First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F250
Occupation
System Protection Technician
Posting here, maybe someone can help: I have bluecruise, it has worked many times before. Today I’m on the i65 and 16 and it doesn’t kick in, any thoughts??
Mine did the same exact thing. Worked great, next day on same route it was a no go. Went back the very next morning and it worked again.

I think there is some logic needing to be satisfied for engaging it. When I was trying to research everything I see some of the Connected Services need AT&T cell signal to work, makes me wonder if you get a cell issue with the modem it messes with it or Fords side checking to make sure you should have it to begin with.
Sponsored

Demps

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Just took delivery, and everything works except the hands free blue cruise. I see in the Sync about menu that the hands free expired on 03-14-2022, which is 3 months after the build date…. How does one get updated hands free / maps? I’ve got the auto update features enabled with a daily schedule. Thanks!
The Sync about expiration date is meaningless. You need to go to connected services in the FordPass app to get the actual expiration date.
Haven’t been on owner’s site to check expiration date.

LTDJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Limited PowerBoost
Occupation
Tax Attorney/CPA
The Sync about expiration date is meaningless. You need to go to connected services in the FordPass app to get the actual expiration date.
Haven’t been on owner’s site to check expiration date.
It’s not meaningless. Mine was originally March 14 and BlueCruise Handsfree was not working. I then received an OTA update which changed the date to September 10 and Handsfree now works. See pictures below:
Ford F-150 Blue Cruise Not allowing hands free 1659636014633

Ford F-150 Blue Cruise Not allowing hands free 1659636157350

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Mine did the same exact thing. Worked great, next day on same route it was a no go. Went back the very next morning and it worked again.

I think there is some logic needing to be satisfied for engaging it. When I was trying to research everything I see some of the Connected Services need AT&T cell signal to work, makes me wonder if you get a cell issue with the modem it messes with it or Fords side checking to make sure you should have it to begin with.
Where was the sun? I find that if the sun is at the wrong angle (shining directly into the camera is my guess), hands free won't engage. When the angle changes, it kicks in. It probably isn't able to see the lines as well or something is my guess. There's definitely some logic behind it though.

Mcbutter

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F250
Occupation
System Protection Technician
Where was the sun? I find that if the sun is at the wrong angle (shining directly into the camera is my guess), hands free won't engage. When the angle changes, it kicks in. It probably isn't able to see the lines as well or something is my guess. There's definitely some logic behind it though.
That's definitely an interesting aspect I didn't think of. I'm trying to remember the time of the day when it didn't work, I was going southeast in the afternoon so sun should have been somewhat behind the truck. I know in the morning I drove northwest with the sun somewhat behind me as well, it worked then. I'm going to try and take note when it happens again where it's at.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I have found that the position of the sun seems to have the biggest influence on how picky the eyes-on-the-road nanny is.

Glare off my sunglasses or her lens appear to have her complaining when the accusation is not valid.

In some conditions she leaves me alone, or at least has a longer fuse. :)

Demps

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
“It’s not meaningless. Mine was originally March 14 and BlueCruise Handsfree was not working. I then received an OTA update which changed the date to September 10 and Handsfree now works”

My Sync 4 also has the same expiration date as yours. FordPass has the expiration date as July 21, 2023, one year from the date BlueCruise became active. I verified with Ford that FordPass is the correct expiration date.

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
I have found that the position of the sun seems to have the biggest influence on how picky the eyes-on-the-road nanny is.

Glare off my sunglasses or her lens appear to have her complaining when the accusation is not valid.

