flood. They eventually gave me the same price. They tried everything to work around it. They wanted 6K for an 8yr service and maintenance plans.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I just picked up my new 2021 XLT last night. Thank you for posting this about ESP's. I took a picture in and showed the finance gut what I could buy at Flood. They eventually gave me the same price. They tried everything to work around it. They wanted 6K for an 8yr service and maintenance plans.
My pleasure to see that this post has helped you and so many more! Knowledge is power! Lol

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
These are great, thank you! It even appears I can get these in CA. For context, I just came out of a European SUV (complete piece of sh*t BTW), and their extended service plan was $6-8k to get to 6 years/100k mi. The ones you highlighted are no-brainers at these prices.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
You really have to decide, how long you plan on keeping the truck, and how many miles you drive a year. Also what you can afford.
Do they not refund us for the unused years left on the warranty? I know I get the pre-paid maintenance refunded but my current truck is the first one I ever got the extended warranty so I don't know if that is non-refundable for the remaining years...

Sponsored

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
The Powerboost shows up on Flood but not Ziegler. Am I missing something?

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Also, I was going to print to bring in to my dealer to let them match, and I'm finding Flood is cheaper than Ziegler at the same exact coverage specs. Like way cheaper including any $250 code off Ziegler. So is Flood just undercutting or am I missing something that Ziegler offers that Flood isn't? (I left off the other one as I didn't see prepaid maintenance as an option)

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
Do they not refund us for the unused years left on the warranty? I know I get the pre-paid maintenance refunded but my current truck is the first one I ever got the extended warranty so I don't know if that is non-refundable for the remaining years...
Yes they refund for the unused portion. When I traded my 2017 they sent me a refund.

oddlou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Star White Platinum 4x4 Powerboost
The Powerboost shows up on Flood but not Ziegler. Am I missing something?
As you move on through the process with Ziegler, it shows gas/hybrid.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
As you move on through the process with Ziegler, it shows gas/hybrid.
Should not matter for the hybrid comes with it's own extended warranty. I think it is 10 years 80,000 miles if I'm not mistaken, something close to that anyway.

I know Flood said it didn't matter for their site because I called them to make sure.

Sponsored

JFR0317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
The hybrid/electrical is covered for 8 years/100,000 miles under the Ford New Vehicle Warranty.

clipperqb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 3.5 EB, Super Crew, 4X4
I purchased my truck today. When the finance guy brought up ESP he gave me a price based on what I told him for miles I drive and how long I planned on keeping the truck. Price sounded good but I went in thinking I was going to wait anyway and research Flood and Ziegler. I mentioned that to him and he had never heard of them so punched up quotes from them. 8 year, 125,000 mile, $200 deductible was $2,065 from Flood and $2,365 from Ziegler. Dealer had already offered me $1,862 before even looking them up. I was pleasantly surprised. This is for the PremiumCARE.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I purchased my truck today. When the finance guy brought up ESP he gave me a price based on what I told him for miles I drive and how long I planned on keeping the truck. Price sounded good but I went in thinking I was going to wait anyway and research Flood and Ziegler. I mentioned that to him and he had never heard of them so punched up quotes from them. 8 year, 125,000 mile, $200 deductible was $2,065 from Flood and $2,365 from Ziegler. Dealer had already offered me $1,862 before even looking them up. I was pleasantly surprised. This is for the PremiumCARE.
You done good, first time I heard of someone beating them.

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
I payed 3400 for a 8/75k ESP. Was supposed to be a great deal. Found it at Zeigler for 1600. I am going to cancel the one thru the dealership and get it from Zeigler.
Sponsored