Sponsored

Battery charge state? -- Is there a viewable state of charge SOC?

Heathen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT
Is there a viewable state of charge?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Heathen

Heathen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT
Thanks that’s what I was thinking.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
yup battery charger gives me the SOC as it powers up and does its test before the charging starts
you can change the SOC setting in forscan to 95% vice the lower setting from as built
i have found the chargers gets to 90% pretty quick, but the last 10% takes an hr . i assume the agm settings in chargers slow down as top off is near

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat V8
Occupation
Happily Retired - USMÇ
I have a powerport digital voltage reader inside the cockpit plugged into the 12V. It gives me a continous reading of what the alternator is putting out/state of charge of battery. I am dismayed that Ford will not allow the battery to remain at full charge no matter what it always comes back down to 12.2 volts.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Heathen

Heathen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT
I have a powerport digital voltage reader inside the cockpit plugged into the 12V. It gives me a continous reading of what the alternator is putting out/state of charge of battery. I am dismayed that Ford will not allow the battery to remain at full charge no matter what it always comes back down to 12.2 volts.
Thanks Leatherneck! Got a part number, source, link?

OP
OP
Heathen

Heathen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XLT
Thank you sir, btw, Happily Retired USAF!

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Supposedly there's a super secret "engineering mode" that will show it on the steering wheel display, but I couldn't find the specifics with a quick search.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Voltage is not an accurate indicator of SOC for any battery. The batteries are designed to provide maximum voltage for the electronics as they discharge. It is why you need a load tester that measures the voltage drop while a load is applied.
Sponsored