Sponsored

Best Tuner For The V8

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
I’m into getting one just for the cylinder deactivation and better transmission shift strategy. I don’t know why these transmissions shift so badly from the factory? Cheverolet uses the same transmission and from what I heard they don’t have nearly the shift issues Fords do. If the tune also gives more power that’s just a bonus!!! LOL!!!

Unfortunately due to supply chain BS it doesn’t appear to be available any time soon.
Sponsored

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
Jeez man i think you need to educate yourself.
Livernois used different octane gasoline on their 2 runs. Read their comments on youtube.
They are in business for the reason that people dont use their heads and believe everything they are being fed. They could have just as well use diesel in their base run and then switch to gasoline and claim +150hp gains on that alone, and you'd be pretty impressed with those numbers.

If they wouldve used 93 octane all around , the gains would have been MINIMAL (i.e not worthy of a $800+ investment for 5-10hp that you will never feel on a truck).

Secondly, since for whatever reason you are pushing this tune here, your claim above about a mustang having 60hp than an f150, and in your head that all is attributed to the ecu tune, you are also wrong there. Mustangs 5.0 v8 Coyote engines uses different cams and manifolds hence more hp on higher rpms and has nothing to do with a ECU tune alone.

Simple. But yeah you can keep referring to my info as disinfo and enjoy your +5hp gain. All the power to you ;)

And yes, tunes are great, BUT for boosted engines , easily achieving 60-100+hp gains, but on an NA V8 tunes alone give minimal gains. Ive used different tunes on different cars, trucks and bikes, you just have to be realistic with your expectations. Thats all.

If +40hp gains were attainable on an NA v8 for $799 i'd be the first in line to grab one, but doing different runs on different octane gas that is where all that power is coming from. Marketing gimmick.

Im getting a whipple AND A TUNE.
I had ordered a livernois tune for my 2021 F150 with 5.0 and after 6 weeks of being on backorder,I called and cancelled my order. While I was waiting ,I did some research and I feel the same as you do. It seems to be beyond reason for a tuner to have this much increase on a gasoline powered vehicle. I think Ill just stick to stock for now and wont have to worry about factory warranty issues as well. Reading your post makes me realize that cancelling order was the right move

ndnashlenss

First Name
Ashlen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XL Regular Cab 5.0
Occupation
I work in a hospital
I’m into getting one just for the cylinder deactivation and better transmission shift strategy. I don’t know why these transmissions shift so badly from the factory? Cheverolet uses the same transmission and from what I heard they don’t have nearly the shift issues Fords do. If the tune also gives more power that’s just a bonus!!! LOL!!!

Unfortunately due to supply chain BS it doesn’t appear to be available any time soon.
I can agree to this, my Camaro shifts are buttery smooth you can't even tell, its sometimes reminds me of the porsche pdk its that good. Many others I met said the samething, but my F-150 it shifts kind of rough in comparison, I can actually feel each gear lolz. Love them both but even my mustang buddies prefer the camaro 10sp over theirs.

Buddy726

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
If anybody is looking for a Livernois tuner, I am selling mine for the 5.0 V8 I haven’t had it very long. I’m selling it because I’m gonna end up going with the supercharger. But it Hass to be unlocked by Livernois. Asking $500 shipped. I have more pictures of the wires in the connectors, but the form is telling me that the pictures are too big. I will try to post more later or if you’re interested, let me know and I will just send them straight to you. Thank you.

Ford F-150 Best Tuner For The V8 IMG_0386

Ford F-150 Best Tuner For The V8 IMG_0387

Ford F-150 Best Tuner For The V8 IMG_0395

Ford F-150 Best Tuner For The V8 IMG_0391

megaman

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 5.0
Intrested! But what do you mean has to be unlocked ? I thought you download your stock mapping and upload it to them and then redownload your tune? Is that what you mean by unlock?

Sponsored

Tmaffetone50

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 V8
Occupation
Graphic design
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to see if anyone has tuned the truck yet and if so what tuner!

I have read about livernois motorsports tune looks good! debating on pre order. want to see whats out there!
Those of you with a tune… has it voided your warranty?

Lobostang77

First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
Those of you with a tune… has it voided your warranty?

Of course it will be used as a reason to deny any engine/transmission related warranty claim! The warranty backs what the manufacturer provided you...not someone else's modifications to your truck.
Sponsored