Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I have mentioned several times that the co$t for ante-ing up to the self-service table might initially seem high, and certainly an injustice. But after a couple of successful sessions, it stings far less and just becomes yet another tool in the tool chest for someone that likes to take care of his own things.

But recently, after acquiring a second vehicle that rides the same OTA/FDRS wave, it now seems like a downright bargain!

Add to that, having the tools AND access to the guru(s) here that can solve issues that Ford/Dealerships haven't a clue?

Priceless :)
Sponsored

REDAG98

First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat FX4 PowerBoost
Occupation
Engineer
A question about the file structure for a USB APIM update.......

It's been awhile since I did one with FDRS, so I can't remember the file structure on the USB stick itself.

Are the files themselves in the root directory of the USB stick? Or are they nested in a subfolder? If in a subfolder, can someone share the name of the subfolder?

Same question for the manifest file. (I believe it has the file extension "der")
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but manifest.der is at the root of the usb drive. The rest of the files on in a subdirectory named FordSoftwareUpdates.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but manifest.der is at the root of the usb drive. The rest of the files on in a subdirectory named FordSoftwareUpdates.
Where were you 24 hours ago? 🤔😉

But yes sir. You are correct!

Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
There's a few variants of this. It's a cat and mouse game of ford invalidating the keys they hand out. It results in a monthly key change remote-in from whoever sold it.

The price for one's own vehicle should be free since ford still hasn't gotten OTA figured out yet, plus when they brick the car with an OTA, FDRS can be used to rectify their error. The VCM / mongoose cost is already a sufficient barrier to entry that they don't need to be milking customers for more $$$.
I figured as much, just like any other grey/black market software licenses. Once I saw the remote in to install/sign in, I was pretty much na, I'm good.

I kind of wish we just had the ability to update the vehicles we own at no cost. Verify the VIN and that you own it, then have access to update just that VIN as much as you want for free. Just make the hardware investment and have at it.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I figured as much, just like any other grey/black market software licenses. Once I saw the remote in to install/sign in, I was pretty much na, I'm good.

I kind of wish we just had the ability to update the vehicles we own at no cost. Verify the VIN and that you own it, then have access to update just that VIN as much as you want for free. Just make the hardware investment and have at it.
It'd be hilarious if Ford did an honest due diligence cost analysis and discovered that it saved THEM money to allow exactly that!

Gord0

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a
Looks like I'm down to one last APIM update (tried this afternoon and it failed to download, retry 3x, completed,then failed to make USB 2x and I aborted). And then there's the dreaded BCM. I might just wait to see if that one decides to come OTA... Might have a TCU and IPC after the APIM goes through and I'll be up to date!

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
gents, anyone ran the, "IPMA - Image Processing Module A (IPMA) Alignment application"? i need to try doing that to clear a DTC. does it just trigger the 4 or 5 sub alignment procedures back to back/cascading or something? wanna know what to expect before i wipe the ipma learned values.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
When I did mine, it had an error that would not clear. I checked with Rugdraw and it showed it installed ok. I can look on PTS and see what it shows. PM me your VIN

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
gents, anyone ran the, "IPMA - Image Processing Module A (IPMA) Alignment application"? i need to try doing that to clear a DTC. does it just trigger the 4 or 5 sub alignment procedures back to back/cascading or something? wanna know what to expect before i wipe the ipma learned values.
Mine did a few, but would not clear the DTC. I waited a week and checked with Forscan. It was still showing. Cleared it with Forscan and it was gone.

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
i added powerfold mirrors a while back and have had a dtc since. cannot be cleared, and 360 alignment process wont stick, despite completing successfully about 5 times.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
i added powerfold mirrors a while back and have had a dtc since. cannot be cleared, and 360 alignment process wont stick, despite completing successfully about 5 times.
All this is above my level of knowledge...sorry

Gord0

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a
When I did mine, it had an error that would not clear. I checked with Rugdraw and it showed it installed ok. I can look on PTS and see what it shows. PM me your VIN
If this was directed to my post about the APIM not installing, I know it didn't. It never even created the USB.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
If this was directed to my post about the APIM not installing, I know it didn't. It never even created the USB.
Sorry, That was directed to Steve.
Sponsored