Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Its been done .magnaflow or borla heard this w my own esrs sounded pretty good
Cannot make a 6 sound good. Dont care what brand you use. Loud blender.
Sponsored

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
So when was the last time Shelby, Roush or Saleen used a V6 to modify? Most likely never. I've only seen V8s and there must be a reason.
You're using marketing as justification? The reason is that's what they do: work with V8s because that's their brand.

Ford literally built a LeMans racecar around the 3.5 EcoBoost, and that engine was built by RoushYates...yes, as in Jack Roush.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
True...but a lot more fun walking away from those noisy V8's quietly... looking at them in the rear view mirror...Just saying...;););)
You are comparing apples and bowling balls.

Care to try a boosted v8 vs your boosted 6?

Have to boost a 6 to get decent power, whereas an 8 gets decent power naturally. And that 6 wont touch it boosted.

Benefit of the 8. Good as is or a beast if you so choose. Options.
You dont have options

huhner5

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Farmer
You are comparing apples and bowling balls.

Care to try a boosted v8 vs your boosted 6?

Have to boost a 6 to get decent power, whereas an 8 gets decent power naturally. And that 6 wont touch it boosted.

Benefit of the 8. Good as is or a beast if you so choose. Options.
You dont have options
Can your V8 with tune only run 11s in 1/4 mile???

I love the sound of a V8 as much as the next guy... But come on... Hard to ignore the performance of an Ecoboost with a $500 tune...

I'll stick to my quiet, goofy sounding, V8 killer

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer

I love the sound of a V8 as much as the next guy... But come on... Hard to ignore the performance of an Ecoboost with a $500 tune...

The fastest F150 3.5 ecoboost on record i could find ran a 12.5 1/4 mile. and it has much more than a $500 tune. Lowered, exhaust, intake, tires, etc.

Not sure on the 3.5 PB, will have to look that up. But the PB costs over 2k more than the 5.0 for just the engine option. What else is an included must with option?

Again comparing apples and bowling balls. Given the same budget to spend, an 8 out performs a 6. Cant argue this.

Give me that $2500 plus to spend, and i will take you on with my RCSB 5.0. It takes a lot of HP to overcome 800 lbs.

Plus the 6 still sounds like a blender.

Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
The fastest F150 3.5 ecoboost on record i could find ran a 12.5 1/4 mile. and it has much more than a $500 tune. Lowered, exhaust, intake, tires, etc.

Not sure on the 3.5 PB, will have to look that up. But the PB costs over 2k more than the 5.0 for just the engine option. What else is an included must with option?

Again comparing apples and bowling balls. Given the same budget to spend, an 8 out performs a 6. Cant argue this.

Give me that $2500 plus to spend, and i will take you on with my RCSB 5.0. It takes a lot of HP to overcome 800 lbs.

Update. Stock PB's running low 14's to hi 13's. Fastest i found was 13.8.

I assume your 11 sec comment was not in a truck? Becaue that aint happening.

So yea, give me the $2500 difference and lets line them up. Ill leave a message for ya on my tailgate.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
You're using marketing as justification? The reason is that's what they do: work with V8s because that's their brand.

Ford literally built a LeMans racecar around the 3.5 EcoBoost, and that engine was built by RoushYates...yes, as in Jack Roush.
You got that backwards.

"The powertrain of the new GT, therefore, became a secondary criterion to the external design and aerodynamic performance of the car."

They would have used a 12 or 8 if they fit. Both were considered before the 6.

bigman6166

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Occupation
Law Enforcement

I currently have a 21 5.0 V-8. Have had 4 3.5 Ecoboost engines in the past, a 12, 13, 18, and 19. And, currently have a 22 3.5 on order. I’ve also owned a 15 and 16 5.0 V-8 F-150’s as well. As far as the “you can’t go wrong either way argument”. This is 100% accurate and spot on. I love the truck I have now, zero doubt it’s got a ton of power and sounds like a beast. However, if I’m going to be towing a heavy load, or/and just speaking of pure performance and pure power, the 3.5 Ecoboost is going to kick ass all day every day. Especially, and most specifically speaking, with towing. I’ve towed with both and frankly, it’s really not even very close. It’s personally my favorite motor hands down. But to be clear, I do love the 5.0 as well which again is the truck I have now. But I like the 3.5 Ecoboost better for said reasons already documented above. But again, for all of the “you’ll be happy either way” guys, I agree completely. They’re both great motors and I’ve been happy with them both. I am simply speaking to which one I think is more beastly (sound aside) and will kick the others ass when it comes to low end torque and towing performance. 🤷‍♂️

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
You got that backwards.
Poor choice of words, as the retort was in answer to the allusion that somehow the 3.5 was not capable of performance because some aftermarket companies didn't build their brand around it.

huhner5

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Farmer

Tune, muffler, air filter in a CCSB 4x4...

Sponsored

huhner5

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Farmer
I don't want to argue... I own both a 5.0 and a 3.5....i would love a whippled 5.0.. but not in the budget

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer

Tune, muffler, air filter in a CCSB 4x4...
E50....

Well a holley nitrous kit for the coyote is under $600 if we want to go aternative fuels....😀

Wonder if i can sneak that by the wife.

huhner5

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Farmer
E50....

Well a holley nitrous kit for the coyote is under $600 if we want to go aternative fuels....😀

E50....

Ethanol is a beautiful thing... E10, E30, E50, and E85 all on the pump at my local station and cheaper than 87 octane

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Ethanol is a beautiful thing... E10, E30, E50, and E85 all on the pump at my local station and cheaper than 87 octane
Where the heck do you live? Ive never seen it.