Issues following BlueCruise update - Lane Centering not working

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Jesse - I am in the middle of the buyback with Ford over this issue. I would rather cash and keep it and hope they fix this issue because I am having trouble finding a truck to replace mine. Their current cash and keep offer is insulting. Ordering would cost me more in price increases, sales tax, and interest rate hikes.

What is your opinion on them fixing it ever? Would me trying the ECU programming update listed in the forum work? I am on the mongoose waitlist to borrow. In case you need it 1FTFW1E86MFB04282. Thank you!

Is you apim Version blanked out?
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I am assuming you are talking about the About Sync screen. Last time I looked it was blank.
Yes.. If it is blank we need to overcome that before you can even get going with FDRS.

I can send you an Update.. Load it on a USB and put it int he truck.. it may take a month or so to finally kick off. Once it does and finally installs you can then move on to the rest of the updates.

UNCGrad

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 AMB Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost 6.5 bed
Yes.. If it is blank we need to overcome that before you can even get going with FDRS.

I can send you an Update.. Load it on a USB and put it int he truck.. it may take a month or so to finally kick off. Once it does and finally installs you can then move on to the rest of the updates.
I am game to try it as it would be a major headache for me to do the buyback with Ford. What do you need from me?

Thank you!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I am game to try it as it would be a major headache for me to do the buyback with Ford. What do you need from me?

Thank you!
I have your vin.

Ill sedn it in a few

Sponsored

cmykmyk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Hey, not sure if anyone is still checking this thread, but I am having the exact same issues. Took my truck in to the Dealer for Bluecruise update last October. Lost my lane-keeping assist. have had in back in 4 times. They keep running the update and telling me things are fixed, but I continue to get the prompt on the dash that lane keeping assist is not available, and of course still no Bluecruise.

Did the rest of you have any success in getting your lane keep assist back?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hey, not sure if anyone is still checking this thread, but I am having the exact same issues. Took my truck in to the Dealer for Bluecruise update last October. Lost my lane-keeping assist. have had in back in 4 times. They keep running the update and telling me things are fixed, but I continue to get the prompt on the dash that lane keeping assist is not available, and of course still no Bluecruise.

Did the rest of you have any success in getting your lane keep assist back?
VIN?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
1FTFW1E83MFA95928
You're missing an IPC update that won't show for the dealer to install unless a GWM update gets installed first. However, due to an issue on Ford's side, that GWM update is not showing for your dealer to install. Do you have your truck now or is it still at the dealer?

Do you have forscan?

cmykmyk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
You're missing an IPC update that won't show for the dealer to install unless a GWM update gets installed first. However, due to an issue on Ford's side, that GWM update is not showing for your dealer to install. Do you have your truck now or is it still at the dealer?

Do you have forscan?
I have my truck back now.

Unfortunately, I do not have forscan - but a quick google search it looks like I can just download it?

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I have my truck back now.

Unfortunately, I do not have forscan - but a quick google search it looks like I can just download it?
Perfect. The fix will entail a 2-step process. Step one is to get your GWM updated so that the IPC update will release. This will require a custom made update for your truck courtesy of Jesse. Once you install that, the second step is to update the IPC. That can be done one of two ways:

1) You take it back to the dealer and when they scan your truck with FDRS, and IPC update will pop up that wasn't there before. They install that, and then they will be able to enable Bluecruise.

2) You get FORScan, the adapter needed to use FORScan, and allow Jesse remote access to your laptop so that he can install the IPC update and enable BC.

