charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
So what was the outcome at the dealor. Were they able to activate BC
Complete fail, service writer said they do updates all the time and was adamant that the tech was getting Blue Cruise released. As soon as they gave the truck I checked the previously greyed out Automatic Update buttons and they were still greyed, I checked "About Sync" and just like before no info.
I asked to speak with the tech, nice guy but said this is the first update he'd ever attempted and he said they had never seen blue cruise So I am sure that I don't have blue cruise available.(I live in the Florida Keys, the nearest interstate is up in Miami so I can't check to see if it is functional.)
I called Ford OTA and they told me there was nothing that can be done to be patient, OTA rep told me that Ford Customer service should not have told me to take the truck to the dealership.

What a cluster, I am debating getting rid of the truck, I traded in my 2019 Limited for the 2021 for the blue cruise to use while making the 16 hour trip to my North Carolina Cabin.
Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Complete fail, service writer said they do updates all the time and was adamant that the tech was getting Blue Cruise released. As soon as they gave the truck I checked the previously greyed out Automatic Update buttons and they were still greyed, I checked "About Sync" and just like before no info.
I asked to speak with the tech, nice guy but said this is the first update he'd ever attempted and he said they had never seen blue cruise So I am sure that I don't have blue cruise available.(I live in the Florida Keys, the nearest interstate is up in Miami so I can't check to see if it is functional.)
I called Ford OTA and they told me there was nothing that can be done to be patient, OTA rep told me that Ford Customer service should not have told me to take the truck to the dealership.

What a cluster, I am debating getting rid of the truck, I traded in my 2019 Limited for the 2021 for the blue cruise to use while making the 16 hour trip to my North Carolina Cabin.
What a nightmare for those of us with early 2021 build dates

Valleyrider

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Just a heads up for when you do get blue cruise it shuts off once you go past 82mph. If the freeway has a speed limit of 80 and you try to set the cruise higher the blue cruise function won’t work above 82.

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Just a heads up for when you do get blue cruise it shuts off once you go past 82mph. If the freeway has a speed limit of 80 and you try to set the cruise higher the blue cruise function won’t work above 82.
Well at least you have it.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
You realize you’re not helping, right? :censored:

Interesting, I’ll have to try it out. Today mine worked at 81 and I was surprised. I had read 80 mph was the limit.

Sponsored

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
So what was the outcome at the dealor. Were they able to activate BC

get the 1.5 ankle weight I use it all the time until BC comes out I drove from San Antonio TX to Asheville NC and back works great I’m pissed off to paid extra to get prep took delivery in March 2021 will have the truck a year soon and still no BC false promises SUCK FORD I have pics and videos if needed and it does not cost $600

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
Ford F-150 Blue cruise OTA? 261E1310-F5F0-4F73-AC6E-80D35057235D

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
And the hits keep coming but still Love my truck :cool:

mdmeints

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Explorer, 2008 Sea Ray
Occupation
Retired
I am thinking that once we get it there should be some compensation for waiting so long. (2 yrs free...)

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
only getting 1 year free per Fords letter

Sponsored

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
Two things:

Like a lot of early build owners I've never received an OTA update and wonder if I'll be able to get the Blue Cruise software OTA. It's been frustrating reading about the cool things other owners are getting and not getting anything myself. Maybe the Blue Cruise package will turn something on.

It says we'll get a year free. I wonder if we'll need to pay the $600 subscription for three additional years or if we'll just get a free year to try it out first. That would be better because I might find that I don't use it enough to pay for it.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
I believe it will be a 3 year subscription. When I bought my truck, it automatically started the 3 year nav subscription which will end in March2024. I'd like to believe they will also give the first 3 free for BC. Possibly a free year on top of that for all the aggravation. Just my guess.

Safetyrep

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
get the 1.5 ankle weight I use it all the time until BC comes out I drove from San Antonio TX to Asheville NC and back works great I’m pissed off to paid extra to get prep took delivery in March 2021 will have the truck a year soon and still no BC false promises SUCK FORD I have pics and videos if needed and it does not cost $600
Send pic of this

GadgetB1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Occupation
Software Engineer
I use a 1 liter bottle of smart water. Works on either side of the wheel.

Ford F-150 Blue cruise OTA? C9E583BF-40D7-4A4B-960A-E70FD8CB338E

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Well, I can't say that's a negative thing. I wouldn't want to go past that limit anyhow. Guess they are trying to enforce speeding limits.
Sponsored