In some conditions she leaves me alone, or at least has a longer fuse. :)
I see this too. I get a lot of Watch the road reminders if I have the windows down and moonroof open on sunny days compared to if I have everything closed up and sunshade covering the moonroof. I usually attempt Blue Cruise/ lane keep on the days I have things opened up, but that usually doesn't last long

NewToFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I see this too. I get a lot of Watch the road reminders if I have the windows down and moonroof open on sunny days compared to if I have everything closed up and sunshade covering the moonroof. I usually attempt Blue Cruise/ lane keep on the days I have things opened up, but that usually doesn't last long
well. After 90minutes, and a pitstop without success we stopped for an eay lunch. Leaving there it worked instantly. Before I left i did wipe all the sensors with a babywipe.

part of me buys the sun excuse as we were heading south-was at 8:30am, so maybe. The other half of me cannot imagine why the system would be so fickle. I thought it used infrared. Not sure.

LD50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Raptor, 2022 Lariat on order
“It’s not meaningless. Mine was originally March 14 and BlueCruise Handsfree was not working. I then received an OTA update which changed the date to September 10 and Handsfree now works”

My Sync 4 also has the same expiration date as yours. FordPass has the expiration date as July 21, 2023, one year from the date BlueCruise became active. I verified with Ford that FordPass is the correct expiration date.
I had the same issue as LTDJeff except mine either wouldn't update or was taking forever. Jesse helped me do a manual update to the maps and bluecruise started working. The dates you are referring to are completely separate issues. The 2023 expiration date you are referring to is the length of your subscription to the bluecruise service. The other date that is found in the About Sync screen refers to the onboard map updates. If you don't get an OTA to keep the maps current, which extends the date in About Sync, bluecruise will no longer function after that listed date, regardless of your expiration date on the service itself.

Sponsored

LTDJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Limited PowerBoost
Occupation
Tax Attorney/CPA
I had the same issue as LTDJeff except mine either wouldn't update or was taking forever. Jesse helped me do a manual update to the maps and bluecruise started working. The dates you are referring to are completely separate issues. The 2023 expiration date you are referring to is the length of your subscription to the bluecruise service. The other date that is found in the About Sync screen refers to the onboard map updates. If you don't get an OTA to keep the maps current, which extends the date in About Sync, bluecruise will no longer function after that listed date, regardless of your expiration date on the service itself.
That’s right. I would add that BlueCruise overall will still work past the expiration date it just won’t allow you to go completely handsfree. Since we’re approaching the September 10th expiration, I’m anticipating having the same issue if my OTA update doesn’t load immediately.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
well. After 90minutes, and a pitstop without success we stopped for an eay lunch. Leaving there it worked instantly. Before I left i did wipe all the sensors with a babywipe.

part of me buys the sun excuse as we were heading south-was at 8:30am, so maybe. The other half of me cannot imagine why the system would be so fickle. I thought it used infrared. Not sure.
Can you send me your vin?

Demps

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thanks all for clarifying BlueCruise dates. Should know better than listen to Ford reps.
If history has taught us anything the OTA map update will probably not go well. And I presume it will affect all BlueCruise users, whether self, dealer, or factory installed.

If BlueCruise does not function at least we still have Lane Keep.

And let's not forget that Nav is supposed to be get a full update annually through a Power Up update. My maps are a year old, but I don't expect the update anytime soon. Hopefully when the Power Up update is finally rolled out Nav still works.

kenpitt

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150
Occupation
retired
I got my truck Tuesday this week, 5/11 blend. Bluecruise worked great. Now it won't work as of today. Tried the master reset. Shows up in my Ford Pass. 1FTFW1ED3NFB34807. Any help would be amazing.
Good luck with that , had my truck since August last year, Ford finally told me I could load the blue cruise, take it to the dealer they will do it. Tech worked on it 8 hrs. today, couldn't get the whole process to take, said he will work on it again tomorrow. He also said it's not only me, everyone who needs it loaded after they bought the truck is having trouble. I want my money back, Ford is going to SHIT, not satisfied at all. Also my front camera is showing sideways, the Techs are having trouble fixing this also, could be three different problems, all I'm doing is taking vehicles back and forth to dealer. NOT A HAPPY FORD CAMPER.

NewToFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150