First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Can someone remind me/re-educate me on why it doesn't work currently on Raptors?? Most appear to have the CMR cameras in the cab, but only 4 versus 6 front parking sensors, and I image they are lacking the front bliss sensors, but that is just a guess.
I don't know the technical reasons on 22 and up models, but I know of a 21 Raptor that BC works 100% on no problems. Granted there was some tinkering done with the software to make it work, but AFAIK no hardware was installed for it to work.
Sponsored

Flash69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum on order
The Canadian version tells me this:
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 931B9093-3077-49DB-88D9-007264A18F2F

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
I don't know the technical reasons on 22 and up models, but I know of a 21 Raptor that BC works 100% on no problems. Granted there was some tinkering done with the software to make it work, but AFAIK no hardware was installed for it to work.
Exactly...the '21 Raptors were supposed to be BC capable but it got turned off. There is a TSB or SSM about it in the system somewhere. The decision was made (for whatever reason) that it wasn't going to be enabled.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Can someone remind me/re-educate me on why it doesn't work currently on Raptors?? Most appear to have the CMR cameras in the cab, but only 4 versus 6 front parking sensors, and I image they are lacking the front bliss sensors, but that is just a guess.
It is far from satisfactory, but this is Ford’s official explanation:

REASON FOR THIS ACTION
Ford’s advanced BlueCruise hands-free driving technology has started rolling out to a wide variety of customers, beginning with more than 50,000 F-150 and Mustang Mach-E vehicles already equipped with the feature produced at our plants starting last July. Ford knows Raptor truck customers want the best of everything, which is why we delivered our most off-road capable version of the truck ever with plans to combine it with BlueCruise for breakthrough hands-free, on-road driving.
We found in the final stages of software development that this specific implementation does not meet Ford and our customers’ highest standards when combined with the purpose-built off-road suspension and capability that our Raptor truck customers expect. As a result, Ford will refund customers the $795 hardware prep kit price and make new customers aware they are not being charged for the feature.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10213734-0001.pdf

YACO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Lariat PB
Can someone list the updates available for my truck please?

Much appreciated: 1FTFW1ED6MFB47646

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
:)

topgun964

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Raptor
Well after about 4.5 hours of updating I am finally on 22228. It took several GWM and APIM updates to get there. Everything seemed to be working last night but I had a problem with carplay connecting on my way to work today. I was never able to get it to wirelessly connect. I was able to use the USB but that is not ideal. I tried deleting the phone from the phone list but that did nothing and would not remove the phone. Can you think of anything to try?

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS Capture1.JPG

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS Capture3.JPG

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS Inked3

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Well after about 4.5 hours of updating I am finally on 22228. It took several GWM and APIM updates to get there. Everything seemed to be working last night but I had a problem with carplay connecting on my way to work today. I was never able to get it to wirelessly connect. I was able to use the USB but that is not ideal. I tried deleting the phone from the phone list but that did nothing and would not remove the phone. Can you think of anything to try?

Capture1.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Inked3.jpg
Try network reset on your phone.

It will forget all WIFI networks stored but it has worked for me when I had that issue.

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Try network reset on your phone.

It will forget all WIFI networks stored but it has worked for me when I had that issue.
also make sure you are deleting both the phone from the car and the car from your phone. You may have done this already but only mentioned deleting the phone from the car

Sponsored

topgun964

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Raptor
also make sure you are deleting both the phone from the car and the car from your phone. You may have done this already but only mentioned deleting the phone from the car
When I try to delete it from the truck, it does nothing. I can remove it from my phone with no problem.

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
When I try to delete it from the truck, it does nothing. I can remove it from my phone with no problem.
If you can’t delete it from your truck I would power off your phone completely and disconnect it from usb( if it’s connected). Turn off your truck then turn it back on and try again

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Good to know, ya I figured if everything was there hardware, why couldn't you fiddle with it to make everything work like it should. I imagine they just disabled it software wise on the 22s unless they removed something hardware wise as well, but I almost doubt that.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
So I made 1 change in forscan on my truck on 11/04/22 to enable unreal mode in sync. I have since pulled my as built from the Motorcraft site every day at 8:00 am when I get to work. As of today the change has not propagated up to the Motorcraft site. When it does ill let you all know.
UPDATE;
I checked my Motorcraft as built data this morning, as I have done every morning for the last month, and this morning I see that the change I made in Forscan on 11/04 has now propagated up to Ford's servers. I don't know when it uploaded but it had to be sometime between 8:30 am on 12/01/22 and 8:30 am on 12/02/22 . 27 days

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
UPDATE;
I checked my Motorcraft as built data this morning, as I have done every morning for the last month, and this morning I see that the change I made in Forscan on 11/04 has now propagated up to Ford's servers. I don't know when it uploaded but it had to be sometime between 8:30 am on 12/01/22 and 8:30 am on 12/02/22 . 27 days
Vehicle scans are now working more reliably. So if you did a vehicle scan in FDRS they are now workign almost immedietly.

So this is good news
Sponsored