Call me crazy, maybe?

s.v.t.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Building..
MY22 F150 has just rolled 4k miles, and I've kind of gotten the bug that tells me I want a 6.7 Tremor F250. Want... not need. I love my truck, and it helps to dissuade me by considering the issues that come with owning a diesel, and that my 3.5EB makes plenty of power, but damn.. a black F250 Tremor would be nice, and a longer bed could be helpful, right?

Anyone go from a recent Powerstroke to an EB, or do something similar to what I think I'd like to do - going to a Powerstroke from an EB? I think I'm chasing a dream here, but I might have to go test drive one in the near future to see how the big brother fares compared to my truck.
Sponsored

JerseyGlock

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
I'd like to see a supercharger for 3.5L twin turbo, electric version works too.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
not crazy... my buddy drives a Ram 3500 or some such with a Cummins diesel. While I am a Ford guy I have to admit its a beast and that motor sounds cool.

SOOO.. while still waiting for my 2023 order I will admit I have had wayward thoughts and interests in a Super Duty with the Powerstroke.

Jglew82

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
Occupation
Tech lead
I’m coming from a ‘20 F250 6.7. While I loved the 250, my PB drives soooo much better (IFS vs live axle) and gets much better fuel economy, not to mention the price of diesel and the need to add DEF. Oil changes are expensive for the diesel, fuel filter changes are SUPER important, yadda yadda…

that said, I’d have them both if I could afford them 😂.

Sponsored

Joe_Lee

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB FX4
I went from a 22 F350 Tremor 6.7 King Ranch Ultimate to my 22 F150 Platinum PB. I made the switch after I sold my saltwater boat and went back to a bass boat.

They are obviously two very different trucks designed for different things. I’ve owned a lot of diesels so I’ll always miss that a little but I just didn’t need the truck anymore.

The daily driving comfort goes to the F150.
MPG goes to the F150 when not towing.
For interstate and long trips they are about the same IMO on comfort.

For me, living in hurricane country, the 7.2KW generator was a big factor in my decision.

OP
OP
s.v.t.

s.v.t.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Building..
Solid points everyone. I don't pull, and rarely tow.. what I tow can easily be handled by my 3.5EB. That said, an all black 6.7 PS Tremor just looks.. AMAZING. Perhaps my next vehicle after this? It would either be that, but more likely a PB with pro power.

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
MY22 F150 has just rolled 4k miles, and I've kind of gotten the bug that tells me I want a 6.7 Tremor F250. Want... not need. I love my truck, and it helps to dissuade me by considering the issues that come with owning a diesel, and that my 3.5EB makes plenty of power, but damn.. a black F250 Tremor would be nice, and a longer bed could be helpful, right?

Anyone go from a recent Powerstroke to an EB, or do something similar to what I think I'd like to do - going to a Powerstroke from an EB? I think I'm chasing a dream here, but I might have to go test drive one in the near future to see how the big brother fares compared to my truck.
IMO if you work and you want it and can afford it GO FOR IT. You only live once so enjoy the time that you have. I'm 66 and have owned more than 2
4 brand new trucks. Needed them nope, but I wanted them so I went for it. Being I'm in social security age ,all this has to stop,but I enjoyed the ride!

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired

Ford F-150 Call me crazy, maybe? 20220723_192811

Sponsored

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
It's way more expensive when you add the options to it and IMHO it's not a better looking truck. (I built a 2023 Lariat F250 with the 6.7 and adding a few basic options here and there it was already at $90k lol.) It will ride way worse than your F150 as mentioned. I will be honest, I almost bought the 22 F250 in Lariat Black Appearance Trim and Ultimate package. There was a local one here for sale at $75k but it was sold when I inquired. That is the best looking F250 they have made IMO.

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2023 Explorer ST
Why not just get a black F150 Tremor in a 3.5 EB? Best of both worlds!

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
I was also a SD guy who wanted one so bad. I dont do a lot of hauling/towing so the 3.5 EOCsex is plenty capable.

Biggest difference for me was the ride. The SD just rides so much harsher then the F150 . ( understandably so )

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
Seems like a gigantic waste of your resources if you don’t have a reason to need the larger truck

boo radley

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 F150 1992 F150, 1999 F150, 2004 F150, 2013 F150

I was looking at diesels real hard.

I wanted a 21 F150 supercab 3.0 PS, but there was only 1 in the whole country at the time in Detroit. I could have bought a loaded 21 F250 6.7 PS for what I paid for my 21 F150 3.5 ECO. At the time prices for F250 were what sticker is for a F150 now.

You can't beat a diesel for towing. Maybe electric someday when the bugs are worked out. I bought a 14,000 lb lift in Minnesota and rented a trailer and a Ram Cummings to go get it. They were out of 6.7 Powerstrokes. Combined weight was about 17,000 lift and trailer. That Cummings pulled 450 miles like it was nothing. I could go as fast as I wanted to.

Recently I had to move the same lift and rented the same trailer, but Enterprise only had Rams with biggest gas motor they make. What a dog that truck is. I was spinning the tires on slight grades from a standing stop. No power. I had to be sure to avoid hills or run the risk of not making it to next destination.

Bottom line is that guys with the 3.0 PS are reporting 25 + mpg. One person's father averaged 30 mpg in perfect conditions on a trip north from Florida. While the 3.0 PS would never pull my lift, the fuel mpg was what I was aiming at. The 6.7 PS has 1050 lb feet of torque like the Cummings and I have little doubt that it would do the job towing as well. Some guys with the 6.7 PS, 10 speed Trans and 3:31 axle are getting 20 - 23 mpg empty.

Not bad for a big rig like that.
Sponsored