I know you just joined and you don't know who's who and what's what, but I would chose option 2 and take the help of random strangers on the internet than rely on the dealer. The dealer will not be able to fix your truck without the help on Ford engineering and the long protocol it takes to get their involvement. It's up to you how you want to proceed. The adapter you will need for FORScan is this one and it's on sale plus an 8% off coupon:

https://www.amazon.com/Vgate-vLinker-diagnostic-Interface-Adapter/dp/B0952P4MLP/ref=sr_1_8?crid=3M3ZGHA7HP0GP&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.K_WnOFHoOMIsjIaK3cLEkyXXLJSytvHD5Cf2A3do3lyArKGCAgDszY5H5P_3TBMbvVIC5vxO22jwHK63YmUKVIsy_r4UMfRigrBaZWMBDm7JhRA-zbhtQrOzzupSEwuCC6ERclU4RISN2Ztx70orYPWzsXopcp-3N4DETfkaGkVKTQSRVH3PeF8DnxL8BHOqeqgnKjQLIU46drj-FYyiupVI7H1xdeAVM8-dGxJGp7SA_AFp3_ShiUgNBQdjcQfi_S54nRfM213H_H2DX9bKueLiZDu53wbrxjAMa27YcYY.-mk_AVHeN-zxiPqG2TjFO2UL0I3hdMynOGgkwMD3Wi0&dib_tag=se&keywords=ford+vlinker&qid=1708718312&sprefix=ford+blinker,aps,96&sr=8-8

Visit www.forscan.org and get the software and free license needed to use it. You may need to create an account on the forum there to get the license......not sure.

If you're interested, let me know and I will ask Jesse to make the USB update and provide further instructions on the process.

cmykmyk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Perfect. The fix will entail a 2-step process. Step one is to get your GWM updated so that the IPC update will release. This will require a custom made update for your truck courtesy of Jesse. Once you install that, the second step is to update the IPC. That can be done one of two ways:

1) You take it back to the dealer and when they scan your truck with FDRS, and IPC update will pop up that wasn't there before. They install that, and then they will be able to enable Bluecruise.

2) You get FORScan, the adapter needed to use FORScan, and allow Jesse remote access to your laptop so that he can install the IPC update and enable BC.

I know you just joined and you don't know who's who and what's what, but I would chose option 2 and take the help of random strangers on the internet than rely on the dealer. The dealer will not be able to fix your truck without the help on Ford engineering and the long protocol it takes to get their involvement. It's up to you how you want to proceed. The adapter you will need for FORScan is this one and it's on sale plus an 8% off coupon:

https://www.amazon.com/Vgate-vLinker-diagnostic-Interface-Adapter/dp/B0952P4MLP/ref=sr_1_8?crid=3M3ZGHA7HP0GP&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.K_WnOFHoOMIsjIaK3cLEkyXXLJSytvHD5Cf2A3do3lyArKGCAgDszY5H5P_3TBMbvVIC5vxO22jwHK63YmUKVIsy_r4UMfRigrBaZWMBDm7JhRA-zbhtQrOzzupSEwuCC6ERclU4RISN2Ztx70orYPWzsXopcp-3N4DETfkaGkVKTQSRVH3PeF8DnxL8BHOqeqgnKjQLIU46drj-FYyiupVI7H1xdeAVM8-dGxJGp7SA_AFp3_ShiUgNBQdjcQfi_S54nRfM213H_H2DX9bKueLiZDu53wbrxjAMa27YcYY.-mk_AVHeN-zxiPqG2TjFO2UL0I3hdMynOGgkwMD3Wi0&dib_tag=se&keywords=ford+vlinker&qid=1708718312&sprefix=ford+blinker,aps,96&sr=8-8

Visit www.forscan.org and get the software and free license needed to use it. You may need to create an account on the forum there to get the license......not sure.

If you're interested, let me know and I will ask Jesse to make the USB update and provide further instructions on the process.
Thank you so much for your help!

Honestly, I don't have much faith in the dealer to get this done. 4 trips to the shop and I still don't have a fix, and it looks like you guys have been able to square the problem in short order and help others.

Would gladly take the assistance. I will order the required ODB / USB cable and get forescan installed.

Thanks again!!!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thank you so much for your help!

Honestly, I don't have much faith in the dealer to get this done. 4 trips to the shop and I still don't have a fix, and it looks like you guys have been able to square the problem in short order and help others.

Would gladly take the assistance. I will order the required ODB / USB cable and get forescan installed.

Thanks again!!!
You will need a 32GB USB drive freshly formatted to exFAT for phase one. Give me a bit to set everything up for you.