Sponsored

Blue Cruise - Dealer Download PROBLEMS!!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@darioa

Looking at your truck I guess you have Blue Cruise now?

the dealer followed what I said and it looks good now

Ford F-150 Blue Cruise - Dealer Download PROBLEMS!! 1654775861602

SALVAGE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PLATINUM
I took my truck in to the dealer to have Blue Cruise installed, after I was told they could do so. They installed it but it does not work AND lane centering will no longer engage. Dealer can’t seem to resolve but says they’re working on it with Ford techs. Has anyone run into this issue?? So disappointed I’ve now lost all “self driving” functionality. It’s the whole reason I bought this truck!
View attachment 51159
@darioa

Looking at your truck I guess you have Blue Cruise now?

the dealer followed what I said and it looks good now

1654775861602.png
Just got my 21 PLATINUM back from the dealer I took it in to do the update on the BLUE CRUISE and it updates the 360 in motion also I still have to go test drive it on the interstate to see if it's gonna drive on it own

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Send me your VIn I can tell you if it will

darioa

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Engineer
I dont know why its so hard for them. Your situation.. You have two more APIM updates. There is one available NOW.. Once they do that another APIM will be available.

Your IPC needs to be configured also. That is a issue. They need to run config on the IPC AFTER! AFTER they update the APIM to JV.. the final APIM version should be 22095

Once it is run config on the IPC. You have some config issues in there. You will be done after that
SUCCESS!!!!! Thank you Jesse!!

That worked. After 8 days trying, they did what you said. It took 5 hours to do it. I took it to a highway today and the screen changed to blue and and Blue Cruise worked great.

Previously they had updated the GWM software, the TCU software, reset the BMS, but nothing worked. They could not download USB software, possibly due to server issues. After a second attempt they were successful and they updated the APIM software to version 22905 and performed the IPC configuration.

Thanks again for your valuable help. Ford needs to train the technicians to update software to the latest revisions. I've had problems like this twice. The first time it took 6 weeks at a dealer to realize they had the wrong version of software.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jsullenb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Contractor
Send me your VIn I can tell you if it will
I still do not have blue cruise on mine. Dealer is still waiting for some sort of charger to try again. I’ve received two OTA updates since I picked it up a few weeks ago. Any chance you could check the status of mine again? I’ve attached a a screen shot of my most recent update and my new sync software number which changed with the most recent update. The cruise control option has also updated from “lane centering” to “lane centering with hands free”. However, I still have neither lane centering or hands free anything. Appreciate all your help.

Ford F-150 Blue Cruise - Dealer Download PROBLEMS!! 32B4A255-16AF-4185-9565-6182712C2C24

Ford F-150 Blue Cruise - Dealer Download PROBLEMS!! 8E239089-7AA7-4682-9757-FEEB0CCE28DB

Ford F-150 Blue Cruise - Dealer Download PROBLEMS!! BC3E796D-0633-4504-9D7D-ADDD839CD2F8

Ford F-150 Blue Cruise - Dealer Download PROBLEMS!! A6B8E09E-0CA4-4F4D-BE33-C88BAA67ED7A

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I still do not have blue cruise on mine. Dealer is still waiting for some sort of charger to try again. I’ve received two OTA updates since I picked it up a few weeks ago. Any chance you could check the status of mine again? I’ve attached a a screen shot of my most recent update and my new sync software number which changed with the most recent update. The cruise control option has also updated from “lane centering” to “lane centering with hands free”. However, I still have neither lane centering or hands free anything. Appreciate all your help.

32B4A255-16AF-4185-9565-6182712C2C24.jpeg

8E239089-7AA7-4682-9757-FEEB0CCE28DB.jpeg

BC3E796D-0633-4504-9D7D-ADDD839CD2F8.jpeg

A6B8E09E-0CA4-4F4D-BE33-C88BAA67ED7A.jpeg
yOUR tRUCK IS ALL SET TO GO. tHE ipc CONFIG IS WRONG THOUGH. Youll have to get forscan to fix it. OR ask the dealer to run a config on it. Everything else is all set to go.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Jesse's out here doing the Fords work
Im not sure they know or care how many people I have helped. I cant wrap my head around it all really. How badly it has gone. I told people it was going to be bad but man this even beat my low expectations. Im glad I am able to help. One person recently was told by their dealer they give up and to leave the truck there until it triggers a buy back. Could you imagine in todays market getting out of a truck over updates. How much of a loss you take on that. Not only the loss but trying to find a truck how you want it. They keep cutting things out.

I find it hard to believe that Ford doesnt have a person there that can look at the same things I look at and tell these dealers exactly what to do. I look at a vin and in a few seconds I can tell exactly what needs to be done.

OP
OP

Jsullenb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Contractor
yOUR tRUCK IS ALL SET TO GO. tHE ipc CONFIG IS WRONG THOUGH. Youll have to get forscan to fix it. OR ask the dealer to run a config on it. Everything else is all set to go.
That sounds like good news! Hopefully having them run a config is a simple process.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
That sounds like good news! Hopefully having them run a config is a simple process.
It is in FDRS. IPS Config.

If you tell me right after they run it I can tell you if its fixed

OP
OP

Jsullenb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Contractor
Working to schedule it right now. I’ll Definitely keep you posted to get your feedback. Thanks again.

HeyItsAnF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PowerBoost F150
We still don't have BlueCruise on our job 1 2021 Platinum and the dealership told us they couldn't do the update. Bought the truck in early 2021 and we STILL don't have a software update that we've paid for the hardware to make it work. @Ford Motor Company, Ford has been very little help in assisting. Can YOU pull some strings and get us what we've already paid for?

SALVAGE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PLATINUM
We still don't have BlueCruise on our job 1 2021 Platinum and the dealership told us they couldn't do the update. Bought the truck in early 2021 and we STILL don't have a software update that we've paid for the hardware to make it work. @Ford Motor Company, Ford has been very little help in assisting. Can YOU pull some strings and get us what we've already paid for?
i just got mine on my 21 platinum its ok but now if your on a road that's not compatible with blue cruise it give you the warning to pay attention to the road sooner then before

SALVAGE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PLATINUM
i just got mine on my 21 platinum its ok but now if your on a road that's not compatible with blue cruise it give you the warning to pay attention to the road sooner then before
The only think that I wanted was the 360 in motion so I could see the back camera while driving
Sponsored