Sponsored

Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Even if the ring light option is a "no go" adding a small media light to the rear cupholder housing could be a nice compromise. I'll have to measure and break out the Dremel. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Even if the ring light option is a "no go" adding a small media light to the rear cupholder housing could be a nice compromise. I'll have to measure and break out the Dremel. :)
I think the way he did it is got the finger cup holders, unbolted the bottom, cut the light ring in 2 halves(not 100 percent sure here but thats my guess), sanded the cup holder down to make the ring fit(it might not have needed to be sanded at all), then put the bottoms back on. how the lights are mounted is the one im most curious about. I personally have a light ring and lights but no cup holder to try and make work. I persued this in my 22 super duty but couldnt make anything work because of where the USB and power point are. all cup holders were too deep and hit them.

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
I think the way he did it is got the finger cup holders, unbolted the bottom, cut the light ring in 2 halves(not 100 percent sure here but thats my guess), sanded the cup holder down to make the ring fit(it might not have needed to be sanded at all), then put the bottoms back on. how the lights are mounted is the one im most curious about. I personally have a light ring and lights but no cup holder to try and make work. I persued this in my 22 super duty but couldnt make anything work because of where the USB and power point are. all cup holders were too deep and hit them.
That's how I think @Buddy726 did it too and when I got my rear cupholder with the fingers that's what I was going to try to do, but I got impatient and didn't want to mess anything up so I went ahead and just installed it without pursuing it any further. However, since it's already been done I would like to see pictures of it to see if he did it as you described. His description was vague so hopefully he will follow up with more detail and pictures.

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
That's how I think @Buddy726 did it too and when I got my rear cupholder with the fingers that's what I was going to try to do, but I got impatient and didn't want to mess anything up so I went ahead and just installed it without pursuing it any further. However, since it's already been done I would like to see pictures of it to see if he did it as you described. His description was vague so hopefully he will follow up with more detail and pictures.
Absolutely, and more detailed information would be very appreciated from everyone on this forum.

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
If someone wants to send me their finger cup ill mod it. whats the non finger cup look like anyone got pictures of the underside of it?

Sponsored

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
Looks Great
I found out that if you lay Kleenex or extra rags/towels near the inside outer edge of the glove box it will cut back or down on the “light reflection”.
This is due to the brushed chrome that is laying inside at the edge of the upper glove box interior area.
-not a big issue however, I did find out it’s a reflection seeping through the bottom area and not the position of the light itself.
If you wanted to get real creative, you could lay a piece of thin, black tape on the inside where the door would close, but I chose to packet full of towels etc

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Good lord, someone has one of the rear cup holder with spring fingers for sale for $150 on eBay😵💫

Sponsored

Service_Merchandise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150
Looks Great
I found out that if you lay Kleenex or extra rags/towels near the inside outer edge of the glove box it will cut back or down on the “light reflection”.
This is due to the brushed chrome that is laying inside at the edge of the upper glove box interior area.
-not a big issue however, I did find out it’s a reflection seeping through the bottom area and not the position of the light itself.
If you wanted to get real creative, you could lay a piece of thin, black tape on the inside where the door would close, but I chose to packet full of towels etc
I actually did it purposely. My 2016 had some mood lighting above the glovebox. I love the new interior but the glove box area looked so dim at night compared to the rest of the interior. Especially after seeing some light in that area for 7 years or so.

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light Screenshot_20230510_150612_Facebook

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
Good lord, someone has one of the rear cup holder with spring fingers for sale for $150 on eBay😵💫
So true, that’s where I got mine but you need to put in a low bid and see if the seller will take it. Patience is the key.
Plan to go back-and-forth a little bit (bidding) if you want it.
They are hard to come by and less you look at a junkyard /salvage yard
I actually did it purposely. My 2016 had some mood lighting above the glovebox. I love the new interior but the glove box area looked so dim at night compared to the rest of the interior. Especially after seeing some light in that area for 7 years or so.

Screenshot_20230510_150612_Facebook.jpg
ok,
Never thought of that🤔🤔👍🏻

McTremor22

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 Tremor
Occupation
Plumber/HVAC tech
So true, that’s where I got mine but you need to put in a low bid and see if the seller will take it. Patience is the key.
Plan to go back-and-forth a little bit (bidding) if you want it.
They are hard to come by and less you look at a junkyard /salvage yard
same here. Probably the same guy. He must have a stockpile or something 😂.
Sponsored