First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
This is a little off topic, but I wonder what the thought is about time between checking for updates on FDRS. I updated my truck on Sept 10th. What would be a reasonable time to wait?
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
This is a little off topic, but I wonder what the thought is about time between checking for updates on FDRS. I updated my truck on Sept 10th. What would be a reasonable time to wait?
Do you mean when should you pony up license fee$ again?

So far the community has been fortunate to have someone(s) with active license that will generously check for others. So there's no reason to ri$k 50. :)

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
It seems that Ford is releasing updates roughly once a quarter. December/January will likely be the next time there may be something worthwhile to get a license for updates again.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Do you mean when should you pony up license fee$ again?

So far the community has been fortunate to have someone(s) with active license that will generously check for others. So there's no reason to ri$k 50. :)
The members on this forum are generous in supplying update information from FDRS. What I was wondering, is how often should someone rely on that generosity and have a member check for updates on their truck. Once a month, every two months or more?

Also, when a member does check for someone and uploads a picture of their outstanding updates or other information, how is that screen shot taken in FDRS?

FYI ..... In Canada, it is $67.37 with exchange and fees.....LOL

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The members on this forum are generous in supplying update information from FDRS. What I was wondering, is how often should someone rely on that generosity and have a member check for updates on their truck. Once a month, every two months or more?

Also, when a member does check for someone and uploads a picture of their outstanding updates or other information, how is that screen shot taken in FDRS?

FYI ..... In Canada, it is $67.37 with exchange and fees.....LOL
I bought an annual license when I had my 2021 Platinum Powerboost. It had so many updates that they just kept rolling out every time I thought I had caught up. :)

It's been just the opposite with my Job2 2022, so I doubt I will buy another annual. But who knows? I certainly don't mind using it to help others around here since I don't think I will ever be even with the folks that helped me out. Besides, avoiding just 1 visit to a dealership described by some folks is worth $1000 to avoid. At least to me it is. I want to enjoy this truck rather than be frustrated and have the ownership experience sullied unnecessarily.

So, if you can't get anyone else to look up your VIN, I will.

I do the screenshots with the Windows snipping tool and then upload them to the post or message I post here on the forum.

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I bought an annual license when I had my 2021 Platinum Powerboost. It had so many updates that they just kept rolling out every time I thought I had caught up. :)

It's been just the opposite with my Job2 2022, so I doubt I will buy another annual. But who knows? I certainly don't mind using it to help others around here since I don't think I will ever be even with the folks that helped me out. Besides, avoiding just 1 visit to a dealership described by some folks is worth $1000 to avoid. At least to me it is. I want to enjoy this truck rather than be frustrated and have the ownership experience sullied unnecessarily.

So, if you can't get anyone else to look up your VIN, I will.

I do the screenshots with the Windows snipping tool and then upload them to the post or message I post here on the forum.
My question is because I don't want to bother members for a update on my truck. I am more that willing to get a 2 day license for FDRS. I am just wondering how often should I be looking for updates. I was just curious if anyone had noticed how often they came out for their trucks.

Rodoni

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum
Occupation
FF/P
Hi All,

Happy to be here and overwhelmed with all the information lol. I’ve gone through a lot of threads and now it feels like the information is all blending together.

Just bought a used 21 platinum 700A job 1 truck. It was first on the road march 21. This is the most advanced vehicle I’ve ever owned lol. Im interested in attempting to make sure everything is updated as needed and it sounds like my best bet is to do it myself. I am not sure where I should start with my truck.

specs: Sync 4 Version 21281 revision 244
vin: 1FTFW1E8XMFA54034

I understand some updates take longer than others, use a battery tender, pay attention to shutting down completely , opening the door, etc etc. I just want confirmation on if I even need updates (bought from a dealer but not confident it’s updated), how I should start updates, and which thread to follow for instructions.

Thanks for everyone’s help in advance. There is a wealth of knowledge here

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
Hi All,

Happy to be here and overwhelmed with all the information lol. I’ve gone through a lot of threads and now it feels like the information is all blending together.

Just bought a used 21 platinum 700A job 1 truck. It was first on the road march 21. This is the most advanced vehicle I’ve ever owned lol. Im interested in attempting to make sure everything is updated as needed and it sounds like my best bet is to do it myself. I am not sure where I should start with my truck.

I understand some updates take longer than others, use a battery tender, pay attention to shutting down completely , opening the door, etc etc. I just want confirmation on if I even need updates (bought from a dealer but not confident it’s updated), how I should start updates, and which thread to follow for instructions.

Welcome, are your automatic updates working or is the toggle grayed out?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hi All,

I bet they work. He is at a later Sync Verison.

Here are the updates available for your truck. You do not have BlueCruise. More updates will show as you completethe updates available now. They are released sequentially.
Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1664128057017

Your OTA history is not very successful. So manually updating will be the only way to guarantee successfully getting the truck fully up to date.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1664128283621

Rodoni

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum
Occupation
FF/P
They are not grayed out but it does say there are no updates for my vehicle.

I bet they work. He is at a later Sync Verison.

Here are the updates available for your truck. You do not have BlueCruise. More updates will show as you completethe updates available now. They are released sequentially.
1664128057017.png

Your OTA history is not very successful. So manually updating will be the only way to guarantee successfully getting the truck fully up to date.

1664128283621.png
Thank you for this! So as of now, I should follow the instructions in the first couple of posts in this thread to do these current updates? After those are complete, do I wait a few days for the most current updates to show up to complete them or will they show up as soon as these old ones are completed?

Sponsored

Mwathey515

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PB 3/14/21
Occupation
Retired
Hi All,

My opinion is : buy the tools, follow the instructions & pay attention to @Jesse-Infotainment & your truck will operate as it was designed to if not better, took me 15hrs over 2 days & was worth every bit.

mspinler

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302a
Occupation
IT Manager
Having issues so I'm wondering if more updates have come out since I last updated. Anyone with active FDRS that can check my VIN before I purchase another license? thanks, 1FTFW1CD4MFB42027

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Is it possible to have someone download the updates from FDRS for me, send them to me on a USB and then just have me install it? I don't really care to spend the money upfront for the cable or the licenses for FDRS (between my F150 and my Explorer ST I have 22 updates, so I am sure it would take more than a 2 day license, and may take more than a couple of licenses). Obviously I wouldn't expect any of this to be free, but I also don't care to have my vehicles at the dealership for multiple days only to be disappointed they didn't do anything.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Is it possible to have someone download the updates from FDRS for me, send them to me on a USB and then just have me install it? I don't really care to spend the money upfront for the cable or the licenses for FDRS (between my F150 and my Explorer ST I have 22 updates, so I am sure it would take more than a 2 day license, and may take more than a couple of licenses). Obviously I wouldn't expect any of this to be free, but I also don't care to have my vehicles at the dealership for multiple days only to be disappointed they didn't do anything.
No. Not how it works.