Sponsored

Closing in on a year with no OTAs... just another rant.

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
I know that I am not the only one, and I know that I am "preaching to the choir" ... but this is nuts.

I haven't gotten an update on my 2021 Powerboost since May 9th of last year when I got 4.2.4!

I thought that it was because I don't drive it a lot and the battery level was too low, but I bought a Noco Genius5 battery maintainer which has kept my battery at a nice level 80% SOC. I've had it parked in a spot with a clear view of the sky. I've moved my auto update times around to various times in the day or wee hours of the morning. I've tried the worthless "Update Now" button. But no luck!

I am holding short of animal sacrifices... and I'd really rather not spend the $$$ for a mongoose cable and FDRS subscription since updates *SHOULD BE* provided by Ford with the (ridiculous) price of the vehicle. Not to mention the fact that burning the better part of a day doing the updates by hand is not the way I'd like to spend my free time.

You would think that Ford would want to keep its owners happy. Existing customer loyalty is a lot cheaper than new customer acquisition ... ESPECIALLY if the existing customers are bad-mouthing your product!

Thanks for listening!
Sponsored

UncleFester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150
Dont get worked up on OTA updates, my 2021 went two years before the first update. APIM was replaced Jan 22 and I only got a few after that before turning it in a few weeks ago. Did I notice any of these updates make the truck better, NO.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
I know its frustrating, but I am with UncleFester. every time I get an update it seems to me they change settings I have just gotten used to or some other problem appears.
I am about to turn off auto updates.

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
I’m 6 months and counting since my last update. And FORD wants me to spend 750 to re up my BC subscription. Show me the updates first :mad:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Many vehicles across several platforms "stopped" at the end of the 4.x.x updates. These vehicles have not been added to the OTA roll-out schedule yet, but eventually will be. I understand that it is frustrating. However, if you don't want to take the Mongoose route, then you are dependent on the OTA process and the OTA process sucks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JediNut

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Old Time Geek
Many vehicles across several platforms "stopped" at the end of the 4.x.x updates. These vehicles have not been added to the OTA roll-out schedule yet, but eventually will be. I understand that it is frustrating. However, if you don't want to take the Mongoose route, then you are dependent on the OTA process and the OTA process sucks.
Yeah... eventually I am sure I'll start getting updates every other day... just enough to get me ALMOST current... then they will stop again.

Like I said ... it's just another rant from a frustrated owner.
I know I have lots of company.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Re-posting:

My truck was built 12/9/2021, last update was 12/8/2021....

And @OP - Ford doesn't really "need" to keep you happy, their product is hot. Always has been, still is, and unless a natural disaster happens it will continue to be. The affect of bad mouthing Ford for lack of updates is minimal. You and I will bitch about it to two, three, maybe 5 people. Half of them won't care, the other half will join this forum to read that it is only 2021 1st job.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Half of them won't care, the other half will join this forum to read that it is only 2021 1st job.
The not getting updates after 4.x.x is affecting 2022 and 2023 models, too. It is just a matter of whether the VIN is part of the OTA roll-out or not. The year it what built in is a non-factor in this particular scenario.

Last edited:

uk_brewer

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
After no updates since Feb last year I just got 4.2.1 last Thursday followed by 23-PU0274-DOM-RS on Saturday. It’s as if ford remembered I have a vehicle. Still way behind on updates looking through the threads here.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Re-posting:

My truck was built 12/9/2021, last update was 12/8/2021....

And @OP - Ford doesn't really "need" to keep you happy, their product is hot. Always has been, still is, and unless a natural disaster happens it will continue to be. The affect of bad mouthing Ford for lack of updates is minimal. You and I will bitch about it to two, three, maybe 5 people. Half of them won't care, the other half will join this forum to read that it is only 2021 1st job.
Interesting that your 2021 truck was built 12/09/21. My 2022 truck was built 12/23/21.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JediNut

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Old Time Geek
Well, I finally got an update on my 2021 Powerboast!!!

24-PU0223-VI-RBS was installed today.

The funniest thing is that it was parked in an UNDERGROUND garage with an active low 12v battery voltage warning!!!! Supposedly the absolute worst conditions for getting an update.

That’s Ford logic for you.

r6express

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Same here, on my 2021 PowerBoost. After the update it's still on SYNC 23159 rev915, but hey after 8 months of no updates, I'll take what I can get. Will be interesting to see if we start getting more updates, if this actually does improve the software update process like it states.

I reviewed this thread: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...read-f-150-lightning-mach-e.16968/post-443645 but it doesn't really indicate if those in our situation starting getting further updates afterward. I'll report back if I get any more since those of us on rev915 are probably all in the same boat.
Sponsored