First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
My July 2022 build came with BC from the factory and it works really well when it does engage.. Doesn't meander.. Holds straight.. Only issue is that it hugs the right side lane markers rather closely..

I drive every single day, 50 plus miles on BC enabled freeways.. The issue is - BC doesn't engage consistently on the same stretches of the BC enabled freeways.. It always flashes the message that BC is available... However, it doesn't engage.. And many times, it will engage briefly and revert back to intelligent adaptive cruise..I probably get BC to engage on about 60% of the total trip distance where BC is available 100% of the trip distance..I pay attention to the road and vehicle conditions and haven't found any correlation.. As to what triggers BC to engage on the same trip one day but not another..

Has anyone else had similar issues?
Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Does your trip have you driving straight into the sun? I go due East/West on my commute and I've had problems with direct sunlight causing BC to shut down. Cloudy days on the same stretch of road work just fine.

OP
OP

STM

First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
I drive every day on both east west and north south freeways.. It will engage consistently only on the northbound freeway most of the way.. I can get 10 plus miles of continuous BC drive..

On the same road, south bound, it is inconsistent.. But not as bad as on the east west freeway!

However, the intelligent adaptive cruise engages every time and without issues..
Sponsored