Sponsored

CanuckActual

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
I don't have access to FDRS to give you a list of modules needing an update, but they spent some time on your truck yesterday. They updated the PCM and a few other modules, and I see they pulled many different TSB's for diagnosing different issues which tells me they may have gotten stuck somewhere. However, it seems from what I can see, that the modules they tried to update were successful. They pulled the FSA for BlueCruise programming, as well. I don't see they have attempted to update the IPC, GWM or APIM as well as a few other modules indicative of the updates needed for BlueCruise, but they did work on your truck. They haven't touched it today, though.
Thanks for having a look! I know they were expecting parts today to replace my ABS module,I think they were also going to have it on a charger overnight/today to get the battery where it needs to be for any updates.

Fingers crossed, next step is doing it myself via mongoose once I find a windows PC to borrow 🫤
Sponsored

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
It might be short notice, but my truck has been in the shop since yesterday for a few things, mainly including my wanting them to get my system updated to enable blue cruise etc.

Any way someone could PM me specific steps/what my current issues are/exactly what to tell the service people?

1FTFW1ED4MFA05912

Hugely appreciated 👍🏻
They were pretty busy yesterday on your truck. Attached is a list of the work they did. It still shows quite a few updates pending also.

Attachments

CanuckActual

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
They were pretty busy yesterday on your truck. Attached is a list of the work they did. It still shows quite a few updates pending also.
Thanks a lot for having a look Rick, it does look somewhat promising. It’s hard for me to tell, but does it look like they’re on the right track to you?

I found & read the 21G01 bulletin given to me by the Sync people at Ford corporate. Both the Ford lady & myself gave it to the dealer. Reading through it, it seems to be more or less the exact method explained in this thread. Seems like half the battle is just getting the dealership to look at 21G01. Assuming they actually follow it to the letter (the other half of the battle), it seems like I should get a fully functional truck back?

ETA:
I see they pulled up TSB 22-2150 which seems to indicate they got stuck at 1.7.1 🫤

Last edited:

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
Has anyone else seen issues with changes in Forescan not being updated to Ford servers “As Built” data? I’ve made several changes, some back to the original stock entries months ago but they are not changed with the Ford mothership. I have done several network scan/syncs with the Mongoose via FDRS each time too.

In the truck they show correctly via Forescan but not in the As Built info from Fords site.

Mtntrls

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501a
Has anyone else seen issues with changes in Forescan not being updated to Ford servers “As Built” data? I’ve made several changes, some back to the original stock entries months ago but they are not changed with the Ford mothership. I have done several network scan/syncs with the Mongoose via FDRS each time too.

In the truck they show correctly via Forescan but not in the As Built info from Fords site.
I made about 20 forscan changes when adding IACC, and was checking to see if/when the asbuilt would update on the server side. It didn’t update for at least a week or two. Then, I received the PU0707 update OTA and sure enough everything updated on the server.

Sponsored

Diligenthunter

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
@iceman77

You may want to remove the VCX nano from your original post.

After multiple uninstalls and reinstalls of FDRS, VX Manager and associated drivers, it will it not show up as an option in FDRS.

Buying a mongoose plus after wasting my 1st license.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
@iceman77

You may want to remove the VCX nano from your original post.

After multiple uninstalls and reinstalls of FDRS, VX Manager and associated drivers, it will it not show up as an option in FDRS.

Buying a mongoose plus after wasting my 1st license.
I use a VXNano and havent had issues. Your post history shows you couldnt get it to work over a month ago. Did you ever get it to work or have you been trying to get it to work over the month?
Regardless, The mongoose is a good call. Hopefully its not a PC issues and you have the same results with the mongoose.

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
I use a VXNano and havent had issues. Your post history shows you couldnt get it to work over a month ago. Did you ever get it to work or have you been trying to get it to work over the month?
Regardless, The mongoose is a good call. Hopefully its not a PC issues and you have the same results with the mongoose.
I've used a nano the whole time. Don't network update and don't have a CCM so had nothing to brick there.

A mongoose is certainly a better option yup but I was on a budget :)

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
I

I don’t see the update in my FDRS Que. @jessie-infotainment can my VIN take the upgrade? If so could you shoot it to me please sir?
The new APIM update he is helping people with is for the 2022MY. Its not available for 2021.

CanuckActual

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
@RickBullotta @rugedraw

Any change either of you could have a quick look at my VIN again? Radio silence from the dealership yesterday, just wondering whether they’ve been able to make any progress. Either way, I’m not planning on leaving it with them over the weekend, just wanting to get an idea of what to expect when I pick it up at the end of the day / be more informed when I’m in there.

Thanks again, blown away by the amount of knowledge and willingness of others to help out on this forum!

1FTFW1ED4MFA05912

Sponsored

ZamoJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Sport Appearance Lead Foot 5.0
Hi all

Haven’t been here for a while.

Does anyone know what these updates are for?

22-PU0727-VI-FXA

22-PU0706-SCH-POPA

Which module do they pertain to and what is each update for?

Thanks

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
@RickBullotta @rugedraw

Any change either of you could have a quick look at my VIN again? Radio silence from the dealership yesterday, just wondering whether they’ve been able to make any progress. Either way, I’m not planning on leaving it with them over the weekend, just wanting to get an idea of what to expect when I pick it up at the end of the day / be more informed when I’m in there.

Thanks again, blown away by the amount of knowledge and willingness of others to help out on this forum!

1FTFW1ED4MFA05912
Looks like they worked on it quite a bit a little bit on the 21st (looks like maybe a new module got installed), quite a bit on the 22nd (mostly regarding issues with the anti-lock brakes), and not much on the 23rd although they looked at the procedure/FSA 21G01 for installing BlueCruise (but did not appear to start and of the updates).

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hi all

Haven’t been here for a while.

Does anyone know what these updates are for?

22-PU0727-VI-FXA

22-PU0706-SCH-POPA

Which module do they pertain to and what is each update for?

Thanks
Those updates are for the APIM and GWM. They are to prepare your truck for future updates. It is the equivalent of 3.5.2 on the 22MY trucks.

Diligenthunter

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Just to do a final check, I tried one more time.
Completely removed all traces of the first install.

Followed the guide exactly, upon starting FDRS “FDRS has detected an issue with VCI Software”

Wants me to update it, but the update link is down. I have it saved from the original time I did this but the instructions on the first post say nothing about this.

FDRS version 33.5.3
VCX - NANO firmware 1.9.1.2
VX Manager 1.8.6.1224