Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light

Tremor14

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Aviator
In surprised they had one! These have been on back order for months unfortunately. The ONLY way to get them currently is find a dealer that will allow you to keep a back order in place without canceling.
No doubt the less than optimistic view painted by @Snakebitten ’s local dealer where hev ordered is why he was surprised they materialized.
The date I was given for next batch is 8/29…that will only go to those on the list.
Dealer asked if I wanted to cancel. I told him to hang onto the one he has and ship all when they come in. I'm not expecting my truck until at least mid September, so they hopefully will be available by then.
Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Added some accent lighting from f150 LEDs. What to guys think?

20220813_204912.jpg

20220813_204627.jpg
I was wondering how they looked and matched the existing leds. It looks great!

How does it look when they are off? That was another concern. That they look cheap and out of place when they are off.

Service_Merchandise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150
I was wondering how they looked and matched the existing leds. It looks great!

How does it look when they are off? That was another concern. That they look cheap and out of place when they are off.
Honestly I don't notice them in the daytime but I do understand your concern as this was a problem with the last generation. The instructions say to let the excess wire hang inside the console and run the connector wire down the side. I didn't like it, so I removed the side panels and ran the wires behind the panel out of sight. I will post a daytime picture for you tomorrow.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Honestly I don't notice them in the daytime but I do understand your concern as this was a problem with the last generation. The instructions say to let the excess wire hang inside the console and run the connector wire down the side. I didn't like it, so I removed the side panels and ran the wires behind the panel out of sight. I will post a daytime picture for you tomorrow.
Thanks! I appreciate it and great idea about hiding the cables.

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I more or less read the entire thread, but I couldn’t find much info. I saw one person ask if this is possible to do on a 302a and the response they got was “I think it might not be possible

I saw another post where it said only higher trim trucks have the wiring for the cup holder and cubby lights.

as I read through the thread I kept seeing lariat and KR trucks mentioned, not XLT. I think this answers my question, but just to be safe I’ll explicitly ask:

Are these lights Able to be installed in an XLT 302a? I ordered the parts earlier today but will cancel if it cannot be done

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
Are these lights Able to be installed in an XLT 302a? I ordered the parts earlier today but will cancel if it cannot be done
Yes. There are XLT folks on this thread that have done it. If you look at their "vehicles" under the posts user name you will some.

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Yes. There are XLT folks on this thread that have done it. If you look at their "vehicles" under the posts user name you will some.
Gotcha, thanks for that. I started looking at signatures about 3/4 of the way through. It’s long enough I didn’t wanna go back through the thread

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
I removed all my trim, what a party that was! So folks know where the clips are, here is the backside of the center trim. If you have a problem getting the ignition corner free, you can remove the knee panel under the column and get full access to it.

I would be curious if anyone has their center trim off or can recall a specific set of tabs. I have two areas where it looks like a tab that was part of the trim have broken off. But there was no broken piece or witness marks on dash in these areas, so its a head scratcher. The drawing shows projections, but there is no obvious place for them to interact with the dash unless they caught the underside edge over the glovebox area. I would have expected to see the broken off bits behind in the glovebox or on the passenger mat, but nothing. I'm trying to convince myself they were removed at the factory or part of production, but that sounds like a stretch.

Appreciate any insight.

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light Trim01.JPG

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light Trim02.JPG

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light trim03.JPG

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light trim04.JPG

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light trim06.JPG

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light trim05.JPG

Last edited:

64Wing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Fusion Titanium, 2022 F150 SCREW Lariat 502a
Occupation
Aviation
OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
I need to ask this for everyone who has gotten a harness this applies to the cup holder. Has anyones harness been short or super tight? or is it long enough to make the connection sucessfully without being overly tight?

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
I need to ask this for everyone who has gotten a harness this applies to the cup holder. Has anyones harness been short or super tight? or is it long enough to make the connection sucessfully without being overly tight?
I’m still waiting on my truck or I would have reached out to you. I’ll definitely let you know though.
Thank you again.
Sponsored