Sponsored

2BigDogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Limited, 2017 MKZ
Congrats to all who have had OTA updates! I have had zero, zilch, nada, not a one, OTA updates since purchasing my truck in Nov 2023... updated via FDRS in mid Dec, and zero OTAs since... hmmm.
Sponsored

nitrobass24

Threads
Reaction score
Website
redboxplus.com
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
Roll offs and Porta-Potties
But an IPC via FDRS was 3 hours!!!
I think this is mostly due to the transfer speed of the CAN connection using the mongoose cable. We really dont know how long it takes the OTA to download because we never see that just the "install" or in FDRS speak the "Configuraiton" stage, which typically goes by really quick.

Its all the writing of the file over the CAN connection that takes a lifetime.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I think this is mostly due to the transfer speed of the CAN connection using the mongoose cable. We really dont know how long it takes the OTA to download because we never see that just the "install" or in FDRS speak the "Configuraiton" stage, which typically goes by really quick.

Its all the writing of the file over the CAN connection that takes a lifetime.
I thought the OTA process sends over the Ethernet which is likely much faster transfer rate than CAN.

Download from internet to truck is usually quick, then it is immediately available to install with an inhibit from wherever it puts it on download.

My 6.8.0 was maybe 30 minutes total from walking outside turning on screen to accept the download, telling it to install, to finished notification in FordPass.

As I said before I don't know how Ford made my truck finally accept IPC updates via OTA but it sure beats the 6 hour process I ran multiple times last year.

wbrownie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB Platinum
End of the IPMA update and truck has been doing this for the last 30 mins or so during module configuration. Problem or wait it out?

wbrownie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB Platinum
Ok. It stopped and is now back to module configuration.....

End of the IPMA update and truck has been doing this for the last 30 mins or so during module configuration. Problem or wait it out?

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ok. It stopped and is now back to module configuration.....

Pretty normal until you cycle the ignition or it finishes config

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
been trying to update to 6.8 for daysssss for some reason something keeps interupting the progress or it says it'll try on the next scheduled time. i tried to manually do it and it said something about postponing.
Im assuming my battery level is too low.

also, whats everyones take on a great charger to have while doing FDRS updates?

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales

Eyeman60

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda Pilot

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
been trying to update to 6.8 for daysssss for some reason something keeps interupting the progress or it says it'll try on the next scheduled time. i tried to manually do it and it said something about postponing.
Im assuming my battery level is too low.

also, whats everyones take on a great charger to have while doing FDRS updates?
The generic message will always say interrupted. It's low battery level nearly every time. It is winter in most of country so batteries tend to get low from cold starts. You can check battery SOC in Forscan and OBDLink app on a Bluetooth device if you are curious what the truck thinks about the battery.

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
The generic message will always say interrupted. It's low battery level nearly every time. It is winter in most of country so batteries tend to get low from cold starts. You can check battery SOC in Forscan and OBDLink app on a Bluetooth device if you are curious what the truck thinks about the battery.
wonder if i should just throw a battery charger on it for a bit and see if i can raise the SOC and battery level just a bit.

wbrownie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB Platinum
Need some advice...IPMA has been running now a total of 8 or so hours...the last 5 or so on "module is now being configured". Truck shut off. Seems to be in an endless loop. Should I wait, abort or something else.
Sponsored