Sponsored

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
Anyone that did the update and does not see alexa and wants alexa you need to do a master reset. It will show after that.
Haven't looked for the Alexa piece yet.

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
Anyone else having trouble getting into FDRS?

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Here's Jesse's suggestion
(how do these gurus figure this stuff out so fast? And why would Ford NOT enable the eye candy rendering after they installed it?)

Picture can't do it justice.
The Unreal Engine renders EVERYTHING far crisper and with a depth you will love.

Text is amazing
And the blacks are incredible
OMG that looks awesome! I think I know what I'm doing this weekend now. I knew I caught a black theme on the screens on those 23 super dutys a few weeks ago, and was hoping that would trickle down here soon.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
OMG that looks awesome! I think I know what I'm doing this weekend now. I knew I caught a black theme on the screens on those 23 super dutys a few weeks ago, and was hoping that would trickle down here soon.
I've always felt that Sync4 was a good looking UI for FORD. The best they had ever done.
But I didn't have the bar as high as I might have for some other devices and manufacturers.

Graphically they just stepped up to the plate big time.

The Instrument Cluster and Sync4 combined are now visually on another plane than what I ever imagined would be in an F150. I enjoy visual quality.

Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
I've always felt that Sync4 was a good looking UI for FORD. The best they had ever done.
But I didn't have the bar as high as I might have for some other devices and manufacturers.

Graphically they just stepped up to the plate big time.

The Instrument Cluster and Sync4 combined are now visually on another plane than what I ever imagined would be in an F150. I enjoy visual quality.
I would definitely agree. I've really enjoyed using Sync 4 over the past year and has worked great for me, I just thought it was sorta lacking in what it could do. Its an awesome and big 12" screen don't get me wrong, but when it does all the exact same things the 8" does pretty much, it didn't really blow me away. I can just stare at what sirius station I'm listening to in twice the size, but the nav is really nice and I've used it when needed from time to time.

Hopefully moving forward with more updates and better software they can start to address that and build on the foundation they've laid out thus far. Just getting the expanded Carplay/AA screen is a huge plus and don't see that on many other brands at the moment.

I'm a stickler for nice graphics as well so excited to see how those look! That's also why I have a new 4K projector on my christmas list 😁

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
Here's Jesse's suggestion
(how do these gurus figure this stuff out so fast? And why would Ford NOT enable the eye candy rendering after they installed it?)

Picture can't do it justice.
The Unreal Engine renders EVERYTHING far crisper and with a depth you will love.

Text is amazing
And the blacks are incredible

20221007_203722.jpg

20221007_203632.jpg
Any downside to switching over to the new engine? Does it prevent future updates, etc?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I honestly don't know if it would cause any kind of issue. But nothing will inhibit my truck from getting updates unless FDRS becomes unavailable.

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
I honestly don't know if it would cause any kind of issue. But nothing will inhibit my truck from getting updates unless FDRS becomes unavailable.
I imagine every new truck coming out of the factory will have this interface so It can't be that big of a risk

Sponsored

heffer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A
I was able to update my Feb 2021 build to 22228 and enable the unreal engine for the new UI. I did the master reset and reset the module via forscan and I still don't have the Alexa. I have attached my ForScan APIM module values if anyone have an idea to enable it.

Attachments

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I have figured out the secret to getting ford to drop us a big update in FDRS. I just have to go on a long road trip away from my laptop and FDRS. Blue Cruise dropped on March while I was on a 6 day road trip, and now Alexa/Full Screen/Unreal drops on day one of a 5 day trip.

you guys are welcome.
:)