telbert1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Hey all,

I have a 21 Job1 that was in update purgatory. I powered through with FDRS today and updated everything that was in there, and have successfully got through 2 APIM updates. I'm at a third APIM update, but I can't get it to run like the others. I go through the normal process, but it never downloads any files or prompts to install them to my USB. It gets to the point that it says that the application is complete, but the APIM update stays in FDRS. The prior GWM update showed a failure on one of the files but after letting the truck sit for a bit and refreshing FDRS the GWM update went away and the APIM popped up. Not sure if that's related to my current issue. Any ideas? The truck is currently at version 22086 rev 415. VIN is 1FTFW1E82MFB52748

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Hey all,

I have a 21 Job1 that was in update purgatory. I powered through with FDRS today and updated everything that was in there, and have successfully got through 2 APIM updates. I'm at a third APIM update, but I can't get it to run like the others. I go through the normal process, but it never downloads any files or prompts to install them to my USB. It gets to the point that it says that the application is complete, but the APIM update stays in FDRS. The prior GWM update showed a failure on one of the files but after letting the truck sit for a bit and refreshing FDRS the GWM update went away and the APIM popped up. Not sure if that's related to my current issue. Any ideas? The truck is currently at version 22086 rev 415. VIN is 1FTFW1E82MFB52748

Thanks in advance!
FDRS does maint on Sundays, I've had it go stupid 10p EST on saturday. If updates don't register as complete after leaving the truck alone for 15m or so, in FDRS hit the envelope in the top right, select the clear vehicle cache option (center of the screen, the top option I believe). This will delete everything your local FDRS knows about your vehicle. Then you go through the read vin, continue and FDRS will go over every software component in the truck and report that to FDRS master server as the latest software. I've had that work 3 times now when an update was 'stuck'. Based on the fact that my dealer's FDRS was showing the module not updated as well, It's the basis for the theory that there's a live / working server and a master config server that aren't always on the same page.

My truck however right now is still showing a PCM update, even though there isn't one. That trick worked with GWM and APIM modules. My theory is that there's 2 levels to the servers and by plugging into a 'new' vehicle, it provides the master server with a live update of what exactly is in the vehicle which is what you'd want if you had to replace modules in the vehicle vs the usual 'updates' that aren't viewed as a priority to ford -- why dealers want to charge to install them.

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors

telbert1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
FDRS does maint on Sundays, I've had it go stupid 10p EST on saturday. If updates don't register as complete after leaving the truck alone for 15m or so, in FDRS hit the envelope in the top right, select the clear vehicle cache option (center of the screen, the top option I believe). This will delete everything your local FDRS knows about your vehicle. Then you go through the read vin, continue and FDRS will go over every software component in the truck and report that to FDRS master server as the latest software. I've had that work 3 times now when an update was 'stuck'. Based on the fact that my dealer's FDRS was showing the module not updated as well, It's the basis for the theory that there's a live / working server and a master config server that aren't always on the same page.

My truck however right now is still showing a PCM update, even though there isn't one. That trick worked with GWM and APIM modules. My theory is that there's 2 levels to the servers and by plugging into a 'new' vehicle, it provides the master server with a live update of what exactly is in the vehicle which is what you'd want if you had to replace modules in the vehicle vs the usual 'updates' that aren't viewed as a priority to ford -- why dealers want to charge to install them.

Awesome, that was it! Files are copying to USB right now. Thanks a ton!!!

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Just finished updating my truck. Had PCM/ABS/BCM/APIM and head light control module. Updates installed without issue. Took about 2 hours. Sync says it's now on 23031 Rev 713. My hands free driving expiration date updated to 10/6/2073 (yea 50 years from now. I'll be long expired... lol).

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
Does anyone else notice the sound system is much louder than before all the updates via FDRS
sounded great before now its even better Unleashed system

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Just finished updating my truck. Had PCM/ABS/BCM/APIM and head light control module. Updates installed without issue. Took about 2 hours. Sync says it's now on 23031 Rev 713. My hands free driving expiration date updated to 10/6/2073 (yea 50 years from now. I'll be long expired... lol).
That list of updates is identical to what @antho informed me that my Powerboost has in the queue.

I don't know what is suddenly wrong with me, but I'm not inclined to license-up and do the updates.

I think I've found myself at a point where I want to know specifically what an update is addressing before I will risk my PERFECTLY behaving/performing truck.

Man what a difference a year makes. 😁
I was an FDRS update junkie

dzacco

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Just want to give a heads-up there are New Mongoose modules available on eBay for $400. I'm not associated with the seller as he's from Canada, but I just purchased one. He has 4 more available at this time.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/125822263483

Sponsored

TimPBF150

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost. 2024 F150 Lightning Flash ER
Hi all, If someone could do a lookup for me in FDRS to see if I have any updates available that would be appreciated. I did some updates about a month ago that I was told new updates would become available over the next month or so. Thank you.

1FTFW1ED2MFC02951

YzermanTopShelf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat Powerboost
I'm trying to update my truck to Blue Cruise (it is a '21) and I'm at the part that requires the USB drive. The files has been downloaded to the drive and I've plugged the drive into the truck. Unfortunately I'm not getting any message on the SYNC touchscreen. In the top left corner of the screen I saw that the truck was indexing the USB drive, but I've never received the "Do not remove USB" message or "Restart Required". I left the truck sitting for at least 30 minutes (because it shut off and the max idle was 30 minutes). I've turned off the 30 minute max idle to see if it just needs to sit longer.

What has been other's experience? Has anyone else never seen a message regarding the USB drive? Should I just let the truck sit?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm trying to update my truck to Blue Cruise (it is a '21) and I'm at the part that requires the USB drive. The files has been downloaded to the drive and I've plugged the drive into the truck. Unfortunately I'm not getting any message on the SYNC touchscreen. In the top left corner of the screen I saw that the truck was indexing the USB drive, but I've never received the "Do not remove USB" message or "Restart Required". I left the truck sitting for at least 30 minutes (because it shut off and the max idle was 30 minutes). I've turned off the 30 minute max idle to see if it just needs to sit longer.

What has been other's experience? Has anyone else never seen a message regarding the USB drive? Should I just let the truck sit?
Worst case scenario just use your truck as you normally do, but don't remove the USB drive.
There's a relatively high probability that one day in the near future the truck will suddenly apply the update.

And at that point your truck should be out of update purgatory.

CanuckActual

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Started updating my truck this morning with the mongoose and ran into an issue:
-successfully updated GWM
-APIM update appeared, so I did that next. Got the update successful message and was prompted to return the usb to my computer. Now FDRS says it’s unable to communicate with the vehicle. I reran the mongoose install/vehicle/device checks with no issues.

Any ideas?

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS A3413E76-881A-43A6-9F7D-34242D0ED697

edit:

Chose NO, turned ignition off as instructed, now see this:
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS image

Last edited:

DrTone

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Raptor, 2022 Tremor 402a
Does anyone else notice the sound system is much louder than before all the updates via FDRS
sounded great before now its even better Unleashed system
Hmmm, I find it hard to believe they would have done something to increase the volume. But inquiring minds want to know...
Sponsored