Sponsored

Sync CarPlay disconnects consistently

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Luckily I have not been plagued with this issue on my 21, job 2 truck like a lot of you have. Until lately. That last few weeks my CarPlay will cut out multiple times in a 10-15 minute drive. As soon as I close the message, it reconnects like yours. And then a few minutes later, it does it again.

This is occurring on roads that I have traveled every day for many years, and not an issue until recently. It's annoying enough that I might just turn it off. This happened on my iPhone 13, and still on my 14.

Can't help but wonder if it has to do with my OTA almost exactly 3 weeks ago.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Luckily I have not been plagued with this issue on my 21, job 2 truck like a lot of you have. Until lately. That last few weeks my CarPlay will cut out multiple times in a 10-15 minute drive. As soon as I close the message, it reconnects like yours. And then a few minutes later, it does it again.

This is occurring on roads that I have traveled every day for many years, and not an issue until recently. It's annoying enough that I might just turn it off. This happened on my iPhone 13, and still on my 14.

Can't help but wonder if it has to do with my OTA almost exactly 3 weeks ago.
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Harry Dangler

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lexus RX350
Occupation
Retired
Anyone get this resolved I just got my truck 10/12/22 and my carplay has been disconnecting consistantly for the las 2 weeks

Sponsored

22F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 KR Powerboost
My '22 also disconnects.

I also have a problem where CarPlay won't connect on start up. I try to manually connect, but no luck. It takes a restart of the vehicle before CarPlay will connect again. Annoying.

FTLBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor, 2020 Expedition Limited
My ‘22 F150 Tremor has done this since picking it up over a year ago. I got tired of losing important phone calls so I’ve been using CarPlay via the USB cable with no issues. Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem?

Hjmpowerboost

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Trust me you're not the only one having this issue. What i've also noticed is that its cell reception related sometimes. Mine disconnects every time on a certain stretch of road on my way to and from work. And other times it will just drop out as well with no reason. I also had Ford message me about it and they were pretty much useless...Have you been getting OTA updates on your truck? I bought mine in october and my fordpass has yet to tell me I have had an OTA installed, which I feel is part of the problem.
I have found a certain spot just south of Edmonton where my CarPlay drops. It doesn’t seem to make a difference whether plugged in or Bluetooth. Also my system goes to random screens every time I start the vehicle. Ever since an over the air update in early February, the Ford nav system gives directions in miles on the screen (I’m in Canada) and reads in km on the screen between the tach and speedo. This system is extremely annoying.
Sponsored