Sponsored

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Newest DSP software is to address a loud pop followed by static upon start-up in the B&O systems, not misdirected chimes.

SSM 51663 2021-2023 F-150/Expedition - Pop Noise And/Or Static In Speakers At Start Up
2021-2023 F-150/Expedition may exhibit a pop noise and/or static in the speakers at start up that cannot be turned down or off using the audio system controls. To correct the condition, reprogram the audio digital signal processing module (DSP) to the latest software level using the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS) diagnostic scan tool. For claiming, use causal part 18B849 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.
F*cking Ford does it again. I installed this DSP update, and like everyone else, it is still showing in FDRS - but that's not the bad part. Just yesterday I had the rear speakers cut out when on CarPlay, which has NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE until this sh*tty update. Someone needs to fire their entire software team. This new guy from Apple doesn't seem to have fixed a damn thing with the quality of their OTA process.
Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
F*cking Ford does it again. I installed this DSP update, and like everyone else, it is still showing in FDRS - but that's not the bad part. Just yesterday I had the rear speakers cut out when on CarPlay, which has NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE until this sh*tty update. Someone needs to fire their entire software team. This new guy from Apple doesn't seem to have fixed a damn thing with the quality of their OTA process.
I don't know for sure whether you can blame the software itself this time. For me and at least one other person (@Mike G) it looks like the software failed to install. FDRS says it was supposed to update the software to -BN but it stayed at the same level (-BH for me, -AJ for Mike) after the update. Going through the downloaded files from FDRS, something looks hinky with the bootloader. Usually, the bootloader file starts with M for me (M=2021) but this time it started with an F, which makes no sense.

So, use FORScan, FDRS or the as-built data and verify if your DSP software updated to -BN. If it didn't, the software failed to install and your issue could be for reasons other than the software. Perhaps just the act of resetting the DSP during the install attempt threw something off. Try a forced module reset or cut the power to the DSP, give it some time to power down and then power back up and see if that does anything.

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I don't know for sure whether you can blame the software itself this time. For me and at least one other person (@Mike G) it looks like the software failed to install. FDRS says it was supposed to update the software to -BN but it stayed at the same level (-BH for me, -AJ for Mike) after the update. Going through the downloaded files from FDRS, something looks hinky with the bootloader. Usually, the bootloader file starts with M for me (M=2021) but this time it started with an F, which makes no sense.

So, use FORScan, FDRS or the as-built data and verify if your DSP software updated to -BN. If it didn't, the software failed to install and your issue could be for reasons other than the software. Perhaps just the act of resetting the DSP during the install attempt threw something off. Try a forced module reset or cut the power to the DSP, give it some time to power down and then power back up and see if that does anything.
Currently it's ML3T-14C589-AJ.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Your update failed to install, which also explains why it didn’t clear the FDRS queue. You’ll need to wait until Ford fixes it, which might take awhile. It took several months for them to get the GSM right—a little less time for the ABS. Hopefully not as long this time. The pop and static is unsettling and dangerous.

What B&O system do you have? I don’t recall ever updating my DSP software in the past so I can’t figure out why I’m starting with a higher version than you and @Mike G.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
That is the old one. The new one Is

ML8T-14C589-AB

It doesnt reflect in FDRs that the new one is installed that is why it doesnt go away in the updates

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Not for everybody. At least for the Unleashed on a ‘21 the newest software is ML3T-14C589-BN, according to FDRS.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Mine shows to have updated and still shows in FDRS. These are the files that changed.
ML3T-14C589-BK to ML3T-14C589-BN
ML3T-14C656-BJ to ML3T-14C656-CD

If you have unleashed you will update to BN
ML3T-14C589-BN
"Harman Sapphire 10 channel Application"

non Unleashed will update to AB
ML8T-14C589-AB
"Harman Sapphire 06 channel Application"

Last edited:

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Mine shows to have updated and still shows in FDRS. These are the files that changed.
ML3T-14C589-BK to ML3T-14C589-BN
ML3T-14C656-BJ to ML3T-14C656-CD

If you have unleashed you will update to BN
ML3T-14C589-BN
"Harman Sapphire 10 channel Application"

non Unleashed will update to AB
ML8T-14C589-AB
"Harman Sapphire 06 channel Application"
When did you do the update?

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
A few days ago. Mine updated but hasnt been sent back to the server. So it still shows avail to update. like @Jesse-Infotainment mentioned.
Got it. I took another look. Motorcraft website is still reporting -BH for me. FDRS is similarly reporting -BH after a network scan just now. FORScan, however, is reporting -BN. I can understand Motorcraft being delayed. Happens all the time when you make FORScan configuration changes. I thought FDRS read data directly from the module and would update immediately. Guess not. It must also rely on the server. So, FORScan is the only way to know immediately (and reliably) what your current software version is?

I can’t always see @Jesse-Infotainment ’s posts. He has decided to block me so we frequently talk past one another.

ryanpharris83

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2.7L EcoBoost Sport
What's the latest OTA version currently being sent out for 2021 F150