Sponsored

BAP or FX4 package?

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
The hilarious thing about the various black appearance packages is that back in the day, you would get a chrome delete discount but now that the manufacturers have figured out that chrome is less popular; they make the consumer pay extra to not have it!

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
It was more of pointing out that while OP likes the BAP version, the FX can be easily customized to his liking rather inexpensively. I made the suggestion as OP stated the BAP truck is 10 hours away where the FX is significantly closer to him. Does he have to do a chrome delete? No. Hell he may decide he likes the way it looks and wants to leave it as it is. As for the shock upgrade, who knows OP may like how the FX rides, many do and have no desire to change it. A good quality level kit runs about 60 bucks and easy to install with the OEM dampers if he wants to do that. These were just things OP could do if he wanted to, either right away, down the road, or never.
That is true, everything is easy to modify if desired but if trying to match a factory setup, not getting the FX4 is easier to replicate/upgrade (at a better value) vs trying to replicate the BAP after the fact. Leather seats from katszkin are about $1700 installed, emblems require removing the grille and taking apart the tailgate, and if its a chrome package getting it painted/wrapped is expensive. I just don't see any way this is sliced where getting the fx4 and trying to replicate the BAP is a better value than getting the BAP and making your own upgrades to the suspension and adding skid plates. You still get a locking rear diff with the power boost either way so why take the least cost effective route.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
That is true, everything is easy to modify if desired but if trying to match a factory setup, not getting the FX4 is easier to replicate/upgrade (at a better value) vs trying to replicate the BAP after the fact. Leather seats from katszkin are about $1700 installed, emblems require removing the grille and taking apart the tailgate, and if its a chrome package getting it painted/wrapped is expensive. I just don't see any way this is sliced where getting the fx4 and trying to replicate the BAP is a better value than getting the BAP and making your own upgrades to the suspension and adding skid plates. You still get a locking rear diff with the power boost either way so why take the least cost effective route.
May not be a better value to pay to customize the FX to look more like the BAP version, but in the end it may be the best option if OP doesn't want or can't make the 20 hour round trip drive or fly out to get it and then drive it back. Back in the day you could have the local dealer get the truck from another location pretty easily. Now though with the limited inventory they won't do that cause they want/need the volume sales for allocation numbers. OP may not have a choice if making the trip to go get it is not something he can readily do.

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
May not be a better value to pay to customize the FX to look more like the BAP version, but in the end it may be the best option if OP doesn't want or can't make the 20 hour round trip drive or fly out to get it and then drive it back. Back in the day you could have the local dealer get the truck from another location pretty easily. Now though with the limited inventory they won't do that cause they want/need the volume sales for allocation numbers. OP may not have a choice if making the trip to go get it is not something he can readily do.
If that's the case then the BAP truck was never really a consideration and we're just giving our opinion on which package is better for no reason. I'm just doing a comparison of the two packages because that's what this thread is about but I'm not going to factor the trip into the value of each package . Its the OPs choice to make the trip or not and choose which truck suits his needs better.

Sponsored

OP
OP

PaulO

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 PB
To the OP, I'd encourage you to drive it a while and decide whether or not the rear shocks are needed. I found, coming from a Fox 2.0 equipped 2019, that I don't feel an urge to rush out and replace them on my 2022 PB. I suspect the added mass of the battery in the back helps to tame the rear end more than my previous truck.
Great point. Thanks.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
THANK YOU!
makes zero sense! especially since its an appearance package and the ONLY different between BAP trucks and mine is the damn bed length! Ford should do like BMW in the sense that you can order the darker headlights and taillights as stand-alone options.
I would have still wanted the BAP hood, badges and grill aside from the head/ tail lights.

Actually, what I REALLY would have preferred over either is if I could have gotten a Tremor with 6.5" bed, max tow and tow mirrors. Too bad the Tremor pkg wasn't an optional package like FX4 or BAP....

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
I would have still wanted the BAP hood, badges and grill aside from the head/ tail lights.

Actually, what I REALLY would have preferred over either is if I could have gotten a Tremor with 6.5" bed, max tow and tow mirrors. Too bad the Tremor pkg wasn't an optional package like FX4 or BAP....
man todd, me and you are on the same wavelength. I would have totally entertained the Tremor if it was offered with the 6.5' bed but as an off road minded truck i can see where keeping a short bed makes it more usable in tight places. thats why the BAP boggles my mind. it has nothing to do with anything other than straight up looks.

Reactions: 780

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
man todd, me and you are on the same wavelength. I would have totally entertained the Tremor if it was offered with the 6.5' bed but as an off road minded truck i can see where keeping a short bed makes it more usable in tight places. thats why the BAP boggles my mind. it has nothing to do with anything other than straight up looks.
Oh for sure. I get Fords reasoning why there was no 6'5" bed offered.

Except they sell a Super Duty version of the Tremor with a crew cab and 6'75"box.....

GM offers the Trail Boss and AT4 in 1/2 ton crew cab long box configurations...

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L

I would have really liked a Tremor with the BAP. Not really a fan of the orange accents but really like the front skid plate and the wheel/tire setup on the Tremor.

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Write the CEO and voice your complaints:

https://fordauthority.com/2022/10/2023-ford-f-150-lariat-to-drop-super-cab-configuration/

They must think that because the shortbed crew cab is the most popular configuration that they can get away with the tricks Toyota pulled; dropping single cabs, hamstringing extended cabs and offering ‘your ford, your way’ as long as it’s one of the ways that Ford decides to build it.

Rather than concentrating on building trucks consumers want, Ford keeps coming out with new sticker packages to trick people into thinking that they had a say in the matter.

If I wanted a crew cab shortbed; I’d no joke get a Honda Ridgeline. They are pretty versatile, maybe too comfortable and quicker than they should be with a V6. The locking bed storage and multifunction tailgate is pretty sweet.

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
Except they sell a Super Duty version of the Tremor with a crew cab and 6'75"box.....
GM offers the Trail Boss and AT4 in 1/2 ton crew cab long box configurations...
I would have really liked a Tremor with the BAP. Not really a fan of the orange accents but really like the front skid plate and the wheel/tire setup on the Tremor.
@780 did not know GM offered long bed versions of those two
@Blue22 the orange is hit or miss with me. some days i'm ok with it and some i'm not. If it werent so darn expensive i'd do the tremor front skid plate swap on my Lariat

Reactions: 780

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm not a big fan of the orange either. But figure it would be easier to deal with that then buying and installing Tremor Wheels and skid. (Also don't care for the BAP wheels)

Jafo2317

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Carbonized F150 / 2021 Aztec Ranger
Occupation
N/A
Ford F-150 BAP or FX4 package? 13265
2022 Carbonized Gray Platinum with Diamondback HD cover; 2" ready lift up front; Fuel black Vapor wheels; removed the stock 20" wheels and tires and went with Nitto Recons 295/70/18 slight rubbing that has been taking care of already. Will be installing the Bushwacker OEM flares in the very near future.
Sponsored