EcoPlat

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302a EcoBoost
OK,

June 9th, they hooked up to it but didn't do anything. 1 network scan but no update effort of any kind

June 13th, first procedure was an APIM update that failed due to battery condition. (notorious for ignoring the necessity for keeping battery on charger during the long procedure. This is why the pro's aren't really professional)
Then 5 attempts to run the "module update repair" procedure on the APIM/TCU
The first 4 attempts failed with the notorious "ethernet adapter" issues
The 5th attempt succeeded and the repair was accomplished, resulting in the "update" now being possible to apply.

So attempt #1 of APIM failed at part number validation point
End of June 13

June 15,
They ran a reset procedure on the APIM
Then the APIM update procedure failed due to battery condition
They then ran a "reset battery monitor sensor learned values" procedure, and called it a day.

June 16

APIM update
Battery condition warning and part number validation failure

They then for some reason returned to the Module Update Repair procedure a couple more times. I don't know what they are thinking.

And that's it.

They still have not successfully updated a single module, including the APIM.

I know I am coming across as a jerk towards the service guys. I don't mean it personally. But everyone who has attempted to do this themselves have done a much more productive job.
Thank you very much, I really mean that. I will "talk" with them tomorrow but I am really leaning towards doing it myself.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I seriously believe that if you can get your battery up to 12.6 and it STAY there, and you have a decent internet connection, and you follow the USB instructions perfectly, your APIM update will succeed.

After that, you are off to the races

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OK, I'm asking for a friend, but would a completely up to date Job1 2021 have the cameras at speed at this point?

I should know this but now I have a 2022 and my brain has shifted focus.

If the answer is yes, what would be the Sync Build # necessary?

(This is with zero efforts with Forscan, I'm referring to)

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
OK, I'm asking for a friend, but would a completely up to date Job1 2021 have the cameras at speed at this point?

The one I traded did have the bed camera on the side card. It was an up-to-date '21 Job 1. If there were supposed to be other camera views I never explored that. Just the one showing the bed is all I used.

Mike

EcoPlat

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302a EcoBoost
OK,

June 9th, they hooked up to it but didn't do anything. 1 network scan but no update effort of any kind

June 13th, first procedure was an APIM update that failed due to battery condition. (notorious for ignoring the necessity for keeping battery on charger during the long procedure. This is why the pro's aren't really professional)
Then 5 attempts to run the "module update repair" procedure on the APIM/TCU
The first 4 attempts failed with the notorious "ethernet adapter" issues
The 5th attempt succeeded and the repair was accomplished, resulting in the "update" now being possible to apply.

So attempt #1 of APIM failed at part number validation point
End of June 13

June 15,
They ran a reset procedure on the APIM
Then the APIM update procedure failed due to battery condition
They then ran a "reset battery monitor sensor learned values" procedure, and called it a day.

June 16

APIM update
Battery condition warning and part number validation failure

They then for some reason returned to the Module Update Repair procedure a couple more times. I don't know what they are thinking.

And that's it.

They still have not successfully updated a single module, including the APIM.

I know I am coming across as a jerk towards the service guys. I don't mean it personally. But everyone who has attempted to do this themselves have done a much more productive job.
Does any know what a "part number validation failure" means?

Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G

Yes they should as I have them at speed now and am a Job 1 2021 truck. I got them when I hit Sync version 22034 Rev 364

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Yes they should as I have them at speed now and am a Job 1 2021 truck. I got them when I hit Sync version 22034 Rev 364
Thanks, I'm at 22087 rev. 415. I just went and double checked the truck, No side card for cameras in motion. Any ideas? I can get in there with forscan if needed.

Autofill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Interesting. I’ve been waiting months for updates. I noticed some folks mentioned that the truck being on WiFi doesn’t make a difference as far as updates so I went into truck settings and removed it from my WiFi network the other day. Today it applied 2.6.0.
I think my home network may have been interfering with the updates.

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Thanks, I'm at 22087 rev. 415. I just went and double checked the truck, No side card for cameras in motion. Any ideas? I can get in there with forscan if needed.
Not sure why you don't have the bed camera in the side card. My '21 job 1 got that when the dealer got me to rev 364. I'm at 421 now via OTA updates. Now the bed camera is available while in motion from the side card or the main screen. I think it's better from the side card. It's distracting to me when displayed on the main screen while in motion.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS IMG_2036

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
Interesting. I’ve been waiting months for updates. I noticed some folks mentioned that the truck being on WiFi doesn’t make a difference as far as updates so I went into truck settings and removed it from my WiFi network the other day. Today it applied 2.6.0.
I think my home network may have been interfering with the updates.
Seems to download them when you're out and about and your 12V battery is at > 80% SOC and you're in a good coverage area for AT&T (it's using the truck's TCU at that point). I'd set the update schedules to daily at some time you're commuting in or around a large urban area if possible.

You're right, they don't seem to kick off at home in the garage at night on house wifi.

Mike

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Seems to download them when you're out and about and your 12V battery is at > 80% SOC and you're in a good coverage area for AT&T (it's using the truck's TCU at that point). I'd set the update schedules to daily at some time you're commuting in or around a large urban area if possible.

You're right, they don't seem to kick off at home in the garage at night on house wifi.

Mike
To add to this - Mine tried to update when I was in town doing some shopping. That is when I got noticed it tried to update.

EDIT: I think I will change my update time to 1 PM... that is when I am at work in town and not on a weak cel signal, also the battery will be at full charge. Will see if anything changes.

Last edited:

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
so did everyone (except newer 22s and the 5.0s) get the PCM update? id love to do that, but probably not going to buy another license until they push me more updates like another APIM. no OTAs in a few weeks now. us 302As need love too.

if any of you dfw guys wanna meet up sometime, i can bring the 6 pack.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In the DFW area you might wanna clarify expectations of a 6-pack.
Might be a broader definition than you were thinking. :)

If you were down on the Texas coast, you could pull in my barn and plug your truck into a scan. No gift required good sir. Lol

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
so did everyone (except newer 22s and the 5.0s) get the PCM update? id love to do that, but probably not going to buy another license until they push me more updates like another APIM. no OTAs in a few weeks now. us 302As need love too.

if any of you dfw guys wanna meet up sometime, i can bring the 6 pack.
I don’t need a 6 pack. I don’t drink but you’re always welcome to make the drive to my office in Arlington.

You can checkout the 2019 f150 I just installed the 12” sync 4 into

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
^hell yeah. i might take you up on that some time. im over in rockwall.

you mention office...weekdays only?
Sponsored